Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Claw brand Feiyue

Haven't tried the Ottomax cuz the soles look too narrow for my liking. At least the ones I've always seen. I tried the Tiger Claws when they first came out and while they were nice, didn't last nearly as long as I was hoping they would. All the horse stances and my feet started coming out the sides.

I love my feiyues though. Yeah they wear out in the soles. But they last just as long as any other "martial arts" shoe I have worn. And the price is right

I keep a pair of black ones for training cuz anyone practicing tiger should be wearin black...and a nice clean pair of white ones for chillin, cuz all the homes dig em...no lie I can't tell you how many times I've been asked where to get a pair....I just say ancient chinese secret

I have both the Fei Yu and the Tiger Claw leather shoes. Both are great. Wear them to comps, to the gym or just going to the store.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

on the legendary Feiyue hi-tops

We actually have two reps in China now searching for the hi-tops. Feiyue is a funny company because it's strangely diversified. Such is business in China. There is a main company, a parent company if you will, that oversees all the products. However they outsource - which I'm not sure is the right word to use here since we usually think of outsourcing shoe making to China (or extreme rendition to Egypt ) and not China outsourcing to itself. This means there are many smaller factories, which is why we see so many knock-offs. Our official Feiyue rep is now saying that the high tops aren't official label but from one of these smaller factories. This is after an initial report that they were going to secure them for us. When our two reps return next week, I hope to have more for you about this.

Business with China is always challenging this way.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

hahahaha

teh awesome!

holy shoes!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Went ahead

and ordered a pair. At worst, I've got some cool footwear. At best, I've got something to keep me from getting plantar's wart, or somesuch.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    Are feiyues safe for training on low carpet? I don't wanna pop my knees or ankles, but carpet is nasty anymore.
    I used Kwon and Feiyues on hard bound carpet for a few years. Back in my days of wushu. Burned through a pair pretty quick though, regardless of the brand.

soft rubber is a ***** on carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    I have both the Fei Yu and the Tiger Claw leather shoes. Both are great. Wear them to comps, to the gym or just going to the store.
    I have become a big fan of leather training shoes. Except for use on heavy bags, i find the sole threads pop to fast. I use my feiyus for the bag and i use the leather for pretty much everything else now.

I have had a pair of Tiger Claws for the past year and generally enjoy them, save for the fact that the width of the heel is so thin! Whenever you stand in them, you feel like you're going to tip to one side or the other.

I refuse to pay a huge amount of money for a training/sparring shoe (like the Adidas shoes). I'm going to check out these http://www.superfoots.com/turfblackshoe.html

Anyone with any experience with the Turf shoe?
    Crisden

Quote Originally Posted by crisden View Post
    I have had a pair of Tiger Claws for the past year and generally enjoy them, save for the fact that the width of the heel is so thin! Whenever you stand in them, you feel like you're going to tip to one side or the other.

I refuse to pay a huge amount of money for a training/sparring shoe (like the Adidas shoes). I'm going to check out these http://www.superfoots.com/turfblackshoe.html

Anyone with any experience with the Turf shoe?
    Yeah ... order them a half size big. I ordered the same size I wear in most other shoes. It fit lengthwise, but the shoe was too snug for comfortable wearing.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

having tried a mariad of different shoes for martial arts, i finally found a shoe that will work fairly well & hold up to a pounding. feiyue & dicsciplines shoes i have found in my experience wear out too quickly & the discipline tends to separate at the sole or the leather will tear at the fore foot. i have been wearing a pair of adidas adi racers & previously a pair of adidas tuscany's for kung fu & lion dancing. the shoes themselves are similar to disciplines & other wu shu shoes but they do offer abit of a stiffer sole, arch support & a good stiff heel cup. they were originally developed for cart & car racing. i have been using my current pair for about 2 years now & they are still holding up strong. the only down side is that it takes about 1-2 months to break in but afterwards no complaints. fwiw, i train 4-5 days a week in them & they are still holding up well. i stock piled a few pairs just in case when these wear out...
    cheers,
    mk
    p.s. they do offer these in low tops & high tops.
    Hung Sing Kung Fu Studio - Chinatown Branch
    724 Commercial Street
    San Francisco, Ca 94108
    email: hungsingclf@comcast.net

“Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” - Buddha

I've tried a few different brands. Some of the ones mentioned in earlier posts seem a bit costly though. On that note, I was thinking about getting a pairing of RingStar training shoes. I figure it would be nice to have something comfortable to walk around in when I am assisting class.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

I want some toe shoes!!!! Sorry, I ain't calling 5 fingers; fingers is on hands not feet. But I bet those would been regular mat shoe hands and feet down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

When Legends become real

Black Feiyue Hi Tops
    White Feiyue Hi Tops

They're in customs now. If all goes well, we'll have them here by Jan 5th.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Got size 13s?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Ooh, hi-tops. Neat. Might have to get a pair.

Been using a pair of the black TC Feiyues for a while now, both for general wear and training. They've worked well so far, regardless of surface or activity, and are super comfy. Had to replace the laces pretty early on, but that's not uncommon in my experience. What's been really odd, though, has been the wear on the soles; they were nice and grippy at first, then wore down kinda smooth and started getting uncomfortably slick on the kwoon's tile, but after they wore down even a little bit smoother they've regained a lot of the original grippyness. Not wearing down past the rubber or anything either. Kind of strange.