Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kung Fu Hustle 2

yes. I always enjoy his humor and exeggeration out of this world.

some like the fighting scenes but for the most part it is a comedy.

a farm lady punched his stomach when he "hustled" as the axe gang member and tried to get some money from the "innocent" village people.

wei wei what do you do?

I am a farmer. Something wrong with you. meaning that nobody believed that he is a gangster. He failed big time.

"An Shi Gen Tian De. You Mao Bing"

I laughed so hard.

--

The fighting is really fantastic in that it doesn't take itself too seriously. Often kungfu movies now days try to turn hard to believe fantastical magic kungfu flying and other legendary skills into serious fight scenes and come off just looking cheesy. Suspension of disbelief is lost. These kind of fight scenes fit into Stephan Chow's comic book style comedies much better than a lot of the serious kungfu fantasy/ "historical" films, imo.

i thought the hung gar in kung fu hustle wasw the best ive seen since magnificient butcher
    not sure about the authenticity of the tam tui used
    but the pole stuff was also good
    tbh i only really liked the fight scene against the axe gang at the start
    the rest were good but too comic book
    still a very funny movie tho
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Question Kung-Fu Hustle part-2 ?,...

Forgive me if I missed it,..but was there, ...is there supossed to be a K.F.H. part 2 ? Thanks,Li Ma-Keh

yeah there is

but stephen chow shelved so he could do this other film...

yeah and the gay tailors twin brother is supposed to be in it as well also played by chiu chi ling.

Thumbs up thanks',...

Ohhh,...o.k.'. Thanks Bruce & Doug'. Li Ma-Keh

K.F.H. is the funniest movie i ever saw other than team america: world police

I would much rather see a Shaolin Soccer part 2.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

not gonna happen

never gonna be a seual to shaolin soccer at least not with chow that was the whole purpose of him crushing the soccer ball in kfh and saying no more soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    never gonna be a seual to shaolin soccer at least not with chow that was the whole purpose of him crushing the soccer ball in kfh and saying no more soccer.
    Yeah, I just didn't like KFh that much, and I'm just not that excited about seeing him do another one. I liked Love on Delivery and Fight back to School parts 1 and 2 much more.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

i saw kung fu hustle the 2nd day it was out in china. which was christmas day. it was great but i dont understand a word of chinese. er very few. thats one of the few cool things i can say about my china trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

ttt 4 2019!

There's a vid behind the link
    【承認開拍《功夫2》】星爺答應fans出演:我而家係幾廿歲嘅茄哩啡

建立時間 (HKT): 0211 12:40
    適中字型
    較大字型
    由周星馳自導自演的《功夫》於2004年上映,該戲將功夫及搞笑元素發揮得淋漓盡致,向香港經典功夫片致敬 ,前年有傳星爺再拍續集,更流出疑似新片的海報,不過星爺當時否認開拍。直至昨日,星爺在廣州與影迷交流互 動時,親口承認開拍《功夫2》。
    「周星馳貼吧」微博今日貼出星爺與fans對話的影片,一開始有人問聽說要拍《功夫2》是否真的,他坦言: 「對呀!其實不是真的《功夫2》,是類似這樣的故事,它是一個不是發生在這裡的,它是發生在外國的地方,這 個是現代的,但是跟當時的《功夫》有點一樣的方向。」
    問及他會否出演,現場fans即鬧哄哄起來,星爺反問:「我可以嗎?你覺得……」現場有fans說:「可以 ,跑龍套也行。」星爺即答:「係哦!我係茄哩啡嚟噃,同埋而家係一個幾廿歲嘅茄哩啡。」fans稱不介意, 星爺大笑:「你唔介意呀?但我介意噃!我而家冇咁打得喎,畀人打仲得,咁樣呀!呢個其實真係諗得過。」他們 叫星爺考慮一下,星爺一口答應:「一於咁話!」

goog trans
    February 11, 2019
    [Admitted to shoot "Kung Fu 2"] Stars promised fans to star in: I am a family of a few years old
    Establishment time (HKT): 0211 12:40

The "Kung Fu" directed by Stephen Chow was released in 2004. The play will bring the kung fu and the funny elements to the fullest, paying tribute to the Hong Kong classic kung fu movies. In the year before, there was a sequel to the singer, and a poster with suspected new films, but the star At the time, he denied the start of the shoot. Until yesterday, when Stars and Guangzhou interacted with fans in Guangzhou, they personally admitted to shooting "Kung Fu 2".

