Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Claw brand Feiyue

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I have two students who have wide feet-one is a 12 4E
    Should he save his money and look elsewhere?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Hard to say...

I would definitely bump it up a size if they are extra wides. You can always return them if they don't fit.

Just between us, if you're going to buy large Feiyues, buy them now. Due to some shifts in the exchange rate, the larger sizes will increase in price very soon. That's just a little tip for the forum.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

And for a word from our sponsors....

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Feiyue cameo

Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks

Feiyue shoes spotted at 0:57 & 2:03.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ive gotten about 5 families hooked on feiyues that dont even practice martial arts lol

they all better be ordering through martialartsmart.com !!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

having recently purchased a pair; i have to say that the tiger claw brand of feiyues are the highest quality that i've owned.

given all the pirating and trademark misappropriation when it comes to dealing with chinese products - it's nice to find a reliable vender that sales a high quality (true to the brand) product.
    Last edited by kristcaldwell; 03-07-2011 at 12:19 PM.

I have 2 pairs of Feiyue shoes. 1 white and 1 black. I bought the White pair at the Temple and the black pair through my old instructor. With both pairs, I always feel like I'm going to roll my ankles.

How much extra support do the hi-tops provide? Have they hindered you at all?

Thanks!

Thanks for the endorsements, Lucas & kristcaldwell!

@crashhelmet,
    The Hi-tops definitely give you better support. They aren't true Hi-tops - not as high as basketball shoes - so they aren't restrictive in the least. As they are lace-up, you can adjust the tightness around your ankle, but they don't really go above the ankle joint, so they don't bind your deep stances at all. I don't know if they will prevent ankle rolling, but they'll certainly help more than the original version.

Time to post the link to our store again.
    Get your Tiger Claw Feiyues here.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

First TIME, then WSJ, now CNN!

'Made in China’ is finally cool
    How Chinese brands are reinventing themselves, winning huge numbers of fans in Shanghai and internationally
    By Ellen Himelfarb 8 February, 2011

After a decade of being hit over the head with international brands like Adidas, Vans and Converse, China is bringing it back home.

The coolhunters today are talking more and more about a Shanghai renaissance, considered China's source of all things cutting edge, led by homegrown names such as Feiyue, Shang Xia and bicycle brand Forever C.
    Re-inventing classics

Much of this is a result of old brands undergoing some serious revamps to tap into their local provenance.

In Shanghai, where buying the original Feiyue sneaker has become a rite of passage for many hip locals and foreigners, a Belgian entrepreneur was moved to relaunch the classic shoe under the name Sudu (which roughly translates to “speed addiction”).

The sneakers go on sale online later this year.

In additional to the shoe's new local look, Feiyue has recently also gone international with a redesign in France, featuring a sexed-up campaign akin to American Apparel’s, which won the shoes prime placement at the new Shoe Galleries in London’s Selfridge's.

Made in China - Feiyue - inline
    Feiyue sneakers are leading the revival of Chinese-made brands.

And if that’s not proof enough that the working-class Chinese shoe is making a major footprint on the world stage, there’s Huili. The time-honored brand’s classic Warrior shoe had its own makeover last year and now sells for more than RMB 300 a pair worldwide.

But sneakers aren’t the only Chinese products enjoying a comeback.

Fall 2010 began with the opening in Xintiandi of Shang Xia, a Hermes spin-off designed by Chinese for Chinese. It ended with the launch of the Forever C flagship in Hangkou, which sells a restyled version of the vintage postman bicycle for RMB 900. (An early run of 1,000 cycles sold out on Taobao in September.)

A shift in perception

Trends tend to start on the street, so it seems apt that Shanghai’s latest -- the comeback of "Made in China" -- should start with a few choice brands of similar cachet. As trends go, however, this one seems to have some life left in it yet.

“There’s definitely been a shift in perception [of Chinese brands],” says Shaun Rein, managing director of China Market Research Group. Targeting youth, he says, is the key.

Take China’s version of Kappa.

“Sports apparel is premium purchase for a lot of younger consumers, so they gravitate towards Kappa, whose Chinese incarnation puts the European brands to shame.”

Ditto Septwolves, the menswear brand from Fujian.

“It does very well in third- and fourth-tier cities,” says Rein. “In fact it beats the foreign companies investing out there.”

Lin Lin, co-founder of the design group Jellymon, cites Hangzhou-based fashion label JNBY as an example of the homegrown brands beating out the competition.

“It’s an example of how good Chinese fabrication can be,” she says. “The design is quite simple, yet avant garde. They’ve made an excellent transition from manufacturer to brand builder.”

Lin is a champion of “Made in China.”

Two years ago she designed a line of watches for Shanghai Watch Co., a heritage brand in need of an update.

The limited run sold out fast -- not only at The Source, but also Kidrobot in New York and Colette in Paris. Lin has attempted similar revivals with Feige bicycles and the classic Chinese Seagull cameras.

Still somewhat grassroots, the trend has nonetheless been noticed by blogs like www.nicelymadeinchina.com. And it’s providing fodder for case studies nationwide.

“Shanghai Tang is a clear role model,” says Elan Shou, a managing director for training at Ruder Finn PR in Shanghai.

“Meanwhile Huili and Feiyue were revitalized by foreigners, who have a great sense of the local market, and local brands like Forever are working hard to catch up," she says.

"With all these brands, some factors are similar -- blending the old and new to create a unique style. So far it’s still a niche market, although the fans are growing,

Look back to move forward

Nostalgia, or “the power of the golden sweet past,” as Shou calls it, has become a popular marketing tool. Indeed it’s the raison d’etre of the Time Honored Chinese Brand Shopping Mall in Pudong.

The city’s only one-stop shop for Qing Dynasty-era goose-egg powders and whitening creams opened last summer and began wooing shoppers unconvinced by expensive imported moisturizers.

“International brands do not belong to us,” says Daisy Wang a spokeswoman for the store. “Our true brands are all over China, but they’ve never been all together. Here we’ve made a building to promote them all in one place.”

So what’s the lesson for the multinationals out there looking to China to save their bottom line?

“Be worried,” says Rein.

“Up-and-coming Chinese brands are no longer positioning themselves as ‘cheap but good enough,’" he continues. "Younger brands are impressive and ambitious and can go head to head with foreign brands on equal footing.”
    Shoot, I posted the link to buy FEIYUES too early. I'll post it again for you now, broken down for your convenience.

FEIYUE Original White
    FEIYUE Original Black
    FEIYUE Hi-Top White
    FEIYUE Hi-Top Black
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

amazing!

...cheapest if you buy in China. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

New Style Feiyue

http://www.feiyue-shoes.com/pages_en/accueil.cfm

Anyone come across this before??

Gene - will you be adding to the range

There are actually a ton of different Feiyue styles

That Euro company you've linked to above, Blacktiger, has done all sorts of permutations of the design - some high end stuff actually. They hold the international distribution rights for Feiyue and will shut down any smaller distributor. Just try sell Feiyues on eBay and you'll get a cease and desist soon enough. Tiger Claw has been selling Feiyue longer than them, so we precede their distribution claims. Check out their prices, and you'll be thankful we have this precedence.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Wow!!!!

Im to stuck in my ways in any case - I like the classic style as is!!!

White or black - thats as wack as I get

The only trouble I've had with these shoes is that they can only last a little over a month if you practice with them and wear them on the street. It's a good thing Tiger Claw sells them for so cheap.
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

Thats very true....

I tried a whole host of different types in the early days and I have to say I think they are the best KF kicks on offer.