Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Push ups

Not really a problem, either, though. I have two boys and it hasn't slowed me down. I just need to go to the ciro 3-4 times a year to keep things lined up the right way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

height is also a factor

it is and so genes do any of your reletives have back problems talk to them to see how they deal with them.

the taller you are the more leverage is used on your bones.

i agree on the back strengthing exercise

I would advise seeing a physiotherapist since nobody here can evaluate your problem without physically being present.

However, try this and see if it helps: breath into your abdomen and isometrically contract all the "core" muscles. Hold this while doing your pushups, and make a conscious effort to keep everything in your midsection engaged. This is called the "brace", it is as if someone were about to slam a punch in your gut. Does this help? Also, "planks". Same was pushups except you are supported on your forearms, holding for time. Keep the brace. Does this help? If not, then seeing a physiotherapist is probably best.

BTW I would not be too aggressive with the spinal stretching without need and supervision, as you can cause damage to the back.
    Last edited by _William_; 05-10-2006 at 08:34 PM.

If you had kids maybe you could have a weak or overstretched transverse abdominus? Could be a never ending number of other things. I'd go see some kind of professional - physio, sports therapist, chiropractor etc.
    --- time is never wasted when your wasted all the time ---

I Did Damage The Tva!

I had a Diastis (not sure of spelling) I have worked the TVA to close it up. Done planks an core exercises. It wasn't a big seperation. It felt like forever to tighten it up again. Worked with Docs and Chiro, even a trainer friend of mine after babies were here. They all think that I tore it open before pregnancy from too many ab exercises. Funny though I was all belly when I was pregnant, I should post a photo to make you all laugh. Not really into photos online though.

Couple of other things to think about/try:

Have a go at doing the push ups resting on your insteps rather than your toes (only if you can do it comfortably) and see if you still get the pain (just do this as a test not as an alternative).

What sort of ab exercises have you done? If they think you tore your TVA from too many ab exercises did anyone test your psoas to see if it was tight?
    --- time is never wasted when your wasted all the time ---

If you don't like chiropractors (hacks ) find a Rolfer. It's less violent , more like a massage but very uncomfortable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolfing
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

I Knew I Had The Seperation When I Was Pregnant And Did What I Could At That Point. I Was Not Allowd To Exercise My Entire Pregnancy And If You Know Me Well Let's Just Say I Did Not Take This Well! I Was Able To Do Some Light Ab Work Ans I Tried My Best To Keep The Seperation Of The Recti At Its Lowest. It Was Only 2" By The Time I Gave Birth. Anyway, After I Delivered I Began These Ab Exercises ( I Did Them Every Day Until More And More Reps Until The Abs Were Stronger And The Seperation Closed Up And Then I Slowly Began Modified Abs...

Pelvic Tilits While Zipping Up And Holding The Contraction For 50 Counts And Releasing But Not All The Way To Start And Repeating 25 - 50 Times.

Simple Contractions Of Holding Tva Zipped And Breathing And Holding

Side Lying Obl Using Leg Lifts To Cont Obs.

Standing Weighted Side Bends.

Wrapped Band Or Towel Around Waste And Hold Ends At 45 Degrees While I Lift My Head And Contract No Shoulders Ever Lifting Because This Would Make It Worse By Pushing Them Out!!!

As Far As Rulfing Never Tries It Just Deep Tissue Massage Which Is Enough Of A Beating For Meand No One Checked Psoas

Please forgive the spelling and grammar! Wow, that was bad.