Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Claw brand Feiyue

Ah yes, the Jager girls

Sexy girls selling alcohol is much more efficient than sexy girls selling swords. But still, we do what we can.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Hands down the best longest lasting MA shoe i have ever worn has been KWON brand, they held up better than century, tiger claw and pinetree
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Help: Feiyue and Shoes For Training

I love wearing Feiyue shoes for wushu training. As anyone who has worn them knows, they quickly fall apart and only provide minimal support for a short period of time.

I've been having some knee trouble and would like to wear shoes with thicker soles for training. But Feiyues, or other slipper like brands, are very traditional for wushu.

Is this because it is better to train (jumps, tumbling, splits, etc.) in slipper like shoes? Can more traditional sneakers with thicker soles cause injury? I'd love to hear what you guys think/have experienced.

I've still got an old pair of those stylish paragons of footwear I got when I was in China back in the mid-90s.

these shoes are awesome!!!
    i have no problem with them
    beside the fact there are holes in the shoes every now and then!!

You want to avoid shoes that lift the heel. You may want to try some volleyball or indoor soccer shoes. Both are flat bottom, allow side to side movement, and may have more arch support. The soccer shoes will have a stiffer sole.
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

As funny as this sounds, I actually wrote about this in my blog about a month ago. Here's the link if you want to check it out.

I also like the feel of Feiyue shoes and recommend them to my students but I don't think they are perfect.
    Richard Chow

My School
    My Blog

christ i missi kung fu sometimes. i love posting when drunk.

for different reasons i need similar shoes. when squatting and deadlifting i need something that keeps me close to the ground, yet doesnt squish a lot which ****s everything up. if you squish into the floor you cant generate power for squatting or pulling ... same as in rooting.

the best bang for your buck in powerlifting is converse chuck taylors. although i wore them as a kid because they were cheap, i thought it was just trendy until i tried them out. they are better than barefoot for squatting, and although i've done no extensive tma training in them, they feel great when i go through some old movements for warmup before lifting.
    where's my beer?

High top converse with good orthotics for support, for Wu Shu I like that the best . with too much heel lift there is a greater chance of rolling of the ankle and also increased chance of tendonitis of the Patellar tendon especially with alot of jumping and low squatting. Try Pumas and or Nike again with orthotics. Some of the New balance stores can fit you for orthotics from 25.00 to 200.00 KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

wrestling shoes too.
    where's my beer?

tx

very helpful folks, thank you! I'll try out some different things with orthotics.

Indoor soccer shoes work well

Here's what I used to wear.
    http://www.worldsoccershop.com/depar...cer-shoes.html

I got a few years out of a single pair.
    Last edited by Chief Fox; 02-25-2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: more info
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    wrestling shoes too.
    Second this, with a cavite: don't use wrestling shoes if you gots to run durring class. They're fantastic for every thing else, but not running. I actually only use my mat shoes ing kung fu, never on the mat any more. Kept injuring my toes because I couldn't flex my ackles enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.