Thread: Weight Loss

Weight Loss

Ok. So me and my girlfriend are lazy. She kinda wants to lose weight, but I dont push her enough and she doesnt have the willpower on her own to actually get down to exercising.

A big problem that I think is at the root of this is we havnt actually written down any goals/ideas as a scheduled plan. Normally I just tell her that it would be wise to have some sort of work out plan, even if she was 90 pounds. Exercise, imo, is important no matter what shape you are in.

Anyway. I need your help. Could anyone recommend a weekly workout/weight loss program? Maybe even type something out here. I was thinking once every other day or so. Im horrible with words when it comes to her because I normally end up making her feel like crap. Anyone know how to give her a little bit of inspiration?

Thanks. :|

If u made a plan sweet and if she wanted it bad enough shd follow u dont have to push her for lossing weight im not sure what 90 is in kgs but its light mayb for her fitness its a nicer way of putting things. N maybe alot cardio n a healthy eating plan. Also dont want to sound weird but sex is a great workout in its self and its good for the 2 of u. This is one i knocked up for u
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

This isn't a plan. It's just some ideas on how to develop your own plan.

First, you have to drop the lazy attitude. No diet/exercise plan will work if you're lazy. I would say that you're unmotivated. So all you have to do is find something that will motivate you.

Now what is your motivation? It's very important to make an actual goal. Not "I want to be healthy". Of course being healthy is your goal but it's kinda open ended. Associate some sort of event or something with your goal. Like, "I want to fit into this size clothes" or "I want to run a 5k or do 10 pullups" something like this. Then model your fitness prgram around your goal.

Lets say your goal is to run a 5k or 3.1 miles. You could start out by walking the 3 miles. then you could add timed sections of running. Then slowly reduce the amount of time you're walking and increase the run time until you can do the whole thing.

The best thing you can do to get more active is to have fun. Go hiking, play tennis, play frizbee in the park. Go for a brisk walk every night. You could also skip rope, shadow box or do calistenics like jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, squats. Weight training a few times a week is also a great way to get fit.

The best thing to do to loose weight is change your diet. Some people dread doing stuff like this but it's really not as hard as it sounds. Here's how you do it.

1. Evaluate your current diet. Write down everything that you eat for an entire week. At the end of the week, take a look at what you've eaten. Anything that is high in fat or high in sugar is bad.

2. Don't try to change everything at once. If you try to cahnge everything you will fail. Just change a little and see what happens.

3. Replace the bad food with good food. Lets say that you find that you're eating a lot of fast food. Replace those meals with something that is more healthy. Lets say that you find that you're drinking a lot of soda. Try to cut back or try the diet stuff out. When you write down what you eat. There will be things that stand out. Try to remove these things and replace them with more healthy stuff.

Lets say that you want to loose 20lbs. 20lbs! That sounds like a lot! How the heck are you going to do that!?

Now lets say that you want to loose 2lbs. this week. OK, that sounds do-able. Don't bite everything off at once. <-- pun. Take it little by little. Set little goals along the way that will eventually bring you up to your main goal.

The book "Body for Life" is a great book about setting goals and is very motivational. I'm not a big fan of the body building workout but the goal setting part of that book is great.

A good webiste to track your meals is http://www.fitday.com

They've got ahuge database of food and it's free to sign up.

Good luck.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

IMHO there is no easy way to lose weight, and anything you try with your girlfriend will likely cause strife in your relationship, if she knows or suspects it's trying to get her to lose weight.

It's just a decision she's going to have to make on her own. You might want to dump her and get a skinnier girlfriend with better workout habits.

Yikes! That is just wrong to say!

You may do this together but you both have to want it. If she wants to really loose the weight than she will. Chief fox is correct, find things you enjoy and do them, change your eating patterns. Write down what you eat and get rid of the junk food. No." just a littles!" Drink lots of water. Watch your portions. You should do some type of aerobic work every day at least 30 min. Like a brisk walk. The cardio should become more intense as you begin to get more energy. Up it to 1 hour 5-6 days a week of cardio. Sculpt 2-3 days and work on stretching on 2 days. Keep journals and have a contest to motivate one another. Make it fun and rewarding. Make up prizes that r not food related for incentive. Good luck!