"Zhou Xingchi posted it" Weibo today posted a video of the dialogue between the star and the fans. At first, someone asked if I heard that "Kung Fu 2" was really true. He said frankly: "Yes! It is not really "Kung Fu 2", is A story like this, it is not a place that happened here. It is a place that takes place in a foreign country. This is modern, but it is in the same direction as the "Kung Fu" at that time."

Asked if he would star in the scene, the fans would be noisy, and the star said: "Can I? You think..." There are fans at the scene saying, "Yes, you can run the dragon." Stars answered: "Oh! I am The scorpion scorpion and scorpion scorpion are buried together and the family is a few years old. The fans said that they don’t mind, the star laughed: "Do you mind? But I mind 噃! I am so angry at home. It’s really awkward to say that it’s really awkward.” They asked the star to think about it, and the star said: “I’m talking!”
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

More rumors...

Kung Fu Hustle 2 Is Finally Coming: Why It Took 15 Years To Happen
    The first movie became an instant cult classic but here's why fans had to wait over 15 years for Stephen Chow's Kung Fu Hustle 2 to happen.
    BY PADRAIG COTTER
    JAN 12, 2020

The original became an instant cult favorite when it arrived in 2004, but here's why it took over 15 years for Kung Fu Hustle 2 to get moving. Stephen Chow is a legendary figure in Chinese cinema and started his career with roles in movies like John Woo's Just Heroes and taking over from Chow Yun-fat for God Of Gamblers II and III. He first moved into the directing seat for 1993's Flirting Scholar with Gong Li (Miami Vice), and regularly started to direct his own projects like 1996's The God Of Cookery.

Stephen Chow's breakthrough to international audiences came with 2001's Shaolin Soccer, which was a hyperactive, cartoonish sports movie. Chow shot it with overseas viewers in mind, and the movie's unique blend of action and comedy saw it become a solid hit. He followed up with Kung Fu Hustle, another action-comedy. In the film, he plays a lowlife criminal who gets mixed up with the Axe Gang, which leads to some incredible action scenes. Kung Fu Hustle received great reviews, grossing over $102 million internationally and remains one of Chow's most popular films.

Stephen Chow stated in 2005 he was working on Kung Fu Hustle 2, but its path to getting made would prove twisty. Chow's next film would be 2008's CJ7, a sci-fi comedy about a father and son who adopt a friendly alien. The E.T. aping comedy received a more lukewarm reception than Kung Fu Hustle and wasn't as successful. During this period, Chow was also hired to direct and star as Kato alongside Seth Rogen in Green Hornet. It seemed like a perfect pairing of star and project, but Chow would first drop out of the director seat following "creative differences" but remained on as Kato. before later exiting the production entirely.

Stephen Chow is known to be an exacting collaborator and perhaps not the easiest director to work with, with Green Hornet producer Evan Goldberg later admitting Chow wanted total control, which wasn't going to happen in Hollywood. Chow's next film as director was 2013's Journey To The West: The Demons Strike Back, and that year he stated Kung Fu Hustle 2 was still planned but had been put on hold while he'd focused on other projects in the intervening years. In 2016, he directed fantasy comedy The Mermaid - which became one of the highest-grossing Chinese films of all time - and 2019's The New King Of Comedy, a remake of his own 1999 movie.

Stephen Chow has been far more focused on directing than acting in recent years, to the point he hasn't appeared in a movie since CJ7. While promoting The New King Of Comedy he revealed Kung Fu Hustle 2 is finally happening, but it won't be a direct sequel. It will instead be set in modern-day and he will likely only cameo. While its disappointing Chow wouldn't be the lead - especially after his long absence from acting - in the sequel, it's just good to know its finally in development. With Chow's current focus on The Mermaid 2, it will likely be another couple of years before Kung Fu Hustle 2 punches into cinemas.
    It was an offhand comment from Chow that has lead to all these rumors for KFH2 as you can see above. Nevertheless, the cinema sites are regurgitating it because it's decent click bait.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart