Thread: Jian 2-Man Video Sets?

Jian 2-Man Video Sets?

Does anybody know of any good 2-man Jian (sword) video sets? Or any teachers teaching any good forms, if the forms aren't on video?

Thanks in advance!

(I promise not to jump on whatever lineage you say. I've never seen any Jian 2-man sets).

Li Hong's Shang Xingyi contains a Dui Jian form.
    http://plumpub.com/sales/vcd2/coll_XYshang2.htm

I believe San Cai Jian is one of the few (if not only) Northern jian sparring forms. Its first and second sections can be taken apart and matched against one another.
    Yang Jwing Ming has a version of this set on VHS, if YMAA still carries it.
    ~H

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus
    I believe San Cai Jian is one of the few (if not only) Northern jian sparring forms. Its first and second sections can be taken apart and matched against one another. Yang Jwing Ming has a version of this set on VHS, if YMAA still carries it.
    I was just about to mention that :P
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

San Cai Jian @ YMAA Store.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Kun Wu 2-man

Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    My shibo, K. Brazier, has some clips of two person jian drills...not sure of a whole form. Search the mantis forum and there's a link somewhere over there for the host site...I don't have it in my favorites and am busy this am, sorry.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"