http://shop.vans.com/webapp/wcs/stor...0101_302951_-1
    best,

bruce

Happy indeed we live,
    friendly amidst the hostile.
    Amidst hostile men
    we dwell free from hatred.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=brucereiter

Yeah one of our guys in Athens has a pair of the solid black ones & besides comfort & support.... are cool!!!!!

I wish Vision hadn't gone under from back in the day.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Chuck Taylor......

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    HIGHTOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All Stars??

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    All Stars??
    Neh... Chuck's are great but too $$$$$$ ....

I'm wanting Hightop Fei Yue's I turned Gene onto.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Look at the New Balance ultralights they look great. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Neh... Chuck's are great but too $$$$$$ ....

I'm wanting Hightop Fei Yue's I turned Gene onto.
    Too Much $$$$$?? Really? I know they have gone up over the last few years.

Here in ATL a pair of black Chucks... $40+

Holy SH!T

Here in ATL a pair of black Chucks... $40+
    OUCH!!!......

patience, sean, patience...

We *are* working on it.

If it comes to pass, I'll try to arrange to comp you a pair for the tip.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I have tried a few different MA shoes but I always come back to the old Feiyue's.

Best fit and after a while they become like socks -great sole as well unlike some of the fancy shmancy ones that have a narrow one.

Im sure they are not what the podiatrist would recommend but hell - think of its as conditioning for the feet.

Feiyue's Rock!

I once spent $50.00 on a pair of those adidas martial art shoes, black with red stripes, they lasted me three months. The tips scraped to hell and the sole peeled back. Feiyue's last three times as long for a fraction of the price. I don't really like them when they are brand spanking new but after a month or two they are broke in just right. After I am done using them for training I lace them up one last time and push the heel down and they make a very comfortable pair of house shoes. No shoe conforms to your feet better after breaking in. In my opinion, they are the best shoe for training, last the longest, and are the cheapest, what more could you want.

Feiyue and....

Feiyue's are nice shoes and they look good as well.

What I do to make mine last is rotate my martial art shoes. I have one pair of whites, one of the black, a pair of the white tiger claws and a pair of the black ones.

This method I find works awesome for your regular outerwhere shoes as well. I looked back to when I was younger and I noticed that I used to where the same sneakers everyday. And I needed new shoes more frequently. Now, that I am older, I find that switching pairs (find a rotation system that best suits your needs) has yielded some good results.

So, back to the martial art shoes. Feiyues sometimes have tendency to slip off during push-ups or sprints so it is important to find a pair that exactly fits your foot. You need your heel to hug the shoe. So, if it is a light workout class or a class where I am an assistant, I will tread ground in the feiyues, usually.

For the regular classes, the Tiger Claw shoes have a snug fit that stay on the whole class. I like the canvas of the feiyues though. I think that it is comfortable. The tiger claw's work just as well but the wear and tear on them is much more visible. So those I try to rotate each class or each week (depending on the frequency of my training in any given week). I know these shoes will last me for a good amount of time (they'll have to because I have other financial priorities).

I have the Thunder Kicks as well but I haven't worn them yet. They are definitely not for sparring and are very bulky. Someone suggested I just use them as a regular sneaker instead of martial art shoes. Does anyone here train with Thunder Kicks?
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Quote Originally Posted by sha0lin1 View Post
    I don't really like them when they are brand spanking new but after a month or two they are broke in just right.
    LOL>..after a month of two is usually when i have to throw them away......

Are feiyues safe for training on low carpet? I don't wanna pop my knees or ankles, but carpet is nasty anymore.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

the soles are rounded on the bottom; at least the pair I bought.... really didn't like that.
    tried to use 'em in a stint where i was going back to traditional training and they didn't work out for me.
    Got a pair of old school vans that i think is a bit better.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting