Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you people do all day

TheBigToad Guest
    Well, for the record BK. Frantzis is not my teacher, I know some students of his and a certified Qigong student of his lives very close to me and her and I spend time together and I have meet BK. Frantzis once, thats it. These was a bit there that I was being falsely portrayed here and it was written that I had racist views and what not, but a lot of posts sometime ago written under my name wasn't really me.

As for Maoshan and BlackTaoist they seem to have the want to back up what they claim and while you can't tell a lot from pictures they seem to really study and work hard in their Bagua ability.

My Baguazhang teacher is now Shifu Dr. John Painter and I am grateful for his advice and instruction to me.

The circle will always be, but you alone decides when it starts and where it ends.

razakdigital Guest

Brucelee2 and metillica - what are you up too?

As some of the people on this post are aware of I haven’t posted on any forums for a while. I wanted to dedicate my time and energy to other endeavors as well as practice. Now in my past residence on this board, I’ve met many practitioners face to face, over the phone and via email. These individuals are cool with my crew and me and we all show love to each other as Pa Kua Chang brothers. I wanted to start the letter of with this intro to make a statement what I’m about to say is directed to brucelee2 and Metallica. These words are from my mouth and mine alone. I will pull no punches on this post because what I’ve seen on this post is atrocious and has to be answered with expediency.

Brucelee2

“Didn't the blacktaoist (and maoshan?) make claims awhile ago to be recognized by a bunch of masters, including william cc chen,

Well first of all Mr. Brucelee2 they were not claims. All you or anybody has to do is to do your OWN investigation and ask Mr. Chen about Novell G. Bell. Is that so hard? Go down to the school and see for yourself. In fact on Sunday, April 29, 2001 I was at Chen school to get some corrections on my form with the blacktaoist. Grandmaster BP Chan was there plus other students. The respect he received at the school was by leaps and bounds from any so-called “claims”.

“and didn't chen's daughter than come onto the forum and say that chen didn't recognize the blacktaoist (and maoshan?)”

If you remember the post correctly, Mr. Chen’s daughter had an issue with CK Chu name being mention on the same line and topic as her father. There was no issue between blacktaoist and his daughter. At the tournaments I’ve been in, I’ve never seen Chen’s daughter so any ill will towards the blacktaoist.

“Also, I find it interesting that Kevin is on Maoshan's 'list' when I seem to recall awhile ago the blackdaoist (and maoshan?) saying that they thought that Kevin's two teachers (BK frantzis and john painter) don't have skillz.”

If this sentence is true about their issues with BK Frantzis and John Painter so what? Blacktaoist didn’t write the list it was Maoshan, so why are you mentioning the black taoist name? Second – so what if Kevin is on Maoshan’s list? If he is cool with Kevin so what is wrong with that? If I don’t like my friends father does that mean I shouldn’t like my friend?

“Also Maoshan, didn't you recently 'swear' that you were going to visit the school of one of the posters on this board in the immediate future and beat him up? Did you? If not, why should anyone here take your word for anything?”

Yes, Maoshan did state he would visit a school in the future. And your point is? How did you know that he won’t visit tomorrow or in the summer or next year? How do you if something is planned? Why even bring it up? Both schools have not discuss this topic and it should be left like it was for months now…alone…what does a statement that Maoshan make have anything to do with having to take his word for anything? My man, there is a saying that the “Streets are watching and bad boys move in silence”. This is not a Shaw brother’s martial arts flick.

Metallica

“I called up Chen Xiao Ping the other day and asked him as to whereabouts is his school. To my big surprise, he said that he does not teach and most of all, does not have any student!!!”

First of all I doubt you were able to get Mr. Ping’s number. He is not listed. Second even if you did get his number that must mean he does not want to be bother with you. Don’t you think?

“I politely asked him whether it was possible to meet up with him and he told me he usually hangs out in a park in Queens.”

You are correct

“Hence my confusion: both Maoshan and Blacktaoist claimed that Chen Xiao Ping is their teacher and Chen Xiao Ping claims that he does not teach and does not have students. Maybe both gentlemen above are Chen's "secret disciples", or Chen was lying, or worse of all, the two gentlemen were making false claims.
    Conclusion...... you decide! “

I will show you how so wrong you are my friend…. First of all Mr. Ping has had two Yin Style seminars that everyone on KFO was aware of. In both seminars, Novell was his assistant because he is HIS student. Second we have advertised that we are going to Beijing to learn under Mr. Ping brother Zhang…everyone and anyone was invited based on the availability of the seats. Does that sound like theblacktaoist is lying? Oh by the way please follow this link - http://pages.zdnet.com/niwah64/Ba-GuaZhang/id3.html Everyone was fully aware of both of the Black Taoist fight with a Beijing San Shou champion and Chen Xiao was there at his side. If you go to http://www.blacktaoist.com/graphics/...ners/index.htm or http://www.blacktaoist.com/Liberate%20yourself.html . Note Mr. Ping pictures with the Black Taoist? Isn’t that Mr. Zhang Lei picture on the website who is Mr. Ping brother? Doesn’t Maoshan and the Black Taoist have Zhang Lei’s picture on both of their websites? (Oh by the way Pa Kua enthusiast if you look at Joseph Crandell’s book on Yin Fu you will see where he got his illustrated his pictures from Zhang Lie that is another story for a another post.) Feel free to come down the park and see for yourself.

Mr. Brucelee2 and Metallica what was your purpose in writing these post? You guys know **** well that TBT has not posted in such a long time. What bring his name up? What is your beef? Why question the black taoist? What is the real underlying reason for such hatred? Amazing all you guys do up here is talk about so – called great pa kua teachers that write books and such and the black taoist has never lied about who and what he is. He has never hid himself behind a computer screen. He has clearly told everyone where to find him and how to see him face to face. Does this sound like someone dishonest? What is the reason for this? This is why he doesn’t post anymore because of the foolishness that goes up here.

I had to write this to in support of my family to ensure the real information was posted. It is such a waste of my time to be on this forum posting information on crap like this but I need to bring the truth forward. Now feel free to dispute my information but the proof is there. I’m not going to get into a back to forth debate over these issues. Mr. Metallica if you are interest in learning Cao Branch Yin Fu from Mr. Ping I’m sure you will have to go learn from the Black Taoist. For some reason I think learning from the “Black” Taoist doesn’t appeal to you….

Razak da mind boxer aka beng to the chest

brucelee2 Guest
    Razak,

I do not feel any nor did I demonstrate any hatred for Maoshan or the Black Taoist. (I've never met them- why would I hate them or care much about them?) I asked some fair and honest questions- that's all- there's nothing wrong with that. And Maoshan and Black Taoist should speak for themselves- my post did not mention you nor was it addressed to you. Finally, I find it interesting that you find my post 'full of hate' but when your buddy Maoshan says that nobody but his 'list' has anything worthwhile to say- you have no problem with that. Was that 'list' an act of love? As far as visiting the BlackTaoist and Maoshan goes, I'd like to, but I live in Vancouver now and I don't think its gonna happen in the immediate future. I don't know you guys, but I do feel a real lack of humility coming from their posts, and its offputting. The first credential of mastery is humility. PERIOD

Mr. Nemo Guest
    The only Yang style fast form I've ever heard of was created by a guy who used to teach here in LA (I can't remember his name - tell the truth, I'm not really that familiar with the whole Yang tai chi community).

I have heard of a yang family longfist that Yang Cheng-fu only taught to certain people, and I believe Fu Zhongwen was one of them. Could this be the form "with cannons" that he was seen practicing in Shanghai? I've been told that yang family longfist is heavy on chan ssu jin, and has a strong chen-style flavor.

"Fu Zhongwen did take the mantle eventually, but he never taught, as far as I know, specific fajing training."

Actually, he mentions some fajing training in his book "mastering yang style taijiquan" (but he doesn't describe it).

I'm not nearly as knowledgable about the lineage and such as Kevin Wallbridge or wujidude (whose name I like, by the way). The general impression I get is that combative yang style training tends to be less form-oriented and more single-posture oriented (at my school in san diego, group classes were single posture drills when they weren't tuishou). The way I understand it, eventually these single posture drills are done with fajing.

dingo Guest

ATTN: Kevin Wallbridge

I noticed that in your most recent post in this topic you said that Yang Cheng Fu studied shuai jiao in his youth. Can you give me any more details about this (i.e. source, how long for, who with, what style, etc..)?

count Guest

The first credential of mastery is

Skill, the second is experience. I'd say humility, although not an undesirable personality trait, ranks down around 9th or 10th. Brucelee2, is this your contribution to a thread about what you do all day?

Metallica, sometimes high level teachers just won't teach without a recommendation from a teacher. Do you have a good teacher? Maybe Chen Sifu is not the teacher for you. I have found the adage that when a student is ready, a teacher will present itself to be true. I don't think any of the conclusions you have drawn in your post are even close. I know none of these men are lying or hiding any secrets. In fact, maoshan has shared more truths than almost any of the contributors to this forum. (blacktaoist too!) I think if you are serious about studying from Chen Xiao Ping, you should meet with blacktaoist as he is openly teaching. Possibly, if you seem like you can learn, he will recommend you.

Wujidude, e-mail me.

maoshan, thank you for taking the time and reading my posts. Your input is valuable to me. Your posts are also valuable to me. Keep on posting.

razakdigital Guest

Brucelee2

Like I stated in my previous post I will not get involved in back to back discussions. As far as myself stepping into the discussion...well its like this - theblacktaoist is my teachear and a friend so just like if I'm in the street and someone is trying to attack him I will defend him as such he would do for me. I guess you can blame part of my attitude because he is training me to be a warrior. (remember a soldier is told when to fight and a warrior knows when to fight) Now in regards of myself mentioning Maoshan's name I did so because theblacktaoist name was mention along with him. REMEMBER THEBLACKTAOIST DIDN'T POST ANY LIST IT WAS MAOSHAN. If no one ever mentioned theblacktaoist name I would not have said anything myself. I know full well that Maoshan can handle himself. Anyway most of the cats up on this post can't handle the knowledge Maoshan puts out. Yeah Maoshan put that list out...it wasn't my idea...I've never did that on this forum...is it hate? It's all from your individual prespective...but again if theblacktaoist name was not mention I would have never came into the subject. You have to remember that when you speak on one person you are testing the whole crew. That is another reason why I don't post as much because I represent a group of people. Most of the people on the forum I have good relationships with outside of this forum. I can name a lot of names but there is no need. We are all cool. To be honest we've been told that we are giving out too much information and wasting our energy. I needed to post because I KNOW the facts better then anybody concerning the questions that were asked. Believe me my friend me responding to the post is doing everyone a favor because I'm sure theblacktaoist would much better job then I would to these questions.

Oh by the way did I answer your questions? How about your boy Metillica? Did I answer his questions from the last post?

razakdigital Guest

The first credential of mastery is humility. PERIOD

One other thing as I stated in my previous post...this is not a Shaw Brothers martial arts books...humility is not the question here...you step to us step back ....

"...It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self- defense, I call it intelligence."

Malcolm X

wujidude Guest
    Man, this is getting downright silly. Let it go, OK? No one is benefiting by this. I originally objected to the tone of Maoshan's list, the way in which he put it--not whether or not he thought me "cool" or competent. The guy has a right to his opinion. He either meant the list the way he stated it, as an exclusive list--or else he didn't, and I simply misunderstood him. That's it. I don't know Maoshan or his abilities, and he most definitely doesn't know me. To make sweeping generalizations just shows ignorance, or an immature mind. Let's not let this degenerate into the kind of debacle that the earlier verbal sparring between the eternal Nubian and David Ross of High-Carb Lama Boxing turned into.

Kevin, some weird **** has been written here under your name and other aliases that, if it wasn't you, I'm glad. I'm talking about unsubstantiated reports of blowing through a Wing Chun sifu and his students using xingyi down in Utah . . . and other claims. Elsewhere you're apparently hunting vampires (http://users.twave.net/b13/morons.html).

Metallica, it would be worth continuing to check into training with Chen Xiao Ping. It would not at all be unusual for him to refer you to a senior student for training. He may in fact just be interested in doing seminars. I would enjoy learning the Cao style of Yin Fu baguazhang if I were in NYC more frequently. But if you don't have any luck with Chen Xiao Ping, there are certainly other good bagua teachers in the NYC area. One who hasn't been teaching much bagua but is supposed to be highly skilled in 9 Palaces (Cheng Tinghua) baguazhang is Li Tai Liang.

brucelee2, you've got a great teacher in Yang Guo Tai. I wouldn't be moving from Vancouver any time soon; I'd be putting in as much time as you can, every morning every day, as Master Yang is getting on in years. I don't know that you'd find any better teacher in NYC anyways.

Maoshan, Razak . . . what's the point? You've spoken your truth. Anything from here on is just mouthboxing. You guys are above slander. If we've gotta talk, let's talk about training, technique . . . the art.

Thanks.

wujidude Guest
    By the way, folks, I'm bowing out of the forum for the foreseeable future. I've got a new business opportunity to pursue and some life exigencies to attend to. I'll be on the road this spring and summer. There are some great teachers out there, and maybe I'll get a chance to visit with them. But I'm sort of with Water Dragon--there are more important things than posting--and the gentleman from Manchester (Internal Boxer)--there are talkers and there are walkers. All in all, when the discussion is about specific hard information--where is there a teacher of a particular art, how do you do a specific technique--a forum like kungfuonline's is great. The rest seems to be far too much vapid meandering and trashtalking to be worthwhile.

Good training to all of you.

brucelee2 Guest
    Razak,

Its all good. The only reason I mentioned blacktaoist is because I tend to associate him with maoshan and I can't always remember who said what -that's why I said 'blacktaoist (and maoshan?)'. Anyway, it doesn't matter all that much. I let it go. Next time I'm in New York I'd like to check you guys out (if I'm still welcome).

much love

Count- Is that YOUR contribution to a thread on what people do all day?! -whatever dude

[This message was edited by brucelee2 on 05-01-01 at 12:00 PM.]

count Guest

Wujidude

So Long!

razakdigital Guest

It's over and done

Listen fellas,

We will move on from this topic. I agree we should not be mouthboxing (good one I will use that in the future). brucelee2 its all good also no beef between us, I was just backing up friend so you can understand that. In NYC we are always in the heat of battle physically and mentally so it is not uncommon for such a reaction from us NYC warriors. Nevertheless let's squash this whole crap...this goes also for Metallica too...anyone is free to check us out ... thats what www.blacktaoist.com is up there for..

Peace fellas ....

hey count how are you? Look time my friend...

TheBigToad Guest
    Ok..now that I read what you where(website) talking about WujiDude it makes some sense, but still altogether strange....

I used to write short stories for a now defunked publishing press here in Boise, that was a small excerpt of one, or at least has the same references that my stories had in it. Thats wild you found that! I E-mailed the webmaster but his e-mail is now invalid so I guess I'll never know why or how he got that, but still..

I problem was that I had a shared hotmail account and up to 5 other people where using it at the same time, but that was over a year ago I rarely if ever use that e-mail account.

I have take a lot of precaution in making this profile and keeping it under my access only and my e-mail account is lostforest2001@aol.com.

I did work a lot for sometime in Utah the Salt Lake area and did some very heavy sparring with Wing Chun guys, but that was here in Boise and yes I used a lot of Xingyiquan against them and had no real problems doing it.

I have made sure that when anybody sees a post from "Kevin" its me and only me, I put my name there and where I can be contacted in person, anything before this was just too tainted to trust.

The circle will always be, but you alone decides when it starts and where it ends.

wujidude Guest
    Well-spoken, brothers. Thanks.

Peace.