Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrities studying martial arts?

We missed Brenda

In future, KTS, you can use the "search this thread" function to find if someone has been mentioned. We did run a story on Wendy Wu when it was first released. See Shin Koyomada: LAST SAMURAI to Last Monk in WENDY WU by Craig Reid.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Marginal...

I only know who is dad was. After all, Barney rocked in the IMF.
    Monday, 26 October 2009
    Phil Morris Speaks With Louis Velazquez on The UCW Radio Show
    /UCWE/ - The UCW Radio Host Louis Velazquez had the opportunity and honor to have the great actor Phil Morris on the show.

Phil Morris is what most people should aspire to be in life, he has tirelessly worked towards perfecting his craft all the while seizes as many opportunities as he could along the way. He has stared in countless films and television series' and he is still going strong by following the same path that has brought him success, which is hard word, a respect for not only the entertainment business and the art of performing but also for himself by aligning himself with projects with meaning, and its not all about the money with Phil Morris, its about being a part of something greater than himself.

He is a man of high integrity and being a Hollywood mainstay has not jaded himself in the least. Although he was around many major television and film stars growing up due to his father, Greg Morris, and his role on Mission Impossible, the original series.

Ironically Phil had the unique opportunity to revive that role in Mission Impossible in 1988. He has accomplished so many things during his career its staggering.

He has studied Martial Arts for well over 25 years and continues to do so to this day, being a high ranking practitioner in the art of Wing Chun. He is truly a great person, not only for his accomplishments but for his view of the world and his actions, which speak so much louder than his words.

"I thought I was funny, I've done alot of dramatic stuff, I've been the straight man in a lot of comedies I had never been the funny, even though I thought I was a funny guy in real life, my friend thought I was funny, I took my acting so seriously that I was looking for that signifigance and I was missing the funny. When I had to read for Jackie Chiles (Seinfeld) I had to kind of give it all away , it wasn't even about what funny is but more of who this guy is. When I committed to that guy then I found the funny. It was very interesting , on a hot Saturday afternoon I went over with five other African American actors, all in our suits, we went over to CBS Radford in the Valley , auditioned for Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld, and I was the lucky guy who got the part," said Phil Morris during the interview.

Phil Morris on his connection with Wing Chun, "I was driving down the street on day in 1987 and I'll never forget it, there was a little rain in the air, on Venice Blvd and I was going home and I saw a sign to my right that said Wing Chun Kung Fu. I went whaaaatttt and I almost crashed the car, I never saw a Wing Chun School, I really didn't even know what Wing Chun was about other than this was a style that Bruce Lee studied and I had a book by Jame Yim Lee, a Green book, I saw the movements but didn't know what it was all about, I've never seen anyone do it. I pulled into the parking lot, I had to know what this was about, I had a burning inside of me, I rang the bell and an Asian cat came down. He looks at me and I look at him, he asked I can help you, I said that I really want to study Wing Chun, he looks at me and says, what are you 6'1''? I said yes, he said I am 5'6'', and how would he stop me, I was confused so my answer was I don't know, this is our first interaction, he looks at me and said well if it were me I would shoot you of course, and that is how my Wing Chun life began." said Phil Morris about Wing Chun.

The hear the entire interview go to www.ucwmagazine.com/philmorris.html
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Megan Fox

What does she study exactly?
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009
    Megan Fox: Martial Arts Hottie

Getting in some physical activity to kick off her week, Megan Fox was spotted on her way to a martial arts class yesterday (November 9).

Joined by boyfriend Brian Austin Green, the “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” star did her best to shield her face from shutterbugs as she strolled through West Hollywood.

As for her butt-kicking scenes in “Jennifer’s Body,” Megan confessed that she loved attacking her costar Johnny Simmons.

She explained, “It was fun, my scenes with him (Johnny) were fun, the other ones I didn’t enjoy as much, but I actually got to sort of beat him up a little. There were like the moments when I would grab him and throw him into the water, and he was so hurt and weak so we sort of had a wrestling match - that was fun.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ashley Greene

Finally Hollywood starlets are catching up to Bollywood. Finally!
    New Moon's Ashley Greene: I'm doing mixed martial arts training
    November 12, 5:36 PMNY

New Moon hottie Ashley Greene says she did mixed martial arts (MMA) training to prep for the intense fight sequences in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, the final two installments in the Twilight saga.

Like her co-stars Taylor Lautner, Robert Pattinson and Kellan Lutz, the gorgeous Greene worked out and trained like an athlete for her role as vampire Alice Cullen.

"I worked my butt off because I absolutely love Alice," Ashley, 22, says in the Dec. issue of Maxim. "She’s sweet, sexy, and a killer!"

Eclipse ramped up the action sequences. "I get to fight in Eclipse," says Greene. "My trainer is teaching me MMA right now. So. Cool."

She adds: "But I feel if I was in a real fight, I’d get my a-- kicked. We’re just now moving up to more advanced stuff, toward being able to actually kick somebody’s a--.”

Greene, who recently made headlines after racy nude photos of her surfaced online, says her dream role is to be a James Bond girl. “I want to hit up James Bond," she says. "That would be awesome.”

For now, Ashley and her young co-stars will be busy until at least 2010, filming and promoting all the Twilight sequels (Eclipse wrapped shooting Oct. 30, and Breaking Dawn is next on tap).

New Moon comes out Nov. 20.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

speaking of twilight

isnt that lautner kid a martial artist??? a friend of mines said he use to see him compete on the sports karate circuits.

