Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fearless

Fearless rocks! It is a short movie but it was well worth the 8 RMB that the DVD cost me.

For a real skitzo experience watch Fearless and Fist of Legend back-to-back!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

When In The Hell Does This Movie Come Out In Usa(nebraska Specifically)

Anyone Know

If anybody in china see's this movie could you please write a review on it. thanks

I liked Fearless

This film is a classic kung fu flick akin to OUATIC and Fong Sai Yuk, only with post-Hero/CTHD production values. There's some great fights, but the best stuff happens early making the final fight anticlimactic - same problem with Jackie Chans' Myth, actually. Jet turns in a fine performance, both acting and action. The version I saw had only Chinese subtitles, but I think I figured out most of the plot rather easily. It's a simple plot, and I'm very familiar with the following "fist" movies (Fist of Fury, Fist of Legend) as well as the history, so I knew exactly how it was going to end.

Rogue Pictures
    , same people that brought us Unleashed and Brokeback Mountain, are handling Fearless. Our Tiger Claw Foundation worked with them for Unleashed. They've contacted me about it - their rep mentioned a possible August date for US release.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

AUGUST!!!What the Hell

I have also heard of an August release date. But with important things like this it could take awhile to bring it over. I just don;t get why we can't get it faster, I mean are they trying to make it an 80min. release like Iron Monkey, Iron Monkey might not have been cut down too much, but I heard this movie was already chopped up before it's first release, so I hope that we get the right version like we did with HERO and House Of Flying Daggers.

I know the story is based on the character that Beardy played in LEgend of a Fighter. I hope it is better than that, I am not a big fan of Jet Li's the Legend, but I hope this movie can at least be as good as the classic woo-ping brought us in 1982.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

if you don't know by now then.............

you guys should know that if you want to know the release date of a gung fu movie in the us you have to go to:

http://www.kungfucinema.com

BTW. august is the slated release date for fearless there planning on putting it in more theaters then hero.

August 4th

I just got the press packet from Rogue. They are looking at an August 4th release date at this time.

Hero was distributed by Miramax, released to 2,175 theaters in the USA ($18,004,319 opening weekend). Fearless, like Unleashed, is through Rogue. Unleashed was released to 1,962 theaters ($10,900,901 opening weekend).

The Chinese title is Huo Yuan Jia, the founder of Chin Woo, one of the most venerated organizations in CMA. Fist of Fury, Fist of Legend, Legend of a Fighter are all based upon this story.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

For those of you who live in the N.Y. you can pick a copy of the movie on 14th street there's a DVD outlet store right off 6th ave. The copy isn't the best that you can find but you can sit though it lol.
    RAYNYSC

anton

I missed your question above. I dabbled in mizong, but didn't learn the whole form and I don't remember now what little I was shown. In fact, I'm the fall guy on the cover of the yanqing mizong video that we produced. We had a thread going on that some time back, but I cannot remember which forum it was in.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

fearless

anyone hear of a release date for fearless w/ jet li? is it available in the chinese dvd stores?
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by qiphlow
    anyone hear of a release date for fearless w/ jet li? is it available in the chinese dvd stores?

kungfucinema.com says august, let's hope so.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

August 6th or 8th in the US theatres.

Rumor has it Mandarin unsubtitled copies are available in NYC and SF Chinatown...
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

read first, post second

We've gone over all this on this thread. It's still on the first page of this forum. The answers are out there but you have to look.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I just finished watching it and I loved the story.

The fight scenes are awesome and it caused me to reflect on a deep personal level.

Sad,

deep,

inspiring......

peace
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

fearless

I APPRECIATE NOBODY REALLY GIVING THE MOVIE AWAY, SO THAT WHEN I WATCH IT IF AND WHEN IT COMES HERE, I WILL BE WATCHING A 100% NEW MOVIE.

HOPE IT LIVES UP TO THE HIGH REVIEWS EVERYONE HAS GIVEN IT.