Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The First Chinese Kuoshu North Regional Tournament

The First Chinese Kuoshu North Regional Tournament

Tournament will be held on May 6th 2006 in Madison, WI.

This will be an all-Chinese Martial Arts tournament organized by the USCKF North Region Director - Nelson Ferreira, the Zhong Yi Kung Fu Association and sanctioned by the United States Chinese Kuoshu Federation (USCKF).

USCKF North Region website with tournament info:

www.usckfnorth.org

For footage of the First Wisconsin Kuoshu Lei Tai Tournament held in May of 2005 follow the link:

http://www.zykfa.org/video/FirstWisconsin.wmv

The tournament will have several divisions for forms and fighting competitions, including the Lei Tai event.

If you would like to request a tournament information packet for yourself or your school please contact us at:

usckf@zykfa.org

or call:

We welcome all Chinese style martial artists and Chinese martial arts schools regardless of style or affiliation. This is an opportunity to get to know everyone else and let everyone else get to know you. We hope our format can accommodate just about everybody.

Sincerely,

Nelson Ferreira
    Last edited by SaekSan; 02-06-2006 at 12:43 PM.
    USKSF North Region: www.usksfnorth.org

Quote Originally Posted by SaekSan
    Tournament will be held on May 6th 2006 in Madison, WI.

This will be an all-Chinese Martial Arts tournament organized by the USCKF North Region Director - Nelson Ferreira, the Zhong Yi Kung Fu Association and sanctioned by the United States Chinese Kuoshu Federation (USCKF).

For footage of the First Wisconsin Kuoshu Lei Tai Tournament held in May of 2005 follow the link:

http://www.zykfa.org/video/FirstWisconsin.wmv

The tournament will have several divisions for forms and fighting competitions, including the Lei Tai event.

If you would like to request a tournament information packet for yourself or your school please contact us at:

usckf@zykfa.org

or call:

We welcome all Chinese style martial artists and Chinese martial arts schools regardless of style or affiliation. This is an opportunity to get to know everyone else and let everyone else get to know you. We hope our format can accommodate just about everybody.

Sincerely,

Nelson Ferreira
    Looking forward to it!

Hey Siu Hung!

And pretty soon we'll have a complete webpage up at the new website for the USCKF North Region at:

www.usckfnorth.org

Right now it's a re-direct but in the coming weeks we'll have a fully functional page with all the information needed on the tournament and additional activities for the weekend. Also information on how to be certified as a judge at this event (free of charge) and seminars on Lei Tai fighting and coaching (free of charge as well) that will occur in March so there's time to prepare fighters for the event.

Planning is going well and updates will be made regurlarly.

We're also looking into the possibility of having an actual Lei Tai this year, it will all depend on the cost effectiveness of the event.

Either way, it's on!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Does the USCKF have a set training program for certifying referees for Lei Tai?

Like, to be a judo ref you have to spend x time at the state level and judged x amount of matches, then the regional or national level and then world level (this may not be a 100% accurate description of the Judo method but I think it works something like that)

One of my current piques about CMA tournaments is inconsistency of refereeing or judging due to lack of a set of standards overseen by a central group.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Hey Oso!

Hope all is going well with your tournament planning and wish you and the event much success. Once again, we're sorry we can't attend yours but look forward to being there in the future.

Oso said:

"Does the USCKF have a set training program for certifying referees for Lei Tai?"

Yes, to be a Lei Tai ref you have to go through the ref training they hold at the July event, and there's three levels of ref/judge.

- National (1 day course)
    - International A (1 week course)
    - International B (1 week course)

I would say that the idea is similar here but there are no local tournaments (yet) and this will be the first regional for us. The idea would be to get people involved on a grassroots level and have something similar to what you described.

"One of my current piques about CMA tournaments is inconsistency of refereeing or judging due to lack of a set of standards overseen by a central group."

Yes, and I agree with you wholeheartedly, this is something we will be trying to rectify for this tournament. To be considered for judging at the North Regional tournament the person would have to either be certified by the USCKF (or TWKSF) or go through our judge/ref seminar that will be held the weekend before the event (this year will be free of charge). Also there will be a judges meeting in which visiting certified refs/judges will be brought up to speed on how we are running this tournament so we can all be on the same page on the day of the event.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Good to hear.

Things are going well enough I think...no experience w/ how they should be going, though I'm optimistic.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

ttt lets keep this one on the first page!

Update!

Today we are launching the website for the USCKF North Region with information on the First Chinese Kuoshu North Regional Tournament.

It can be viewed here:

www.usckfnorth.org

On the site you'll find info on:

- USCKF North Region
    - The May tournament
    - Seminars related to the tournament
    - General info for competitors and officials
    - Forums

Let me know what you think and if we forgot anything we want the site to be as user-friendly as possible.

Thank you,

Nelson

Information packets have been sent out, thank you all for the interest.

If you have not received yours yet or would like one sent please send me the request at the following email address:

usckf@zykfa.org

You can also vist the USCKF North Region website here:

www.usckfnorth.org

Remember, pre-registration cut-off is 4/28/06 and hotel rooms are selling out quick!

See you in May!

Nelson

Slight oversight...

The info packets were sent without information as to who to make the checks payable to...

So if you could please make sure all pre-reg checks are made out to:

ZYKFA

It'll make it easier for all of us on the day of the event to check you in.

Remember pre-regestration cut-off date is 4/28/06...

Thank you all who have already pre-registered.

Nelson

Less Than Two Weeks To Go!

Hey everyone!

Big thanks to everyone who pre-registered!

For those that didn't the pre-registration DEADLINE is April 28th!!!

Pre-reg fees are $35.00 for the first event and only $5.00 for each additional

Day of event will be $45.00, so save $10.00 and get your pre-reg in ASAP.

USCKF members get a $5.00 discount.

Also, for those that are planning on judging, remember that the judging seminar will be held on Saturday, 4/29/06 at the ZYKFA location, from 1:00pm to 9:00pm (dinner will be served ) and this is the only way to participate as a judge and/or referee at the event (unless you're a USCKF or TWKSF certified judge).

Thanks everyone and train hard!

I wonder if the Green Dragon Kuoshu folks will be there..
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Hello Kymus,

GM Martin sent me an email right after the announcement of the tournament stating that unfortunately he was not going to be able to attend, so I don't beleive any of them are coming, however many others will be in attendance including the USCKF President Huang Chien-liang and Vice-President Joe Dunphy.

We also just got confirmation that the number one Kuoshu Lei Tai team will be in attendance (Richard Lee's East-West School), among others.

The Lei Tai competition should be fierce since we're all preparing for the US selective in July for the World Championships in Singapore.

Keep in mind the pre-reg deadline is tomorrow! But we will have day of registration for all events... until 10:00am May 6th.

Good luck everyone!

Ah. Thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

No prob Kymus.

BTW, thank you all that pre-reg'd, we got a total of 39 pre registrations by this morning!!!

Looks like it's going to be great as the majority of the competitors will register the day of.

Remember, get there early because registration closes at 10:00am SHARP!

Thanks everyone!