Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrities studying martial arts?

Adena Friedman

The President & CEO of Nasdaq does Taekwondo.

Nasdaq CEO Adena Friedman on how martial arts can help with your role at work
    Alexandra Gibbs | Elizabeth Schulze 4:36 AM ET Tue, 5 Dec 2017

John Lamparski | Getty Images Entertainment | Getty Images
    Adena Friedman, president and chief executive officer of Nasdaq Inc

She may be the first female chief executive of a major U.S. stock exchange operator, but it's not the only arena that Adena Friedman has managed to champion.

While many recognize Friedman for her work as president and CEO of Nasdaq, outside of the business world, the leading Wall Street figure takes on the world of Taekwondo, a Korean martial art that she's secured a black belt in.

Having watched her children take on the sport from an early age, the stock exchange CEO decided to get involved and make it a family activity — rather than just sit on the sidelines.

Yet, continuing the sport today not only helps Friedman stay active outside of work, but has the capability of influencing her role, when on the job.

"I do think that if you look at the lessons you learn from Taekwondo in terms of self-reliance — and we always say 'might for right', so you use your strength to do the right thing, you also use it for defense more than offense – I think there are a lot of lessons that you can apply to business," the Nasdaq CEO and president told CNBC last week at Slush 2017, a start-up event in Helsinki.

Mike Powell | Allsport Concepts | Getty Images
    Tae Kwon Do, two women in mid-air jump kicking each other

Speaking on an episode of CNBC's "Life Hacks Live," Friedman confirmed that she was a black belt in Taekwondo, and saw the benefits of the martial art sport when it comes to leadership.

"Definitely, this issue of self-reliance and learning to do things just because you know it's going to make you stronger and not to just please someone else — I think that that's a huge life lesson for everyone."

According to British Taekwondo, the U.K.'s governing body for the World Taekwondo Federation; there are a number of mental and physical benefits to Taekwondo, including the following:

Enhances self-esteem
    Builds up confidence
    Improves flexibility, agility and reflexes
    Develops discipline
    Reduces stress, while improving concentration
    Improves leadership skills
    Strengthens muscle tone and appearance
    Elevates strength and stamina
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Sara Sampio

KICK ASS BEAUTY Victoria’s Secret model Sara Sampaio shows off her karate moves in a tiny black cut-out leotard for the Love Advent Calendar
    The Portuguese model looks stunning in the latest shoot for the acclaimed magazine
    By Jill Robinson
    6th December 2017, 11:29 am Updated: 7th December 2017, 1:12 pm

SARA Sampaio shows off her karate skills in the latest LOVE magazine advent calendar.

The Portuguese stunner is the latest star to feature in the acclaimed publication’s annual extravaganza, following in the footsteps of Kendall Jenner and Slick Woods.

PHIL POYNTER / LOVE
    Sara Sampaio shows off her karate moves in the latest Love Magazine Advent Calendar

For her shoot, the 26-year-old wore a black cut out bodysuit which featured one long sleeve and metallic ring detailing around the hem.

With her dark hair hanging straight around her shoulders, Sara carried out a series of karate moves, kicking her leg high in front of her – risking a wardrobe malfunction – before chopping a plank of wood in half with her bare arm.

Sara’s shoot follows the theme of this year’s calendar – Stay Strong – which Sara utters at the end of her energetic routine in the video.

The clip closes with a quote from the Victoria’s Secret star which read: “I love the element of surprise… you get to be a little bit of an actress.”

PHIL POYNTER / LOVE
    Sara high kicks as part of her energetic routine

PHIL POYNTER / LOVE
    The Portuguese beauty looks sensational in the video

PHIL POYNTER / LOVE
    The 26-year-old flashes her abs in a cut out black bodysuit

Sara’s day six video follows Kendall Jenner’s Rocky-themed shoot for day four.

The 22-year-old catwalk star, who has been named the world’s highest earning model, stripped to matching sweatpants and a crop top as she took on the role of iconic fighter Rocky Balboa.

Keeping Up With The Kardashians favourite Kendall threw her all into the action-packed shoot which saw her skip on the spot and shadow box in a studio.

Wearing bright white wraps on her hands and her hair scraped back into a ponytail, she sweats it out in a series of routines before leaping into the air as she gave her best left hook.

PHIL POYNTER / LOVE
    At one point Sara chops a plank of wood in half with her bare arm

PHIL POYNTER / LOVE
    The theme of this year’s calendar is ‘Stay Strong’

Later on, the beauty looked beaten as she crashed onto the ring face-first, before rolling over and giggling about her antics to a mate.

Her final shot saw her strike a sultry pose while holding a jump rope and wearing a grey Adidas sweatband on her head.

PHIL POYNTER / LOVE

Sara certainly shows off her strength and flexibility in her video

PHIL POYNTER/LOVE
    Sara Sampio risked a wardrobe malfunction with her high kicks
    Do we need an indie Martial Arts & Victoria's Secret thread?

Lawd I hope so.

Thread: OK Gene, Has KFO gone blue?
    Thread: Celebrities studying martial arts?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Rebel Wilson Competed in an All Styles Martial Arts Tournament

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Stevie Nicks

Getting Kicks With Stevie Nicks – Self-defence Book
    • 1970S, BOOK COVERS, LITERATURE, MUSIC • 21684 VIEWS • COMMENTS OFF ON GETTING KICKS WITH STEVIE NICKS – SELF-DEFENCE BOOK

Stevie Nicks: multi-million selling singer-songwriter, nominated as one of the 100 greatest singers of all time by Rolling Stone magazine, one of the people behind the 10th best-selling album of all time (Rumours – Fleetwood Mac in case you were wondering), thirteen time Grammy award nominee and the kind of woman you really wouldn’t want to get on the wrong side of if these photos are to be believed.

Quite how this book came to be we don’t know but Bob Jones, a noted antipodean martial arts expert, had been involved in providing security for the Beatles, Rolling Stones and Fleetwood Mac so we can see how the connection was made. Jones certainly must know his onions as in 1970 he invented his own martial art called Zen Do Kai and is still practicing it to this day.
    Here Bob and Stevie Nicks team-up to demonstrate some handy self-defence tips for women which usually seem to involve hitting blokes in places where it really hurts. If you are of a squeamish nature then this might make your eyes water just a bit however if you want to see Ms Nicks doing high-kicks in sizeable platform boots then this could be just the post for you. In case you are wondering this is not the first celebrity self-defence book we’ve featured (surely this is a genre worthy of more study) and if you are so inclined check out Honor Blackman’s Book of Self-Defence right here.

HOLY CATS! Why don't I have this book in my collection?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Hannah Quinlivan Learned Martial Arts For 'Skyscraper'

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

PayPal President and CEO Dan Schulman

The CEO of PayPal takes his best career advice from martial arts, and it hasn't let him down yet
    Andy Kiersz 31 Jul 2018 3:12 PM

Dan Schulman
    PayPal President and CEO Dan Schulman has been practicing the Israeli martial art of Krav Maga since he was a teenager.

His experience with it has shaped the way he approaches business and life.

In an interview with The New York Times, Schulman said that Krav Maga taught him how to pick his battles, and that it's important to always stay moving.

PayPal President and CEO Dan Schulman has learned a lot from martial arts.

"I've done martial arts almost all my life, and that's informed not just fighting skills but living skills as well," Schulman told Business Insider on a 2017 episode of our podcast, This is Success. "It's been an important part of how I think about both living in general and work, and it informs my philosophy there."

In a July interview with The New York Times' David Gelles, Schulman spoke more about his wide-ranging career and some of the lessons he's learned from practicing the Israeli martial art of Krav Maga.

Schulman told Gelles that he began learning the martial art while spending time in Israel as a teenager, and that while the notoriously physical practice has left him with plenty of scars, the most important lesson he's learned from Krav Maga is how to pick his battles.

Schulman told Gelles (emphasis ours):
    "... The overrunning philosophy of Krav is that the best way to win a fight is to not get into a fight. It's very Zen in that way. How do you de-escalate situations? We spend a lot of time thinking about that. It's translated into the way that I think about business as well."
    Schulman has applied that mindset to PayPal's dealings with other payments companies, noting that alliances with competitors can sometimes be fruitful for companies and their customers alike.

"When we started partnering with Visa and Mastercard and JPMorgan Chase and Citi, nobody ever thought that PayPal would be allies with those companies,"Schulman told Gelles. "That would always be an uneasy friend relationship. But my view is, 'How do you give customers the choice they want, and how do you avoid fights that you don't necessarily need to be in?'"

He told Business Insider previously: "We often say in fighting, like, conserve your resources, every punch has to have a home so don't just flail away, make sure you have a game plan. It's the same in business. But there's a lot of similarity between what we're taught in martial arts and krav maga and what we practice in business and what we practice in our lives as well."

Schulman also draws on his experiences with Krav Maga in charting out his own career path and being open to taking on new opportunities.

In response to a question from Gelles about his decision to leave AT&T for a stint at Priceline, Schulman said, "I was president of the consumer division at age 39 or so. But my view was not so much that leaving was a risk. I actually thought it's more risky to stand still. There's a philosophy in martial arts which is, 'Never stand still.' Standing still is asking to be hit. You always have to be willing to take some risks going forward. You can't stand still."

He told Business Insider previously that the same philosophy applies to his business decisions."If you're engaged in a competitive battlefield like we all are in business to some extent, even if things are going well, you can't stand still because that's just asking to be hit," he said. "You constantly need to be innovating, you constantly need to be thinking one or two steps ahead. You need to trust your intuition, not overthink things as well, and so there's a lot of just Zen that comes with martial arts."
    Remember when we had the CEO of AOL Jonathan Miller on our cover? That was March+April 2006.

Remember AOL?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

John Cena

John Cena heralds his '6th move of doom' dropping in Shanghai next month
    The city will sink another centimetre...
    By Kenny Ong
    Posted: Tuesday August 7 2018 3:35PM

Image: HBO Films

When it was announced late last month that WWE Live would return to Shanghai on September 1, we could not see the professional wrestler, actor, philanthropist, television host and rapper John Cena among the lineup of vascular talents set to appear. But now, things have escalated quickly. Not only is he confirmed for the show, he has also announced plans to debut his '6th move of doom' at the show.

via gfycat

Image: via Twitter (VPN required)

Cena, a marquee talent of the WWE franchise since the early 2000s, is known for five spectacular 'moves of doom' – the diving shoulder block, the sitout hip toss, the side-release spinout powerbomb, the Five Knuckle Shuffle and the Attitude Adjustment – all done to lead up to his 'victories'.

via gfycat

via gfycat

In a video interview released by WWE, Cena reveals more about this '6th move of doom' which he has been fine-tuning while training in Tianjin with Jackie Chan's stunt team. Yes, John Cena is training with Jackie Chan's stunt team. If anything, that says all you need to know about WWE.

VPN required.

This '6th move of doom', according to Cena, is based on bajiquan, a Chinese martial art from Hebei province. He goes on to say, 'I couldn’t think of a better way to show my appreciation for China, Chinese people and Chinese culture than to debut what I think is a finishing move that will provide me much victory in Shanghai on Sept 1.'

Some might call that pandering, while others might call it being a 'cultural ambassador'. Yes, WWE wrestling, this confluence of athleticism, mythology, spectacle, politics and dramatic acting, is objectively a cultural exchange of sorts... for better or worse. You could also say John Cena's '6th move of doom' is a textbook case of Shanghai's iconic haipai, or 'east meets west' aesthetics. So this city is really the perfect place for the move's debut.
    3 threads that I never thought would be relevant together for mutual posting:
    Celebrities studying martial arts?
    Mma & wwe
    Bajiquan
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Kendall Jenner

Well, kicking a beer bottle off someone's head isn't really studying martial arts, but the Mirror seems to think so.

That's how she gets her kicks! Kendall Jenner impresses everyone with secret kung-fu skills
    The brunette beauty, 22, left people slack-jawed on Saturday when she shared a clip of herself performing a special high-kick...
    ByMirror.Co.Uk
    15:09, 25 AUG 2018 UPDATED15:43, 25 AUG 2018

She is, according to some, a woman of many talents.

But Kendall Jenner genuinely surprised fans with her latest skill set - the ability to perform kunk-fu maneouvres.

The brunette beauty, 22, left people slack-jawed on Saturday when she shared a clip of herself performing a special high-kick.

Specifically, she managed to kick a beer bottle from atop a friend's head.

The Bruce Lee-inspired incident took place on a beach in Los Angeles, California.

And, judging by her friends' reactions, nobody expected her to pull it off.

Kick it! The reality TV star shows off her skills (Image: xxxxxx/Instagram)

Wearing a pair of white skinny jeans with a matching sports top, the reality TV star is seen psyching herself up for the move.

Then, seconds later, she performs a serious high-kick and managed to hit her target without causing her handsome pal injury.

Delighted, her friends pile-on in celebration of the fun achievement.

Larking around with sister Kylie (R) (Image: Instagram)

The video quickly racked-up more than a million views and plenty of comments from fans, who praised her flexibility.

One said: "OMG, is there anything you can't do?", while another chimed-in: "You got serious skills, girl"

A third added: "Love how she didn't expect to win at this game".

Perhaps she can add a whole new element to her career...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ruby Rose

Ruby Rose flaunts her martial arts skills on Instagram as she gets ready to play lesbian Batwoman in new CW series
    By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 01:50 EDT, 16 September 2018 | UPDATED: 01:50 EDT, 16 September 2018

She is set to play a lesbian Batwoman in the new CW television series.

And on Saturday Aussie star Ruby Rose gave a sneak-peak at her martial arts training, which is likely part of her preparations for the iconic role.

The model-turned-actress looked to be in serious Zen mode as she followed her instructor's every move and instruction.

It's on! Ruby Rose shows off her martial arts training in an Instagram story, which is likely for her upcoming role as a lesbian Batwoman in the new CW series

The Orange is the New Black alum is dressed in full martial arts garb that included a robe, matching pants and a black cloth tied around her lean waist.

Initially the instructor had her working on her arm and wrist strength by slowly lifting a piece of concrete with a stick and rope.

The instructor then went into a number of held positions which Ruby captioned: 'This part I can do.'

Eventually the training turned to a some amazing and relaxed maneuver that involved breaking a piece of metal in half by slamming it into his arms.

With this the actress wrote: 'This part I can not do... yet.'

The instructor had her working on her arm and wrist strength by slowly lifting a piece of concrete with a stick and rope

Zen mode: The Aussie actress followed her instructor's every move

Discipline: The pair worked on some relaxed positions and moves, which Ruby was able to do

Taking a step back: The instructor then brought out a piece of metal as the actress watched intensely

Focus: The instructor broke the metal in half over his arm, something Ruby promises to accomplish -- eventually

The casting of Ruby as Batwoman is historic, as it will make her the first openly gay lead in a live-action superhero series.

'The Bat is out of the bag and I am beyond thrilled and honored,' the 32-year old wrote on Instagram in August.

'I'm also an emotional wreck.. because this is a childhood dream.'

'This is something I would have died to have seen on TV when I was a young member of the LGBT community who never felt represented on TV and felt alone and different.'

Ruby began her career as a model, DJ, and television presenter on MTV Australia. She eventually turned to acting more exclusively in 2008 and rose to prominence in the U.S. with her role in seasons three and four of the Netflix series Orange Is the New Black beginning in 2015.

She went on to star in large action films like Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2016), xXx: Return of Xander Cage (2017) and John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017).

Making her mark: Ruby began her career as a model and rose to prominence in the U.S. with her role in Orange is the New Black in 2015

Action ready: Ruby Rose has already starred in several action films; she is pictured promoting the film The Meg in August 2018 in Miami, Florida
    Ruby looks hot in that Shaolin robe...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gary Busey

But does he still practice?

Gary Busey Talks Martial Arts, Meeting Willie Nelson, Advice to Actors
    Rolling Stone December 3, 2018

Gary Busey – actor, musician, author, professional wild card – joined Rolling Stone for our video interview series “The First Time,” chatting about his love of Buddy Holly, the power of martial arts, meeting his idols, playing music with Willie Nelson and inventing his now-trademark “Buseyisms.”

The 74-year-old opened with his first experience hearing Holly (whom he portrayed in 1978’s The Buddy Holly Story, earning a Best Actor Oscar nomination). “The first time I listened to [him] on record on the radio, I was in the eighth grade at Bell Junior High School in Tulsa, Oklahoma,” he says. “There’s something about that music that’s like cooking a pancake on four sides. And it’s just a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful baptism into the future of art.”

He recalls meeting Nelson at an Austin, Texas concert, shortly after finishing work on The Buddy Holly Story. “Willie saw me and walked over to me and said, ‘Would you like to play one?'” he says. “I said, ‘Sure. What do you wanna play?’ ‘You pick it.'” They ended up playing Holly’s “Rave On,” cementing their friendship and “brotherhood.”

Busey says he learned martial arts while filming the 1987 action-comedy Lethal Weapon, opposite Mel Gibson and Danny Glover. “Martial arts is the most magnificent survival game you can play,” he observes. “You don’t take the shots coming at you – you let them go and give them a shot back they cannot see coming.”

The actor also reminisces about meeting two of his idols, Burt Lancaster and Steve McQueen – the latter of whom extended some wisdom in a unique way. “He came over to me and said, ‘I saw you in that football movie – you’ve got the goods, buddy,” Busey says. “You’re gonna be great. You’re gonna be excellent.’ I didn’t know who it was – big beard, lotta hair. He said, ‘I’m gonna give you a massage,’ and he gave me a massage. He said, ‘Right now, I’m passing my torch of art to you. You have my torch of art now. You do well with it, and I know you will.’ He went to Mexico and died a month later from cancer.”

Busey also details the origin story of one “Buseyism” that highlights his recent book of self-crafted acronyms. While healing from a traumatic brain injury at Cedar Sanai in Los Angeles following a 1988 motorcycle accident, he decided to harness his dormant energy and get into character – treating his recovery like method acting for a doctor role. He followed physicians around during their rounds while wearing a white coat and holding a clip board filled with illegible scribbles.

“I would go to the drawers of the people in the hospital room and open the drawer, and the socks and the underwear were everywhere – just a mess,” he says. After organizing the items, he would marvel, “‘Wow, that’s neat.'” “And ‘NEAT’ stands for ‘Nice, Exciting and Tight,'” he says. “That’s what the drawer looked like to me.”

Busey ends the segment with his own blunt advice to hopeful actors. “You can’t teach acting; you can’t study it, learn it,” he says. “You either have it or you don’t. And when you have it, you’re speaking the truth of your heart without thinking. Whenever you do an art, don’t think. You get in your own way.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Disha Patani

You have to follow the link to her instagram to see her moves.

Ahead of Bharat's release, Disha Patani shows off her power-packed Kung fu moves
    Updated Jan 09, 2019 | 18:00 IST | Khush Khandelwal

Disha Patani has been preparing for her next film Bharat and the latest video she posted has a twist caught our attention, and will surely mesmerize you too. Check it out.

Disha Patani Disha Patani shows off her Kung fu moves with a twist | Photo Credit: Instagram

Baaghi 2 actress Disha Patani is undoubtedly one of the hottest actresses in the film industry. Be it her impeccable taste in fashion, or her dance moves, Disha manages to make everyone skip a heartbeat with every public appearance she makes. The actress who started her career with the 2015 Telugu film Loafer, garnered a large fan following when she starred against Tiger Shroff in her 2018 film.

Not only is her fashion game on point, but Disha is also a dedicated actor. The actress, who has undergone intense training sessions for her upcoming next Bharat, is seen polishing her kicks in the latest video. Disha shared, she is seen practicing her Kung Fu moves with an added touch of visual effects by using various LIKE app stickers to participate in the #MagicKungFu challenge. Take a look.

dishapatani
    Verified

Click video for sound

dishapatani
    Adding a touch of magic to my Kung Fu practice @like_app_official #MagicKungfu #touchmagic
    Disha time and again treats her fans with the insights of her training sessions, which proves that she has left no stone unturned to keep herself fit and active. While you are at it, also take a look at some the posts that Disha shared on Instagram.
    Directed by Ali Abbas Zafar, Bharat also stars Katrina Kaif, Tabu, and Sunil Grover. Nora Fatehi features in the Salman Khan- starrer and Varun Dhawan will also make a special appearance in the movie. The film has been shot in several locations such as Abu Dhabi, Spain, Malta, Punjab, and Delhi. Bharat is slated to release on June 5, this year.
    THREADS
    Bollywood Kung-Fu!!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Halle Berry

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Not sure if this has already been posted, but...

Olivia Munn TKD kicks:

Julian Assange

Julian Assange performs a bizarre Kung Fu work out while locked away in London's Ecuadorean embassy in newly-emerged CCTV
    Assange is seen in videos frantically boxing with an imaginary sparring partner
    47-year-old then paces around a tiny kitchen as he guzzles from a drink carton
    WikiLeaks co-founder also waves both his arms as if he is conducting orchestra
    Assange was dragged unceremoniously out of Ecuador's embassy on April 11
    By VIVEK CHAUDHARY IN ALICANTE FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 07:17 EDT, 19 April 2019 | UPDATED: 08:49 EDT, 19 April 2019

The erratic behaviour of Julian Assange during his self-imposed exile has been dramatically captured in videos and documents obtained by MailOnline.

Assange's seven-year stay in Ecuador's embassy in central London resulted in a bizarre existence, making him an eccentric Robinson Crusoe type figure who resorted to desperate means to keep himself occupied.

The newly-emerged videos show Assange, 47, with fists clenched and his arms pumped as he frantically boxes with an imaginary sparring partner.

Julian Assange has his fists clenched and his arms pumped as he frantically boxes with an imaginary sparring partner at the Ecuadorian embassy in London

He then paces around a tiny kitchen as he guzzles from a drink carton and walks in and out of an adjoining larder.

In another video, the WikiLeaks co-founder vehemently waves both his arms as if he is conducting a symphony orchestra in his spartan kitchen, walks aimlessly into an adjoining larder and then reappears only to turn around and return once again.

Assange's shabby appearance and peculiar conduct is a far cry from the fresh faced, energetic man who defied some of the world´s most powerful nations through his controversial WikiLeaks work.

He first took refuge and claimed asylum in Ecuador´s London embassy in June 2012 to escape Swedish authorities from extraditing him for a case of rape and sexual assault.

He then paces around a tiny kitchen as he guzzles from a drink carton and walks in and out of an adjoining larder

Assange resorted to desperate means to keep himself occupied inside the London embassy

He feared that once in Sweden, America would eventually extradite and prosecute him for a series of high profile Pentagon leaks, which the country claimed threatened its national security.

One document accuses Assange of smearing excrement around the light switch on the wall of the men's toilet

Another video graphically underlines the high price Assange has paid for his solitary defiance.

He slept in a small bedroom, that was once an office and had use of a narrow, austere kitchen.

The images show Assange standing beside a decrepit mini electric stove, preparing to cook something while bouncing up and down on the spot, his trousers falling below his waist, revealing the top of his backside.

Documents obtained by MailOnline also show that Ecuadorian officials vehemently complained about his personal etiquette during his stay in their embassy.

One document accuses Assange of smearing excrement around the light switch on the wall of the men's toilet and the edge of the toilet seat.

A document addressed directly to Assange and dated March 30, 2015 refers to a complaint that he had left bottles filled with urine in the embassy's communal kitchen after the country´s ambassador was alerted by staff

Assange is pictured being arrested and led out of the Ecuadorian Embassy on April 11

Written in Spanish by one of the embassy's security officials and accompanied by photographs, it notes: 'I am reporting that on the night of Friday September 28, when the security guard went to use the men's toilet he was shocked to find stains on the toilet seat and the light switch smeared with excrement.

'It should be indicated that apart from the security guard there were no other visitors and the only person who used the toilet was Mr Asange. The security guard had to clean the dirty area before he could use the toilet.'

Ecuador's President Lenin Moreno and other officials from the South American country have accused Assange of smearing excrement on the walls of the embassy and of maintaining poor hygiene, which they insist contributed to their decision to withdraw his asylum status earlier this month.

When Ecuador announced its decision, Mr Moreno tweeted that it was because Assange 'repeated violations to international conventions and daily-life protocols.'

This letter states in Spanish: 'Dear Ambassador, I am reporting that on the night of Friday 28 September, when the security guard went to use the men's toilet he was shocked to find stains on the toilet seat and the light swtich smeared with excrement. It should be indicated that apart from the security guard there were no other visitors and the only person who used the toilet was Mr Asange. The security guard had to clean the dirty areas before he could use the toilet'

Assange gives a thumbs up as he arrives at Westminster Magistrates' Court on April 11

Another document, addressed directly to Assange and dated March 30, 2015 refers to a complaint that he had left bottles filled with urine in the embassy´s communal kitchen after the country´s ambassador was alerted by staff.

It warns: 'As per his (the ambassador's) instructions I am writing you a letter to state that this constitutes an inappropriate behaviour that has generated a sanitation and hygiene risk for all Embassy Staff, and that it must not be repeated.'

The country´s Interior Minister Maria Paula Romo also claimed that Assange´s mental and physical health had deteriorated during his stay in the embassy and the he also began acting aggressively towards his hosts.

She added that he had been 'allowed to do things like put faeces on the walls of the embassy and other behaviours of that nature.'

Assange's lawyer Jenifer Robinson has accused Ecuador of making up the allegations about his personal behaviour and that he was also spying on the country.

The Ecuadorian Embassy in London is pictured on April 11 after Assange was arrested by police

Assange is pictured making a statement from the Ecuadorian embassy on May 19, 2017

She said: 'I think the first thing to say is Ecuador has been making some pretty outrageous allegations over the past few days to justify what was an unlawful and extraordinary act in allowing British police to come inside an embassy.'

Following Ecuador's withdrawal of asylum status, a disheveled Assange, supporting a fuzzy, unruly beard and unkempt hair, was dragged unceremoniously out of the nation's embassy by eight policemen to a waiting police van as he ranted about Donald Trump and screamed 'the UK has no civility.'

He appeared before Westminster Magistrate's Court where he was found guilty of failing to surrender to the court and now faces a possible 12 month prison sentence.

Assange is also preparing to battle extradition to the United States over an allegation that he had conspired with former army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning to break into a classified government computer.

If he is sent to the US, it will disappoint his celebrity supporters such as Pamela Anderson and Yoko Ono who have visited him and campaigned on his behalf.
    Okay, not really, but I couldn't resist the headline... there's a vid embedded in the site.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Halle Berry

Halle Berry learned three years of martial arts in six months for ‘John Wick 3’
    Instructor said he never met anyone who works or trains harder
    By Shawn Gant -May 5, 2019

Halle Berry attends The 21st CDGA (Photo by Amy Sussman/Getty Images for CDGA)

Halle Berry will co-star alongside Keanu Reeves in the forthcoming film, John Wick 3: Parabellum, and to do so she pulled three years of martial arts training into a six-month window.

The second sequel to the action franchise brings Berry in for the first time and the 52-year-old actress was ready for the job. The training was described by Berry as the hardest work of her acting career.

“You can’t normally get to the level I got to in five months, it normally takes people two or three years and I got all this training under the guise of doing my work,” Berry said to The List.

Throughout her journey, Berry showcased her workout and intense training on Instagram citing joy at the work asked of her by the film’s director Chad Stahelski.

“I can show the world through my eyes but I can also choose what I do and don’t want to talk about,” Berry added.

In her training, Berry was led by Peter Lee Thomas who took her through boxing, kickboxing, and Muay Thai. Those different art forms do not include the efforts of the strength and conditioning required to perform. Berry’s workouts included dumbbells, kettlebells, pulls, sprints and more. Thomas details Berry’s effort as one of a kind, stating he “never met anybody that works harder and trains harder.”

The details of Berry’s work ethic are astounding. Speaking with The Inquisitr, Berry revealed that she broke three ribs while working on the film and feared replacement by the director if she took too much time to heal.

In the new film, Berry will play Sofia, an assassin and friend of Reeves’ Wick character.

The high-paced action of John Wick 3: Parabellum arrives in theaters on May 15 and will also have Laurence Fishburne, Lance Reddick, Ian McShane and more in the film.
    I wonder which ribs she broke.

THREADS
    John Wick 3
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips