Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Hustle 2

Kung Fu Hustle 2

------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

What happened to the Shaolin scoccer II with female teams?

Both my brother and I laughed with Chow or Zhou movie so hard.

He interpreted all the legends with his own views and brought them alive on the screen.

Lots of fun for CMA novels and MA fans.

Wonder what "styles" of Kung Fu will be in his new movie?

Shaolin soccer II

Shaolin soccer went to TV; like almost all successful Chinese movies, a cheap TV serial was made out of it - Kung Fu Soccer - I've yet to check it out myself (it's playing on our Chinese station here in the SF BAy area). I hear it's amusing, but no where near the original, which was my opinion of the Crouching Tiger TV series, et.al....
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

your right about the CTHD. i bought a dvd version of the serial tv series and its no where near as good. but interesting on its own.

kung fu hustle 2 sounds cool. oh well on the chick though. one less women who cant talk... wait..... thats perfect!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Chu Chi Ling

We had Dim Sum with Master Chu Chi Ling last week. He said Chow had contacted him for the sequel. I said 'didn't you die in the last one'. He said sure, but he might be cast as that character's twin brother. Such is Hong Kong film.

Personally, I'd rather see Chow forge into new ideas and new films instead of fall into the world of sequels. It's his innovative vision that I really admire, and I think that can be better exploited when he has carte blanche with a new film than trying to top a sequel.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thumbs up

Kool ordinaire extra!

His Hung Gar iron wire fist is one of the highpoints in the movie.

Agreed that Chow has a lot of creativitiy and imaginations and most important of all the humor and exaggerations out of this world.

I've yet to watch a whole episode, although I've noticed it comes on everyday at 8pm. Channel 8 here in San Jose. I always would start watching in th middle of an episode and have trouble getting into it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    Shaolin soccer went to TV; like almost all successful Chinese movies, a cheap TV serial was made out of it - Kung Fu Soccer - I've yet to check it out myself (it's playing on our Chinese station here in the SF BAy area). I hear it's amusing, but no where near the original, which was my opinion of the Crouching Tiger TV series, et.al....
    Are you a warrior? Killer? Slicin --it like a samurah

have you all read an interview with chow about KFH2

the stupid interviewerwas asking a bunch of stupid questions, but the one that got me all steaming was when he asked Chow if it were to be shot in english.

what kind of BS question is that
    why the F*ck would it be shot in english, its a god **** chinese movie, why would chow cator to the stupid lazyass americans who cant read, i mean just because KFH came to america, that automatically means its an american movie and should be trashed like every other american movie

and this is all assuming that KFH2 will even come to america
    my god, crap like that gets me so angry

As long as KFH2 is better than Kung Fu Mahjong was. Now THAT was a lousy movie.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I dont care if kfh2 comes to united states theaters. just as long as an asian video stores carries it on dvd in the unites states. I defenately don't want to see it filmed in english.
    Are you a warrior? Killer? Slicin --it like a samurah

aside from the comedy, how are the fight scenes? Are they any good? Are they all Matrixy fake? I personally don't like how a lot of martial arts movies have been all matrixy fake for the last few years.

Kung Fu Hustle 2

For those of you eagerly awaiting the release of the sequel to Kung Fu Hustle, and why you would be doing that, I don't know, I give you the following news from SciFi.com:

During a promotional event in Shanghai, China, Kung Fu Hustle director Stephen Chow said he would postpone a sequel and would next helm an as-yet-untitled SF movie that will feature kids and in which Chow will play an astronaut who falls in love with a girl in space, the MonkeyPeaches Web site reported.

Kung Fu Hustle was complete unto itself. All the threads were tied off in very satisfactory american fashion. To make a sequel would be putting yourself out to *****. Yes, they do it all the time. I should grow up and get over it.
    ~The table saw is my weapon of
    choice

kung fu hustle 2 ?

who knows anything about it ?

i read that that hung gar guy will be in it but thats all i know
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

according to imdb.com the movie has been put on hold. and chui chi ling will be in the second one last i heard. he is playing the dead gay tailor's twin brother. i hope they actually go through with making it. i like stephen chows movies and kung fu hustle was hilarious.