Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: traditional shaolin kungfu----a valuable book for collection

traditional shaolin kungfu----a valuable book for collection

here i introduce a very good book to these who are very interested with traditional chinese shaolin quan. if you are interested with the book,for detail information please contact with me: coco785@163.com or visit http://360.yahoo.com/dragonfly7711

In Volume I are recorded fifteen traditional Shaolin piglistic series. In Volume II and III alike are recorded fourteen traditonal Shaolin wushu combat skill,(2) seventy sets of Shaolin special pugilism to be practiced by a singled practitioner, and (3)ten sets of gong-fu training routine two combatants.Volume V is a rich potpourri of wushu theories, theories of traditional Chinese medicine,and classicalChinese philosophies and is composed of the five chapters of "Rudiments of Chinese Martial Arts","Invigoration of Physique","Meridians,Channels,Collaterals and Branches","Chinese Massage", and "Shaolin Qigong".The doctrines of the systems of meridians,collaterals,"qi"and blood as advocated in HUANGDI NEIJING(黄帝内经),the earliest classic of traditional Chinese medicine, serve in this volume as theoretical basis underlying its indoctrination which is compounded with the basic ethics of Buddhism,Confucianism and Daoism and intended as an expatiation on the general strategy,tactics,ethics and esprit befitting the community of Shaolin wushu practitioners.In the main the textbook is focused on imparting the knowledge of traditional Shaolin wushu series properly interlaced with wushu theories.The intention of the author and co-authors of the textbook is to give its readership a comprehensive knowledge of combat skills peculiar to each of the eighteen ancient Chinese weapons including broadsword,spear,sword,cudgel,etc.As a matter of fact,wushu series and combat skills peculiar to Shaolin gong-fu are too numerous for a gong-fu practitioner to master them thoroughly adroitly.

I have that whole series, it's very good. I am told some of the sets are not acurate, the "Martial monk sets" for instance. I think the "Small one", is actually the "Big Louhan" form, and the big one is actually the "Small" louhan form with an ending tacked on to give it length, but over all, it is a good series of manuals.

In addition, I also recomend the 72 consumate arts of Shaolin, it is an excellent complement to the series.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Reference Language

How about the translations for those of us who only know a handful of Chinese characters? Are English equivalents given and are they accurate?

Where can one find "72 consumate arts of Shaolin", Royal Dragon?

Who you gonna trust?

Some guy who sells this series off a web blog or an established brick and mortar warehouse that's been on the web since 1995 AND the sponsor of this forum?

coco, it's poor forum etiquette to spam a sales pitch on the forum. It's particularly rude when you do it on a site that is sponsored by a company selling the same product. Please curtail your sales activities in future. If you truly wis to advertise here, please do it through the proper channels.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    In addition, I also recomend the 72 consumate arts of Shaolin, it is an excellent complement to the series.
    Isn't that the book Brian Kennedy's book said was full of a lot of completely inaccurate history that has led to a lot of the misconceptions about Shaolin?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Smile Traditional shaolin Gongfu

any Gongfu lover who's interested with traditional shaolin gongfu can
    visit my blog. i would like to communicate with you guys.

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-xMUYv...RwrH1Fd7q0AOJ3

Traditional shaolin Gongfu

any gongfu lover who's interested with traditional shaolin gongfu can
    visit my blog. i would like to communicate with you guys.

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-xMUYv...RwrH1Fd7q0AOJ3

Please look at your private message.
    Bless you

It looks like your site is one big promotional add for the Tagou books, which can be bought directly from THIS site right here---------> http://www.martialartsmart.net/bslx115.html

Seeing that you posted this on multiple forums AND the editer of our magazine had a hand in getting these book to the US market in the first pace, Me thinks you will be deleted shortly as a spammer.....
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 04-17-2007 at 06:41 AM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

and your book can be purchased through Marial Arts Mart
    Bless you

which is a sponsor of this site
    Bless you

Three strikes and your out, coco

Banned.

Extra points for bodhitree, who once again leads our never-ending battle against spammers. RD also gets a nod of thanks. You guys are awesome.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

we should delete the whole thread?? I think so!
    Bless you

nah, let it stand

I doubt coco will get any business off it since his (or her) website doesn't list a price and you'd be a true fool to send $$ to China and expect delivery. It stands as a good example of what not to do. Also, it has your fine plug (and RD's) for our forum sponsor, so anyone with even the slightest grasp of wude will be able to make the right choice if they want to acquire said books.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips