Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: kids face jail time over coin tossing...

OT: kids face jail time over coin tossing...

Wow. Tough application of the law there.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    heh, back 'when' (70's) we would flip coins towards a wall and whoever got closest won all the coins flipped.

technically, as far as NC law is concerned, it IS gambling if they are betting on the flip of a coin as that is random. Flipping a coin towards a wall, as we did, would not be gambling but a game of skill such as darts or pool and it would be perfectly legal to bet against each other or all contestants in the 'flipping'. "Side Bets' would be illegal though.

SC may be different though....they usually are.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

wow, talk about clogging up the justice system with stuff that should be taken care of on the school grounds.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

yeah kinda rediculous and a waste of tax payers money. but i dont feel bad for the kids for getting in trouble they were warned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

this thead would have been much funnier if they had been arrested for salad tossing.

brokeback math class and all like that.
    where's my beer?

Lol Gda!!!
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

It's good to know that with terror, and other crimes, the police are wasting their time on some kids game.

This is so asinine that it's not even funny, it's criminal. Every adult involved should be admonished and put on leave for gross stupidity.

Tossing in public is disgusting and rightly criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt
    It's good to know that with terror, and other crimes, the police are wasting their time on some kids game.

This is so asinine that it's not even funny, it's criminal. Every adult involved should be admonished and put on leave for gross stupidity.
    What do you expect from a backwater town in South Carolina. They probably ran out of moonshine and we're p!ssed the whole day.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

neil is right. those adults involved are the real criminals. talk about power mad. why would you hassle children about a coin tossing game? dude needs to get laid. the sheer stupidity that our justice system shows is frustrating. it angers me to no end. a rapist can get less than 2 years but someone caught with marijuana can go away for 10? drug laws are a whole nother can of worms tho.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    The bottom line is that, in school, the children are supposed to do what the adults say (within legal, moral and ethical boundaries of course).

If 'gambling on school property' is against the rules and they were warned not to do it then they deserve whatever they get.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    The bottom line is that, in school, the children are supposed to do what the adults say (within legal, moral and ethical boundaries of course).

If 'gambling on school property' is against the rules and they were warned not to do it then they deserve whatever they get.
    Yeah, but when I was in school we had a way of dealing with that, which was detention. If you keep getting detention you get to talk to the Principal. If you're a real troublemaker you get sent home (suspended).

There's no need to involve cops unless it's something violent like guns or something.

they likely kept playing the game because they were told not to.

they were warned, and they continued. action was taken.

its sad that it had to be handled the way it has been.

yet at the same time, things are different today then when us older folk were in school. a $300.00 fine is hardly anything, but the children will get a good life lesson out of the ordeal and have more respect for an athorative figure.

give em a slap on the wrist they will do it again next week, this way they will probably not. in todays world, you cant afford to make mistakes like that later on in life. best to learn early.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

a 300 dollar is more than a lil sumphin for a lot of families and i have a feeling this didnt happen in an upscale school or to an upscale family.

i could be wrong of course.

i really want a monkey.
    where's my beer?