Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fearless

Just watched this movie and I agree with Gene. Started out like Fong Sai Yuk with what seems like Jet just reliving the character. Once it hits the village it gets good story wise. Lots of philosophy to go along with the action.

Won't give too much away but as been said, if you know anything about huo, you know how this story is going to go. Still nice to see it played out. I think Jet and crew did a great job.

I thought the final fight scene was good. It was a good mix of things and did not lose anything by the earlier scenes. At least he didn't recycle choreography like Donnie did in Sha Po Lang (which was another good movie)

What movie did the SPL coreography come from than?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

My wife saw it last week in the Philippines and said it is a great movie!!!!!! She is trying to find a DvD of it for me for our anniversary next month (if she can find it)!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown
    My wife saw it last week in the Philippines and said it is a great movie!!!!!! She is trying to find a DvD of it for me for our anniversary next month (if she can find it)!
    there are a ton on ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Simon, not to derail this thread too much but The final fight scene in SPL was basically the same fight scene that Donnie had earlier in the movie. The sequence is slightly different and now you have Sammo doing stuff but it had this dejavu feeling

ok, wasn't paying attention
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

US Fearless premiere postponed

I just heard from Focus Features. The US release date has been pushed back again. No one knows when exactly yet.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thumbs down you knw what

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    I just heard from Focus Features. The US release date has been pushed back again. No one knows when exactly yet.

just, just, god dammmitt
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

4q

Word is that Fearless is now scheduled for a 4th quarter release. I'll update if I hear more.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Fearless

Im not the biggest jet li fan, but this movie is great. good action, nice story, but a little sad.

if you were a fan of Fist of Legend, then you will certainly enjoy this flick.

check it out.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

ahh fearless...

hopefully it comes here in the next year.

Hey gene, I have seen half of tai chi master(2004) and I thought wu started in like 96, this guy looks like he's 17 or 18 in this movie!!!!!!, or t.v. show. It is not as good as I expected, but hopefully the end will leave me smiling. Jacky hasn't shown off his stuff yet completely, but billy chow is scary even for a cheap looking t.v show. (but you don't beat the scenery in this movie).
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

i've seen all of tai chi master (2004): liked the fights, story got old pretty quick.
    if you havent already, check out tai chi II with jacky wu--also good fights, story is a little more bearable. yuen wo ping's choreograph is da shizznit!
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

was told to get tai chi 2 first

But already had this in the mail. The fights are cool, and the camera work is a lot like fist of legend. But I forgot, I gotta go find out how old jacky wu is!!!!!

NO FREAKING WAY THIS GUY IS OVER 30 YEARS OLD(OR 20 FOR THAT MATTER).

Fearless date back on

OK, we're back to our original release date for Fearless - August 4, 2006.

jethro: Jacky Wu's b-day is 3 APR 1974.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

tai chi master

hey, saw the second half of this, and it was AWESOME. It was AWESOME. It was AWESOME. It...

Final fight not as good as some of the others but billy chow never dissapoints. I wonder if there is anyway we can get woo ping to work on a soap opera over here. And I have to say I liked the story, but maybe because there was like 1 minute of talking and then a fight, they had to chop up at least 95% fo this story.

hey gene, again, no way jacky wu is over 30.

Hey asian people, do you age