Thread: George Xu.

Tvebak Guest

George Xu.

I have heard a lot about this guy, and now he is going to give a seminar near me.
    Anyone of you know him or something of his teaching methods?
    I have heard that its going to be a Hsingyi seminar, i have heard of GXs Taichi, anyone know how his Hsingyi is?

Stranger Guest
    I know very little about him:

He teaches Honan Hsing-i (6 shapes, 10 animals) and Chen Tai Chi.

I've never heard anything bad about him, and he definitely has trained for a long time. I would go.

"The Tao is an uncarved block of wood in which all shapes are possible."

Sam Wiley Guest
    I have heard that he is not only a nice man but a good teacher as well.

I have a tape with him teaching his style of Hsing-i (the animals part), and it looks pretty good. Actually up until a couple of days ago, when I got to see two other styles in the same day (Shanxi and Hebei I think), this was the only Hsing-i I had seen.

He seemed very sincere on the tape. I would go to the seminar if I were you. I think you'll enjoy it.

"I put forth my power and he was broken.
    I withdrew my power and he was ground into fine dust."

-Aleister Crowley, The Vision and the Voice

neijiachuan Guest

I may be able to help you....

Tvebak,

My teacher is a long time student of Xu Guoming (George Xu). I would be glad to give you the proper information needed to get a hold of him if you like. You can ask him any questions and I am sure he would be more than happy to answer them. You can tell him that Richie referenced you to him. His name is Jim Criscimagna I know that he is currently studying/teaching Chen Taijiquan exclusively under Chen Xiaowang and Ren Guangyi. I'm not sure if he is still training with George but he did for quite a long time. Here is his website address and you can contact him via email through viewing his website.
    Jim's website

Hope this helps you out.

Regards,

Richie C.

Tvebak Guest

Thanks for your help.

I will try to get enough money to go to the seminar, if i do i will write about it here afterwards.
    Thanks again.

Kung Lek Guest
    Hi-

I have seen a tape of his where he demonstrates 6 harmonies fist and also a Ba Sien (8 immortals) Gim (jian) form.

really excellent form and realy well done. I think it would be worthwhile to go to a seminar of his.

peace

Kung Lek