Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrities studying martial arts?

I just read somewhere that rass kass does indeed train - in filipino styles. here's some other stuff I found:

saafir trained muay thai
    Ghostface and GZA trained with shi yan ming
    DJ What?! trains JKD and BJJ
    Rakaa trained TKD as a kid, in addition to doing BJJ now

Will Smith has two Rotts, named Tyson and Gracie...Who knows?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    dude, when do you sleep?!?

I thought I was bad for being up at 7 on a sunday
    but aren't you and hour behind me?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I don't sleep much - never have. on avg. I sleep about 4 - 5 hours a day. I slept from like midnight to 5am, and I've been up ever since.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

On the Wesley Snipes topic, here's a couple excerpts from some interviews regarding his martial experience (practicioner of Capoeira and Western Sport Boxing):

Think you could’ve been a boxer?
    Oh, the trainers are telling you, “That’s great, you look good, you’re so sweet!” You punch the pads and they make it seem like you done punched through five feet of concrete, so you’re a bad dude. You start to believe that crap. “Yeah! I ain’t scared.” Until you get hit.

What’s your favorite martial art?
    Sleeping-in-hammock-with-beer-in-right-hand-without-spilling meditation.

OK, what would be your second-favorite martial art?
    Between capoeira, a Brazilian-style martial art I’ve been doing for years, and boxing, I’m in the best shape of my life. I like the rhythmic, the fluid, the explosive. The human body is an amazing thing. It’s really amazing to see what it’s capable of doing. I use martial arts techniques—stretching, breathing, and relaxation exercises—in my acting.

You’ve got a reputation as one of the more badass guys in the movies today. Do jokers ever make you live up to it by picking fights?
    I’ve had situations where people in the street were acting like they wanted to start something or talk up a little game, and before I had the opportunity to engage them, other people, who are fans, take over. They’re, like, “Wes, don’t even worry about it, I got this.” And they go and handle it. I’m, like, “Wow, I almost feel like a pretty girl!”
    -Mr.Binx

"I think therefore I think I am."

5. Thumbs up

Snipes is somewhat funny.
    Lack of authority in his presence,I like that.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Oleg Taktarov, "15 Minutes" and "Rollerball".

Ludacris studies Kadochnikova Systema.
    Last edited by Stranger; 02-10-2003 at 05:03 AM.
    Monkey vs. Robot

Chad McQueen? I just read that, and I have no idea who that is. If you mean Steve McQueen, you'd be right that he studied with Bruce Lee.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I think Chad is Steve's son.
    FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

Jessica Alba, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Jay Z.

I think Chad is Steve's son.

Correct, he was one of the Kobra-Kai's in "Karate Kid".
    Monkey vs. Robot

You guys aren't going to believe this, but I swear to God that Buddy Ebsen (Uncle Jed from the Beverly Hillbillies) is or was (don't know if he is still alive) a black belt (sash) in Kung Fu. I don't know what style but I have read this in Inside Kung Fu on more than one occasion. Bokine Woodbine studies under Shi Yan Ming. RZA from Wu Tang, Kadeem Hardison, and Rosie Perez have also studied with him.
    "We'll show him.....Chinese Boxing!"

Yaphet Kotto owns all you bastages...
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

joe rogan-comedian, host of Fear Factor, electrician on News Radio
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

Originally posted by Stranger

Correct, he was one of the Kobra-Kai's in "Karate Kid".
    yup. he was "Dutch"

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by eulerfan
    joe rogan-comedian, host of Fear Factor, electrician on News Radio
    I can't believe I forgot about him

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter