Thread: Qigong Massage

Hybrid View

Qigong Massage

Can anyone give me a description of this, or point me to where I can find a detailed description of it? I'm doing a business project for school, and one of the massage modalities I mentioned is Qigong Massage. I've tried some googling, but almost everything i get is for Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming's book and video. Some help?
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus
    Can anyone give me a description of this, or point me to where I can find a detailed description of it? I'm doing a business project for school, and one of the massage modalities I mentioned is Qigong Massage. I've tried some googling, but almost everything i get is for Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming's book and video. Some help?
    Don't know if this might help, but:
    http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/qigong/qgsm.htm

Best,
    Kenton
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

thanks

like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Try doing searches on Acupressure and Tui Na.
    ~H

Quote Originally Posted by couch
    Don't know if this might help, but:
    http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/qigong/qgsm.htm

Best,
    Kenton
    You don't get anywhere the chi affect with a self massage.

I feel it would be best to purchase some books on the subject.

Slightly OT

I'm hijacking this thread for massage in general, and may someday delete 'qigong' from the current thread title.

Seven of the world's weirdest massages

Taiwanese meat cleaver massage
    Yes, if you haven't spent enough time being stabbed in the back at work or home, you can now pay for the pleasure with your local Taiwanese street vendor.

Known as daoliao or "knife massage", the process involves being lightly struck with the sharp side of two meat cleavers. It's most popular in Taiwan, but knife massage has been practiced for hundreds of years on the Chinese mainland.

The blades are dull, but that doesn’t quite distract from the fact that you're still paying to be very, very lightly stabbed. For 10 minutes of sheer terror stress-relieving bliss, a knife massage will set you back around $7.

(image: YouTube/Christine Ng)

Hakali cactus massage
    Yes, why have a relaxing, warm and soothing massage when you can be repeatedly prodded with a plant that's renowned for being t*****? Because you've got money to burn and a need to impress your friends on social media, that's why.

Despite the name, a cactus massage really isn’t painful at all – mostly due to the fact that the "needles" are removed from the plant beforehand, meaning it's more like being rubbed down with lily pads than rose stalks.

Cactus is used because the gel inside is soothing and restorative for the skin, just like aloe vera. It’s taking the world by storm, and is even available here in Australia in some high-end hotels like the QT hotel on the Gold Coast.

(image: Four Seasons)

Thai face slap massage
    Yes, it's not a weird massage unless it involves some moderately painful gimmick, like getting slapped in the face.

Tata is a Thai-American who's bringing the traditional art of "face slapping" to San Francisco. She claims that the gentle, rhythmic slapping of her hands against your face helps to remove wrinkles, tighten up pores and even reverse aging.

And it’s not just your face that's getting a beauty beat-down, Tata also claims that she can add inches of size to a ladies bust, all with the magic of a well-timed backhand.

(image: Mambokikwetu / Blogspot)

Snake massage
    Are you deeply terrified by the thought of lying in a pit of snakes, ala Indiana Jones?

Then perhaps the snake massage at the Bali Heritage Reflexology and Spa in Jakarta is not for you. For about $60, you can have the pleasure of several pythons writhing and squirming all over your semi-naked body. Although that sounds very Samantha from Sex In The City, it’s very much more Bindi at Australia Zoo.

The spa only uses pythons that are non-venomous, and all of the snakes have their mouths taped shut to avoid them chomping on any errant dangly bits. Which makes the whole process seem totally fine.

(image: Digital Deconstruction)

Fire cupping massage
    It seems that in China, anything that can make a massage a little more dangerous to your health and safety is seen as a good thing. Case in point: fire cupping.

Fire cupping is an ancient technique whereby glass cups are heated over a flame and then placed on your body. As the glass cup cools, it sucks your skin up into the cup, pooling the blood and "detoxifying" your body.

Cupping looks painful, but many recipients say that it's relaxing and eases stiffness from long days at the desk. It's even become an Instagram sensation in its own right, appearing in the feeds of celebrities like Madonna and athletes like Sonny Bill Williams.

(image: Sonny Bill Williams/Twitter)

Tickle massage
    What can be described as one person's hell on earth is another's cheeky afternoon relaxation, and that fits the description of a tickle massage perfectly.

Practiced in Spain by a group of "tickle aficionados", a tickle massage involves standard procedure – you take of your garments, change into some paper underwear and lay face down on a table hoping that the masseuse isn’t a murderer.

The masseuse then begins to lightly tickle you, both with their fingers and variety of implements including feathers and cold fabrics. For those of you squirming in your seat, the goal of the massage isn’t to make you laugh, but to conquer your fear of being tickled.

(image: Cosquillearte)

Snail massage
    Somehow, having slimy molluscs crawl up and down on your face seems like one of the more appealing treatments on this list.

Signing yourself up for a snail massage is the next big thing in the world of beauty treatments, and is (apparently) a process that dates back as far as ancient Greece.

The reasoning behind the massage is that the snail's slimy excretion is believed to help protect your skin from cuts, bacteria and UV damage. At least you can say it’s not the first time you've had a snail trail pressed up against your face.

(image: YouTube / Barcroft TV)

As a side note, you can see Madonna get needled (both the TCM way and the William Dafoe way ) in the film Body of Evidence (1993). Actually, you'll see a bodacious amount of Madonna in that film.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Go you remember what you posted a decade ago, kids?

Gene knows.

I think Gene's the Pepperidge Farm guy...

Gene's like the TimeHop of KFM :P :P

Y'all can poke fun but a study in 2009 found "that treated children had significant classroom improvement of social and language skills and reduction in autistic behavior compared with wait-list control participants." after receiving 20 sessions of Qigong massage.

See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19708471 for the abstract.