Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I got into another streetfight

I got into another streetfight

this one was real short though, and it was the consequence of my previous story (me needing to get my honor back to myself and not be disrespected again). I was at the basketball court at the park playing ball and this one guy who i played before but always had an ego problem started talking how I wasnt passing enough or something and he was the biggest ball hog on the court. I ignored this but later wanted to test him by switching guys and see if hell try to tell me what to do or not and he did and I think he said why dont you f-king guard him or something so I said "f-k you" than a few minutes or seconds later he runs by and elbows me in the face (hes on my team by the way) and I turn and start going after him but his back is turned and he keeps running so I put my head back on the game and tell myself after this game I will take care of this (which has been a big problem for me as the mroe I think about something and the mroe I put it off I dont do it), on top of it some new dudes came that didnt see anything so in those situations I would geenrally be too emabraswsed to do anything but becasue of my previous disrespects in the last few days my psyche said **** this.

After the game I tapped him on the shoulder as he was turned form me and said "are you gonna apologise for that elbow?" and he said something like "get away from me" and kept walking away like I was a punk that was a joke to him, so I turned him again and this time grabbed his wrists and held it there. he got one hand loose and slapped me so I immidiatly threw a low thai kick which didnt seem to do too much damage and in which i think becasue of me panicking and the fight or flgiht response was a weak kick with the shoe not shin. Anyway he was like "wtf" nto expecting me to fight back and stood there and I threw a body punch, than he threw another haymaker and i kciekd his gut with a switch kick which he caught my leg and held it there and I was expecting it to end right there after he drops my foot getting my point across but he drops it not knowing I guess what to do with it and starts throwing haymakers. I tried to egt in my boxing stance and throw jkabs but I didnt realize how different streetfighting is from sparring or fighting in a gym. He was taller and I coudlnt get too close and his haymakers were although weak and girly incredibly fast and unblockable. well we clinched and someone got in between and stopped us and I left and said to the people around me "He elbowed me in the middle of the court and dont pretend you all didnt see that".
    Last edited by Hieronim; 05-03-2006 at 06:09 PM.

Thumbs down

I'll give that a 2.5 . . .

it's not even formatted for easy realing.

i tried to do a bunch of quotes

But there was too many sentences that didn't make sense, and after an hour I got lost, dam computers. it says it was edited, you may have a glitch in your system. Not quite as good as the sex offender story, I give it a 0/5.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

dude u gota realx yeh def i prob woulda got angry bout the elbow and i woulda asked him to apoligise but ge u just strated fighting sounds like u have a prob with honour crap. Breathe and be calm if ur gonna fight. what happened to kicking in the nuts or a poke in the eye. Dude u need to chill
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

This post makes me remember some of the more silly situations that I got into when I was young. It seems that for so long I could almost never do the right thing; many times when I should have fought, I totally pussied out and when I did fight it was often over moronic stuff (usually caused by my "friends").

The best thing that I can say is to use those times for food for thought. True martial arts mean more than just learning how to fight. You must take the quiet time to examine the emotions, attachments and thought patterns that led to the situations in the first place as well as examine why you acted as you did during the fight.
    Always learning

You don't seem to be a very good streetfighter, so you should avoid them.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by viper
    dude u gota realx yeh def i prob woulda got angry bout the elbow and i woulda asked him to apoligise but ge u just strated fighting sounds like u have a prob with honour crap. Breathe and be calm if ur gonna fight. what happened to kicking in the nuts or a poke in the eye. Dude u need to chill
    Yes he does need to chill but a poke in the eye is way to extream for a sports brawl.
    Always learning

your fighting sucks about at bad as your posting skill, bud. you'd better get that ghetto fab friend of yours to do the fighting for ya.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    you shouldn't have grabbed his wrists, your kick was weak, and your boxing techniques didn't account for his wild haymakers. You should have eaten his eye.

Quote Originally Posted by viper
    I did ask him to apologise, and he just turned his back and schrugged me off. The dude disrespected me, I had to let him know what time it was. What ****ed me off is I only hit him ocne or twice to egt his attentiona dn waited for ghim to respond instead of going for the kill and hitting him until hes down. Ive had this problem in amost every streetfight. Also it was impossible to use any ma skills as he kept pucnhign right through my jabs (the one or two I threw) and had a longer reach adn woudlnst stop punching and clinched. It was nothing like a boxing gym sparring match, msot of that stuff dont work out there. Maybe it was just trhe adrenaline thing though not the skill itself, I dont know but I went to my bxoing gyma fterwards and did real good in the ring. I felt panicked as I realized his punches were too fast to parry that could have been it.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers
    you shouldn't have grabbed his wrists, your kick was weak, and your boxing techniques didn't account for his wild haymakers. You should have eaten his eye.
    I could have done something as his abck was turned but I would feel to weak and to sissy do that so I made sure he was looking at me. My plan was to put him in a choke but for some reason when i grabbed him I couldnt do it, its like I felt like if I tried a choke and he slips out of it Ill looks tupid but if I hold his wrists than even if he slips out I wont look that bad cause its just an attention getter.
    Last edited by Hieronim; 05-03-2006 at 08:39 PM.

Hieronim,

How old are you?

Im 21. and are you trying to say if someone elbowed you in the face out fo the blue you wouldnt do anything. nba players fight over less than that and thats with risk of getting fined and suspended and inf ront of the whole world.

I'm sick of these near miss fights that you're having. Don't post again until you have a real fight!
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

chief fox

thank you. I kept trying to write something, but it just seemed too offensive. But you put it perfectly.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."