Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pretty hardcore "Thug Life" workout vid.

Pretty hardcore "Thug Life" workout vid.

NWS language.

Link.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Just bodyweight?

Watched the pretty impressive clip,

There are some other ones down the side which you can select to watch on you tube. Some of the guys are pretty huge. they must uses weights as well right? Or is it possible to get this big just from doing bodyweight exercises?

W

William,

I am from NYC. I had friends who worked out in the parks and in the streets. I also had friends who went to jail and came back "jacked!" These people who were raised in poverty do not go to a conventional gym and lift weights. Their workouts was largely based on body weight exercises because it was free, cheap, and effective. If some were lucky enough, they would have a home gym: one flat bench, one oly. bar, a few plates, and cheap dumbbells. It is my opinion that the size of these athletes are based on their genetics, high volume training, and eatting a ghetto based diet.
    Last edited by FooFighter; 04-20-2006 at 04:36 AM.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

WOW, thats some pull up action,going to the gym now,must try!

ghetto based diet?

fried chicken, rice, collard greens, sweet potato pie, ham, oxtail, neckbones, black eyed peas... that type of stuff? Lol, I've never heard of the stuff I eat all the time called ghetto based.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Ghetto based is White Castle and Brown's Chicken and Pasta. What you wrote is soul food, yummy and nutritious. Not sure which FF was talking about

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    ghetto based diet?

fried chicken, rice, collard greens, sweet potato pie, ham, oxtail, neckbones, black eyed peas... that type of stuff? Lol, I've never heard of the stuff I eat all the time called ghetto based.
    You forgot watermellon.

I'm not sure what a ghetto based diet is either, but I've had oxtail with black-eyed peas and that stuff was great. I'd eat it as often as I could. I'm also a big fan of collard greens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by fa_jing
    Ghetto based is White Castle and Brown's Chicken and Pasta. What you wrote is soul food, yummy and nutritious. Not sure which FF was talking about

yeah, I wish we had white castle here. the frozein ones suck, and Krystal can't hold a flame to white castle. We do have popeye's and church's chicken though.

On a side note, those pullups were insane.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

In my ghetto house our diet consisted of lettuce and mayonnaise sandwiches. Mmm
    "Let your rapidity be that of the wind, your compactness that of the forest.
    In raiding and plundering be like fire, in immovability like a mountain.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

A NYC ghetto diet is a high fat and high carbs, which can come from many sources other than southern cooking aka "soul food". The ghetto dietary foods are cheap, processed, refined, high in salts or sugars and meats are usually not lean, but fatty.

souse, fried bologna, etc. IMO, that's still southern. It's all the same. but in the south, tea is served sweet.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I've never eaten at White Castle

I think I may have had their frozen burgers once, tho.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

NYC Ghetto based foods may consist of non-southern foods such as pizza, cheap greasy chinese take out, macdonalds, fast food joints, government cheese, peanut butter and jelly sandwich or mayo and white bread sandwich, fried anything foods, canned foods; etc. Southern cooking definitely is a foundation for ghetto foods, but it has evolved into other ethnic foods. Iron, I never had white castle too. I do not think we are missing much, bro.

Awwww MAIN? You FO GOT Da Green Pepper Welfare Hamburger. Dats TOO Pieces AH WONDA BREAD, some grilled green Pepper and some Chunked out Hamburger and SOM KETCHUP, Nuggah.

WERD,,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword
    Awwww MAIN? You FO GOT Da Green Pepper Welfare Hamburger. Dats TOO Pieces AH WONDA BREAD, some grilled green Pepper and some Chunked out Hamburger and SOM KETCHUP, Nuggah.

WERD,,,,TWS
    Dude,

Your words may read as prejudice and I think N-word shouldn't be use. Just my point of view and I am not asking you to change yours. My previous comments were not targeted at any particular "race", especially african americans. If I have offended any black americans with my previous comments, please accept my appologies. It so happens there are many diverse racial groups in the urban NYC ghettos and they all eat what I just described. It is not a moral judgement, but just an observation.