Thread: Yin Ba Gua Video

Hope to start discussions about linear vs circular walking.

Personally I love the linear bagua. Don't get me wrong, nothing beats the circle-walking, but the post-heaven forms really show how bagua can be applied outside of the box (read: circle). That, and it seems to be a wonderful bridge between Bagua and Xingyi applications.
    ~H

If you go back to the first video of Dan Farber you actually see how to combine both linear and circle walking in one form or perhaps performance. In Dan's form he combines linear xiao kai men and then adds in some 8 mother palm lines both played static and dynamic, circular and linear. If you think about it, this is a good way to do 9 post training---both linear and circular.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

Thumbs up

Yes. It is a very very nice clip.

I found a clip there of Master Han, Grandmaster Liu Jing Ru's disciple doing a set with the Deer Antler Knifes -Very cool

The 64 hand clip has more bagua flavour than Liu He feel......