Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royce vs Matt Hughes

Royce vs Matt Hughes

who do you think is gonna win this fight? And do you think Royce will shoot or pull guard?

Hughes and Guard
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Royce .... and both. He'll shoot, tie him up, and then pull guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronim
    who do you think is gonna win this fight? And do you think Royce will shoot or pull guard?
    pull guard, like always. he feels comfortable in the guard. the only thing i want to know are there going to be special rules in this match, like all the other matches, that royce been involved in?

i think this fight is going to be a snooze fest, royce will tired hughes out and may submit him, hughes will just lay on top of him. hopefully it will be an exciting fight, but i doubt it.

I really really want Royce to win. I can't stand Matt Hughes and his Aw Sucks crud.
    "Let your rapidity be that of the wind, your compactness that of the forest.
    In raiding and plundering be like fire, in immovability like a mountain.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Hughes will crush him.

Farmboys rule!
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

I doubt this fight will be very entertaining to watch. A good wrestler attempting to strike which usually, in Hughes' instance, doesn't go too well, and another terrible stand up fighter that is limited in wrestling but can submit from his back and likes to be there. I am sorry but this will either be a snore fest of a ground fight, considering Hughes will not gas during the five rounds, and Royce will be patient looking for openings but, with the rules the way they are, any stalling on the ground will lead to being stood right back up.
    A unique snowflake

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hjt
    pull guard, like always. he feels comfortable in the guard. the only thing i want to know are there going to be special rules in this match, like all the other matches, that royce been involved in?

i think this fight is going to be a snooze fest, royce will tired hughes out and may submit him, hughes will just lay on top of him. hopefully it will be an exciting fight, but i doubt it.
    and just exactly how confortable does he feel in the guard?

I like the preview/commercial of their fight on spike, "he thinks hes gonna beat me up, do this and that" lol Royce is so humble reminds me of one of those old masters.

Interviewer: FMatt is a little offended that you actually think you can fight him inside the Octagon and walk away the winner.

Royce: Matt is offended? That does not make any sense. He is a fighter right, and a fight takes two people, so what is he offended about? If anything, Matt should thank me for even having a job and being able to fight. For him to be offended for something my family created, I don't understand the disrespect. If he has problems with people fighting him, maybe he should look into a different profession. I was fighting in the UFC before he even knew what the UFC was, so I have no idea what he is offended about, I also do not care.

http://www.mma.tv/tuf/index.cfm?ac=L...41&FID=1&pc=13

his fmaily created fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan
    Hughes and Guard
    What he said.

his fmaily created fighting?
    i think he is referring how the gracies introduced BJJ and MMA to the US. and a new evolution in fighting they proved that not everyone was well rounded back then. they didnt invent MMA, since its been around in Brazil long before the UFC, they just market it here and look at it now, you have everyone trying to be an MMA fighter. i think thats what he meant.

Maybe he meant that literally his family created UFC?

Anyways, I hope matt doesnt lose, but I would like to see Royce win.

GSP by decision.

strike!

Quote Originally Posted by hjt
    i think he is referring how the gracies introduced BJJ and MMA to the US. and a new evolution in fighting they proved that not everyone was well rounded back then. they didnt invent MMA, since its been around in Brazil long before the UFC, they just market it here and look at it now, you have everyone trying to be an MMA fighter. i think thats what he meant.
    not everyone. Most people stil want to be boxers or kickboxers.

not everyone. Most people stil want to be boxers or kickboxers.
    i see where youre coming from and what you are trying to do. ok i ll play right now since work is pretty slow. no they dont want to boxers or kickboxers, do you have studies that it says so? look outside of the US MMA is huge, bigger than boxing, when they hold events they hold it in soccer and baseball stadiums. the fighters are treated like heroes. unlike boxing.

they want to be MMA'ers. look at them they are cross training. look at TUF highest rated show on cable, the contender which was a boxing reality show, got cancelled after a few episodes.

and when you say kickboxers? do you mean, thai boxing? san da? international kickboxing? or do you mean american kickboxing, which is like point sparring but with shiny pants.

i ll wait for your rebutal.