Well I finally made it to Texas.
It's been kind of a rocky road, but I'm happy about my prospects.
The last month or 2 has been a lot of eating, a lot of drinking, and even some smokin.
I'm about as out of shape as I have been the last few years.
I think I'm pushing 245+ right now.
I finally found a new kickboxin gym last week and I think I'm finally ready to start over again.
My goal, as always, is to lose weight and fight.
My plans for this are 3 fold: skills, fitness, and diet.

Skills
I started with a new thai gym. the guy really seems to know his stuff. i've gotten a lot of correction in the few classes i've been there. i'm a little worried coz it's really hard to get out of work to make it in time for the workout. I'm still trying to hit this class up 2 to 3 times a week for now. Eventually I'd like to make it there Tuesday through Saturday. At the moment i'm only going for an hour or 2 at a time, eventually I'd like to increase that as well, going for possibly 3 to 4 hours a day.

Fitness
I've got a great fitness center and jogging trail right outside my front door. It's so convenient i really should've made it more before now. My fitness goal is to lose fat & get my cardio back up. I'm going to do that 3 ways: jogging, sprint work, and weights. Ideally I'll jog twice a week, sprint twice a week, and lift 3 times a week. I'm trying to start slow, which means 2 to 3 weight sessions a week, 1 or 2 jogging sessions, and if i still can- 1 or 2 sprint sessions a week.

for weights I'm using the general fitness workout in Bill Pearl's getting stronger. I think it's a good primer for breaking back into weights. Basically, after 6 months, i should be able to jump into a more serious program. It's broken up into 3, 8-week levels. The first level is 15 to 20 reps each set, 1 to 3 sets each exercise, and a nice fullbody mix of exercises. The first day (today) had me suprisingly beat. At first glance the workout may seem a lil soft, but it's really good for someone like me who's worried about overdoing it.

for jogging I'm using the trail by my house. The distance is between 3 and 4 miles. It's a pretty easy jog; it's just hard to do coz my dog can't/won't do it with me, so i end up leaving him home. For the beginning time I think I'll be happy with 1 definite jog a week.

for sprinting, coach recommends 20 10-second sprints. I may make that closer to 20 second sprints to get it more in line with tabata's. my gym's got a versa climber for this. I will probably also use the elliptical crosstrainer.

Diet
Okay i hate dieting. I love to eat. If I don't eat what I wanna, much of the joy of my life just goes away. yeah, i'm a fat b@stard, so what? I think one way I can improve my situation is looking at certain foods as "supplements"; ie that there are certain foods that I should eat every day. My list of supplements are as follows:
1 bowl oatmeal
1 cup of yogurt
1 salad
2~3 pieces of fruit
I figure after eating that, I'll be hungry for whatever protein I can get.