More on Lautner

Click the link for a vid clip.
    Taylor Lautner on The Jay Leno Show (VIDEO) with Exclusive New Moon Clip
    November 17, 2009 02:16 PM EST (Updated: November 17, 2009 02:23 PM EST)

Taylor Lautner appeared on the Jay Leno Show last night to help promote this Friday's release of New Moon. Taylor and Leno talked about a range of different topics including Lautner's experience with extreme martial arts as a kid. At age 11 he became the 4-time world champion in extreme martial arts. His parents moved the family to Los Angeles from Grand Rapids, Michigan so that Lautner could pursue them.

Leno of course wanted to embarrass Lautner a bit and did so when he showed the brief stint that the young actor had on the Mickey Mouse Club show a few years ago. He made up for the embarrassment though when he let Lautner play catch with Jerry Rice. However, the best part of the interview was the exclusive clip from New Moon. Enjoy!
    From the clips I've seen, I think New Moon should be retitled New Moob. It's all about hunky guys going shirtless - lots of six-packs and moobs for teeny bopper girls.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

3 martial artists in New Moon

Lautner, Greene and Wood. I'd evoke Kung Fu Vampire, but they're horrorcore, and that would spiral into a totally different discussion.

Ashley Greene Gets Mean for Martial Arts
    November 25th, 2009 5:55 pm / Author: Oliver Coleman

Last night, OK! caught up with Twilight star Ashley Greene at NYC hot spot Avenue at the party to celebrate her upcoming Maxim cover. And while she may look like sweet and petite, Ashley is one mean fighting machine!

“I think part of it is that it’s really empowering maybe and part of it is because it’s fun,” the New Moon star explained about her passion for mixed martial arts. “It’s incredible to see what your body can do and what you’re capable of and not needing a weapon to defend yourself is a really great thing.”

Now that Ashley is a global superstar, she feels the ability to defend herself is very important.

“Absolutely. One, it puts my dad at ease gives him a little piece of mind,” she said. “I started doing martial arts when I was really young and I ended up sparring boys instead of girls because I was that into it and I didn’t want to beat up the girls. It’s a fun thing and I’ve always been really athletic.”
    Ashley Greene: 'Filming Twilight Eclipse Renewed My Martial Arts Passion'
    She speaks about fighting boys...
    Friday 27th Nov 2009

Ashley Greene has revealed how filming The Twilight Saga: Eclipse has renewed her interest in martial arts.

The 22-year-old actress, who plays vampire Alice Cullen, is involved in a series of fight scenes in the movie, which is due out next summer.

In an interview with OK!, Greene said she was first introduced to martial arts as a child and believed it was a good form of self-defence.

"I started doing martial arts when I was really young and I ended up sparring with boys instead of girls because I was that into it and I didn't want to beat up the girls," she said.

“It's a fun thing and I've always been really athletic."

Greene added: “I'm definitely going to get more involved in it. When we were filming Eclipse we had fight training for about six weeks, so that kind of re-sparked that bug.

“I had a personal trainer on top of that and they had us do mixed martial arts fighting as well."

Greene can currently be seen in the second installment of the vampire saga, New Moon.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Michael Jackson's kids

Interesting...
    Jackson's kids find comfort, courage in martial arts

December 04, 2009, (Splash News) - Michael Jackson's children are thriving with the aid of martial arts instruction that aims to boost the self-esteem of youngsters and teach them leadership skills.

Blanket Jackson was seen prancing around with the rumored love child of Jackson, Omer Bhatti (pictured). The 25-year-old has been a constant companion to the three since they lost their father in June.

Prince Michael, Blanket and Paris all attend a martial arts academy in Encino, California, where they live with their grandmother, Jackson matriarch Katherine.

La Toya Jackson, recently spoke of how the three are dealing with their grief - each of them in his or her own way. La Toya said Prince Michael I is having the greatest challenge. She said: "Prince just doesn't want to speak about it. I do worry about him very much."

Of Blanket, she said: "He is just a very sad, shy little boy. He cries - he really does cry. It's so painful for him. No one can bring his daddy back and it hurts too much."

Paris, meanwhile, was doing better and had plastered her walls with posters of her father. "She thinks and talks about her father all the time," La Toya said.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Anya Monzikova

Hot Russian wushu actress. Oh yea.
    Anya Monzikova: Iron Man 2 Actress
    By Sarah Luoma

Anya Monzikova has been cast in Iron Man 2 being directed by Jon Favreau. Due out on the 7th of May in 2010, Anya will play Rebekah in the movie that centers around inventor Tony Stark and his determination to avoid sharing his inventions and brilliant knowledge with the Government!

As a biography Anya Monzikova, Iron Man 2 actress, was born in the year 1984. Her exact date of birth is unknown. Anya Monzikova is a native of Vologda, Russia. A WUSHU Martial Artist and actress, Anya first began her acting career dating back to when she was cast in the movie Gigi in 2005.

Since then Anya Monzikova has appeared in Deal or No Deal, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Jimmy Kimmel Love as a model. In 2007, Anya took on a guest role in the TV series Medium before appearing in Cane and CSI: Miami. Monzikova has also been seen in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

During 2008, Anya found other work on the set of the movie Tropic Thunder in an unaccredited role before going on to appear in ‘Life’ in the role of Lex. In the same year Monzikova would go on to secure roles in Playing With Five as Marie and grab two episode guest role in the TV series Knight Rider.

Most recently the blonde Russian Iron Man 2 actress has starred in the Bruce Willis movie Surrogates as well as her already above mentioned upcoming role as Rebekah.

oooh, that's a big pic. Y'all don't mind, do you?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

**** gene, you couldnt of found a smaller pic?

everyone's a critic

Now you're going to say this one is too small, aren't you Doug.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

george costanza is a kyokushin karayeka lol

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ****** gene!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    need bigger gene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

**** Gene, you can see the emerging pubes on that russian pic you posted !!!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !