Thread: Daoist monk looking to teach in MA.

Daoist monk looking to teach in MA.

I just received an email from a friend who's been living in China for several years. She originally went over there to study Bagua under He Jinbao. Her current boyfriend is apparently a Daoist monk, resident of a monastery near Dali. Apparently certain sects allow their monks to date. . . Anyhow, she's coming home to Massachusetts this summer for a wedding, and she wanted to bring him along. Money isn't an issue, but his Visa is. It's very difficult to get the US government to grant a Visa to a Chinese national. In an attempt to ease the process this fellow, Zhou Xuan Yun, is looking for a school in MA who would be willing to write a letter inviting him to come teach there. In return he'd be happy to instruct in Tai Chi at your school free of charge. This would only be a temporary arrangement, as he plans to return to China at the end of the summer.

His web page can be viewed here:
    http://www.blogcn.com/user77/dalikongfu/index.html

Anyone who's even slightly interested, or knows someone who might be, should let me know, and I'll give you the email address of my friend, who can tell you more.

Thanks,
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Pustak
    It's very difficult to get the US government to grant a Visa to a Chinese national. In an attempt to ease the process this fellow, Zhou Xuan Yun, is looking for a school in MA who would be willing to write a letter inviting him to come teach there. In return he'd be happy to instruct in Tai Chi at your school free of charge.
    Difficult? Judging by all the Chinese nationals over here, it isn't very difficult. Of course by now Chinese martial arts teachers over here are a dime a dozen, though. Why doesn't she just marry this fellow?

Where in Massachusetts?
    The more one sweats in times of peace, the less one bleeds in times of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Joyce
    Where in Massachusetts?
    They'll primarily be in Boston, but I think they're going to be mobile enough to travel about the state and region.