Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I got into another streetfight

You've said a couple times that it was impossible to use any martial arts knowledge. If this were true, all we'd see people doing in the UFC is throwing wild, apparently weak haymakers. It is apparent that you haven't been training for very long, and that you consciously think about each technique you want to perform. Train harder and the techniques you learn will just become second nature. Hopefully the extra time and training will smarten you up a bit, too.

Maybe they weren't wild "haymakers", maybe they were well placed hook punches...just a thought.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Wild haymakers are often thrown in the ufc, heck just watch tank abbot, or wacth this recent fight between a king of the cage guy and a random street punk:
    http://tinyurl.com/nmraw

before the takedown they look rpetty much even.

and even in the ufc when they start throwing alot fo punches often theyll start throwing at the same time and try to fight through each others punches just the same. Boxing doesnt really work in the ufc either. Look at chuck lidells punches they resemble sometime shaymaker smore than hooks. And even in the ufc like we saw on the second ultimate fighter between rashaad and that one guy who was so scared he woudlnt even throw a punch and just stood there with hsi hands.

when someone keeps throwing punches and you have to trade and they have longer reach and wont just throw one two and let you throw some like in a boxing ring and without gloves its easier tio throw punches and faster it will be ane xchange between the two people throwing at the same time.

Its a known fact martial artists forget everything they know and panic and lose or giht just liek their opponent in a streetfight it happens with all styles with the possible exception of grappling. you can only slip a few punches before one connects. This is the exact reason there isnt a vid out there with real good kung fu techniques used in a streetfight. ALso, unless you get in streetfights all the time everyone panics and the fight or flight response kicks in.
    Last edited by Hieronim; 05-03-2006 at 09:06 PM.

screw that sheeit

I wanna see a clip of your fight.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronim
    Wild haymakers are often thrown in the ufc, heck just watch tank abbot, or wacth this recent fight between a king of the cage guy and a random street punk:
    http://tinyurl.com/nmraw

before the takedown they look rpetty much even.

and even in the ufc when they start throwing alot fo punches often theyll start throwing at the same time and try to fight through each others punches just the same. Boxing doesnt really work in the ufc either. Look at chuck lidells punches they resemble sometime shaymaker smore than hooks. And even in the ufc like we saw on the second ultimate fighter between rashaad and that one guy who was so scared he woudlnt even throw a punch and just stood there with hsi hands.

when someone keeps throwing punches and you have to trade and they have longer reach and wont just throw one two and let you throw some like in a boxing ring and without gloves its easier tio throw punches and faster it will be ane xchange between the two people throwing at the same time.

Its a known fact martial artists forget everything they know and panic and lose or giht just liek their opponent in a streetfight it happens with all styles with the possible exception of grappling. you can only slip a few punches before one connects. This is the exact reason there isnt a vid out there with real good kung fu techniques use din a streetfight.
    Did you get into a real fight yet!? If not, stop posting immediately!
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

I udnerstand it was too short to really tell what would have happened as it was broken up real quick and when he clinched I put his face on my chest and squeezed his head toward it trying to prevent him from breathing. thats when someone stopped it.
    Last edited by Hieronim; 05-03-2006 at 09:32 PM.

So you fantasize abotu killing people?
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Hieronim Im 21 and I dont go off half c0ked it seems you need to reflect. Most bad tradesmen blame there tools it was ur mental state that let u down sounds a lil like ur trying to getv in beef to prove ur self "DONT" its good u tryed for a sorry from the dude but u started the fight and u lost control of it him and urself words mate try it.
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

he started it when he hit me with an elbow, it was inavitable from than on if I didnt fight him he would do it again.

and yea I lsot control, and this is why I have to keep getting into these streetfights because obviously no ammount of gym training in mam or any other styles will rpepare me or my mental state for that and for being able to completly demolish someone without just hitting them and waiting for them to respond. and without ehsitating on putting a lock on huim cause i might fail and look bad. The obnly way I can overcome that is to overcome panicing and self doubt which will come through endless streetfights, thats the only method. And you ask why I want to overcome that so badly, this is in case I end up in the pen and have to deal with people who grew up in that kind of envioerment and its second nature to them or in some place where thugs roam the streets day and night.

the more I trained the mroe I think I became a wors eof a fighter. When I was just a streetfighter and didnt train in any ma I had one or two techniques I would sue everytime and win with, one of which was the leg sweep/trip and another was the kcik to the nuts. the mroe I trained the mroe techniques I got in my arsenal but cant or dont have the confidence to utilize anyone of them cause I never have in an actual streetfight.
    Last edited by Hieronim; 05-04-2006 at 12:07 AM.

yo buddy; do yourself a favor and join the gym, preferably a boxing gym or something.. or a bjj place.. some place where you can take out your stress .. you seem like the type of kid that got picked on one too many times when you were younger. I've been in a lot of fights, and dude i'm only 1 year younger than you but it's not worth it; now that i grown up thinking back i was a punk. Street fights.. i've been in everyone always used weapons and me and my boys are always outnumbered; but we always did exceptionally well with nobody ending up in critical condition (try 4 a.m. at a public park when they had 16 heads wid pipes and we had only 6 unarmed) lols yeah but that was pretty recient.. it's not worth it man.. trust me.. you're getting too gully.. eventually a real thug will fight you or prepared to get jumped or bat'd down hoody masked up style .. wuteva man dun listen to me.. i'm a stranger from the net.. but living in queenz taught me a lot.

I wanted to say 'grow up'... but then read that you're 21.

The problem isn't your fighting skill, or the mental training you need to 'totally demolish someone'... what you really need to do is train yourself to cope with a bruised ego. Because trust me, you'll get a bruised ego a lot in life, and the solution generally isn't to whack someone when it happens.

these are all great comments

Quote Originally Posted by ChinoXL
    yo buddy; do yourself a favor and join the gym, preferably a boxing gym or something.. or a bjj place.. some place where you can take out your stress .. you seem like the type of kid that got picked on one too many times when you were younger. I've been in a lot of fights, and dude i'm only 1 year younger than you but it's not worth it; now that i grown up thinking back i was a punk. Street fights.. i've been in everyone always used weapons and me and my boys are always outnumbered; but we always did exceptionally well with nobody ending up in critical condition (try 4 a.m. at a public park when they had 16 heads wid pipes and we had only 6 unarmed) lols yeah but that was pretty recient.. it's not worth it man.. trust me.. you're getting too gully.. eventually a real thug will fight you or prepared to get jumped or bat'd down hoody masked up style .. wuteva man dun listen to me.. i'm a stranger from the net.. but living in queenz taught me a lot.
    but You Are Wasting Your Time.

are u familliar with the old robot expression: DOES NOT COMPUTE!
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

You won't succeed at anything if all you are concerned about is how you LOOK to others!!

You remind me of Jim Kelly’s character in Enter the Dragon.

Khan says, “One day you will lose!”

Kelly says, “When it comes I won't even notice….. cuz I’ll be too busy looking good!”

If all you care about is looking good while you are LOSING expect to be a good looking corpse!

You will never receive the respect you are seeking because you don’t deserve it! If you continue to choose to behave like a child you must expect to be treated like one! If you want to be treated with respect then treat others with respect. Don’t whine and cry every time someone hurts your feelings. If you hadn’t been a punk to the guy he most likely wouldn’t have elbowed you. If he elbows you for no good reason then walk away from the game and make some new friends, but I suspect you had it coming by the example you are giving of your attitude. If you hang around scum you only make it more difficult to rise above them. So far all it looks like is you are just as much scum as the fools you hang around.

If you can't block or parry a strike then either evade or cover up. If you are boxing you should have learned to weave and cover from the start. Haymakers are easy to defend against; the flaw is in you not the MA!