Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrities studying martial arts?

I'd beat the snot out of Osmond.

twice.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ... I was going to post this on my thong fu thread, but it got eaten by the forum move. Maybe I'll have to repost that.
    "The duchess, whose family has a £300m fortune, is not only a kickboxer, but is also learning the Filipino double- stick art of Kali, which uses two rattan canes to subdue an aggressor."

Hey -- I'm bored and moved out of Seattle because of the rain.

I have 5+ years of baguazhang that's impossible to find outside China except from my teacher Zhang Jie. He said I could teach a few people if I wanted to.

Any rich duchesses want to part with some of their millions of pounds for personal training? I'm looking for something to do during the recession besides posting on KF forums.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Do you know anything about him other than being a pop singer? I don't.

While you're laughing away he just might slap the taste out of your mouth!

Like I said, I'm **TRYING** to keep a straight face. Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, or at least be polite. He'll probably be having the same struggle, once he gets a look at **ME**!

I think I'd rather fight Sarah Michelle Gellar. That might be fun, and I'll bet I could make a tidy profit selling tix.
    Last edited by Taryn P.; 04-22-2009 at 05:43 PM.

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

I'd pay to see that, as long as both of you were in mud

I think it's a safe bet that most people who know me would pay good money to see that. If there is leather, spandex or baby oil involved, the ticket price goes up exponentially and will sell out even faster. And I'm definitely negotiating for a percentage of the profits from the beer concession.

We'll probably have to wait till after she has the baby to schedule the match, though. That will give her time to do some weight training and get a little muscle on her skinny Hollywood frame, otherwise it wouldn't even be remotely sporting.
    Last edited by Taryn P.; 04-23-2009 at 08:23 AM.

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

Quote Originally Posted by Taryn P. View Post
    I think it's a safe bet that most people who know me would pay good money to see that. If there is leather, spandex or baby oil involved, the ticket price goes up exponentially and will sell out even faster.

Yeah, well on the internet where many of us don't show our pictures we can all be smokin' hot.

Quote Originally Posted by boulderdawg View Post
    yeah, well on the internet where many of us don't show our pictures we can all be smokin' hot.
    lmfao.....
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Yeah, well on the internet where many of us don't show our pictures we can all be smokin' hot.
    Yes. And *off* the internet, only a fortunate few of us can be.

Attractive women actually aren't all that hard to come by. Just gotta know where to look!

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianK View Post
    Attractive women actually aren't all that hard to come by. Just gotta know where to look!
    In the mirror.

(Hey, I can keep this going forever if people keep lobbing me these easy setups.....)

Then would you be so kind as to model for us Ms. Taryn

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianK View Post
    Ah the internet.......where everybody doesn't know your name, what you look like....how much you weigh........

I'd say the chances of actually seeing a picture is probably slim to none.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    my teacher was at shi yan mings in the mid to late 90's and wesley snipes and rosie perez were "celebs" who would train there when he was there.

wesley was all business my sifu said.
    Wesley originally trained with Benny the Jett.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Danny gave up martial art for crack. LOL! I used to hang out with him years ago, he was enthusiastic but had little to no skill. I originally met him at an audition for The Octagon (Chuck Norris) I got a part on the project but he was still type cast from the Partridge Fam-thingy. We used to get together and smoke out then go catch a Bruce Lee flick on Hollywood Blvd then suck back some beers after at the Frolic Room. I saw him recently while I was out with some clients. He's old, drunk and hunting young Hollywood trim....

Celebs:
    Paula Abdul used to study with Billy Blanks.
    Robert Downey is with Eric Orem (Wing Chun)

I teach several people you all have seen on TV and in Media but I never FU and tell
    Belay that: I'll spill one, remember Tattoo from Fantasy Island? Hervé Villechaize was a long time student and friend until he took his own life back 92-93. He was a really cool guy and nasty with a knife.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    A long time ago, I remember Danny Bonaduce was into karate; don't know if he was a black belt or not. This was late '70s, early '80s, way before his celebrity boxing days. I remember reading back then that he was trying to produce a karate movie called Belts.

Eric Estrada was also a karate practitioner.

Though not an American celebrity, I heard that HK actor Anthony Wong, known for his excellent, non-MA dramatic roles, is a practitioner of Tai Shing Pek Kwar.

It's well-known that Tony Danza was once a professional boxer.

Erin Gray (Grey?) is a taiji practitioner.

Jonathan Ke Quan (sp?) from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and The Goonies trained TKD under Tan Tao-Liang, himself a former TKD champ and KF film star.
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 04-26-2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: An Addendum
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

-------------------------
    Well, since you ask so nicely, I'll have to think that over.
    -----------------

Ah the internet.......where everybody doesn't know your name, what you look like....how much you weigh........
    Oh, come on.... this is a martial arts forum, and sumo wrestling is not among my disciplines. I'm currently taking thirteen (soon to be fifteen) classes per fourteen-day period. Even if I were on the All-Twinkies-All-The-Time Diet, how bad do you really think it could be?