Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Lee Trainer on E-Bay

Interesting, I'm not sure what to think of it. Has anyone seen this before?

Is it a Bullworker? I wouldn't buy it.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

it has all the characteristics of your average sham.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    it has all the characteristics of your average sham.

I wouldn't just blow it off. The author is a former US Army Ranger and the course is highly concentrated in mental and psychological traiining.

The mental training instructions included with the Bully Xtreme are among the best that I have seen and are worth the full price of the Bully alone. They draw on the knowledge of some of the best minds in the field of appied motivational psychology including Dr. Denis Waitly author of "The Psychology Of Winning," Napoleon Hill author of "Think And Grow Rich," Claude M. Bristol author of "The Magic Of Believing," Dr Maxwell Maltz author of "Psycho -Cybernetics," Dr Charles Garfield author of "Peak Performance, Mental Training Techniques Of The Worlds Greatest Athletes," and many others including William James, the father of American Pshchology,Zig Zigler,
    Dr Wayne Dyer, Anthony Robbins and others. They will make sure that you don't leave your strength in the gym and will help you take that strength with you and adapt it to fight lifes real battles with your most effective weapon- YOUR MIND.

LOL - Andy, am I right in thinking you've probably bought one and don't want to admit you've been ripped off?
    --- time is never wasted when your wasted all the time ---

I have ordered one,but is hasn't arrived yet. Believe me I am familiar with the Bullworker and have owned them in the past.

I have a problem with them using bruce lee's name to peddle this. it's probably not worth the money and this isn't what got bruce lee ripped anyway.

Bruce Lee was very big into isometrics and used the original Bullworker. The following is a quote from John Peterson on the Bronze Bow Forum:

"It is true that Bruce Lee became an Isometric Contraction fanatic after his weight training accident. The injury he sustained was so severe that Mr. Lee never lived another day without experiencing extreme pain in his lower back. In fact, it was a combination of high potency pain killers and alcohol that were responsible for his untimely death. In addition to the original Bullworker, Mr. Lee performed every feehand Iso that you can imagine as well as those with the chain and pipe bar type. He also experimented with the use of electrical current to induce extreme muscular contractions.

I thought he did isometrics and then went on to weight training? I thought he later got into circuit training with weights which helped him rip up along with all the cardio he was doing. But I personally think his death and physique might have been due, or at least affected by, some kind of steriod or other performance enhancing drug (something to reduce bodyfat at least). I don't know much about them, but during his time they were easy to get hold of and he was friends with some body builders. He was taking various supplements at the time so I don't see why he wouldn't have taken other stuff to help him along. Thats not to take anything away from the guy - he would have used anything to make him become a better martial artist and athlete just the same as most athletes do today. I just think it's bad to suggest someone might get Bruce Lee like result from something like this.
    --- time is never wasted when your wasted all the time ---

Any world class athlete also has to have genetic advantages and I would certainly consider Bruce Lee a world class athlete. I can't say for sure that he didn't take steroids or some other performance enhancing drug- I just don't know. He did do a lot of isometrics. I read an article by his wife that sometimes he would even do them at the dinner table. He did endorse the Bullworker and I think for many people it is a valuable strength building tool. Very few people are obviously going to have the motivation and natural abilites of Bruce Lee. I really don't think that it is any different than athletes in other sports who endorse products.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist
    Is it a Bullworker? I wouldn't buy it.
    Yeah! lol. It is a total rip off of a bullworker! The guy is full of garbage. He says "Use the technique that bruce lee used to train" and then he said that his product is the product produced recently from "New researches and studies."

So it's a brand new product that Bruce Lee secretly used!!

The Bully Xtreme[ a review]

No,but it is an improved version. Below is a review that I wrote for several other sites:

My Bully Xtreme arrived today - I have owned every Bullworker from the Tensolator to the X5 Gold and this is by far the best. It returns to the steel/plastic covered tension cords. I personally never really liked the fabric tension cords on the X5 models. It has the smoothest action of any of the Bullworkers.

It applys the archery principle.The archers were among the strongest of the ancient warriors having developed their strength by pulling on stronger and stronger bows. The tension coil in the Bully Xtreme replicates the same retro resistance as arching a bow. The Bully also adds a compression feature to develop crushing power..

Where else can you get an exerciser that offers 600 pounds of resistance in a device that weighs less than 3 pounds and has an attractive 21st century design. It will last a lifetime and can accommodate anyone from the weakest to the strongest without the need to add or subtract plates,cables or other resistors. It will add interest and variety to your workouts and its power meter gives you a way to measure your isometric strength gains.

Frank Sherrill, A former US Army Ranger who is the author of the course, has included extensive mental training instructions with the Bully Xtreme. In my opinion they are worth the price of the whole package just by themselves. He draws on the knowledge of some of the best minds in the field of appied motivational psychology including Dr. Denis Waitly author of "The Psychology Of Winning," Napoleon Hill author of "Think And Grow Rich," Claude M. Bristol author of "The Magic Of Believing," Dr Maxwell Maltz author of "Psycho -Cybernetics," Dr Charles Garfield author of "Peak Performance, Mental Training Techniques Of The Worlds Greatest Athletes," and many others including William James, the father of American Pshchology,Zig Zigler,
    Dr Wayne Dyer, Anthony Robbins and others. They will make sure that you don't leave your strength in the gym and will help you take that strength with you and adapt it to fight lifes real battles with your most effective weapon- YOUR MIND.

Greetings Everyone,

The original Bullworker was designed for high performance athletes who were in real need for a portable device that would help them maintain their fitness levels when traveling and when away from the gym; gyms were not as accessible as they are now. It was a serious device that achieved that goal (when you tried to squeeze one, it pushed back).

The early Bullworkers were very strong devices. Unfortunately, there were instances where the cable cord snapped. And questions about its safety were raised. This did not stop the sale of the product.

The Bullworker X5 was a more versatile product. The drawback to its design was the degree of tension provided. To put it nicely, it was crap and still is.

I contacted the Bullworker people in 2001 and asked that they improve the spring tension with the X5 in an attempt to restore it to its former glory. They did not express interest in doing do at the time. Now they have the Bullworker X5 Gold. They have done nothing to differentiate it from their regular X5 model except to say that it is stronger.

I have been looking at the Bully Extreme. It is nice to see that SOMEONE remembers what the original Bullworker was about; yet, I am still concerned about the cable snapping. The best model would be a model similar to the X5 (looped heavy duty straps, maybe rappling cord) that is a little longer and has hand friendly handles like the Bully Extreme.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 06-02-2006 at 11:36 AM.

those things suck. I've got one I bought in walmart like 9 years ago. It was called something like "the power bow" There are lots of exercises you can do with it, but the resistance level is very weak. However, i will admit that it DID come in handy when I traveled as a means of assisting my workouts. it functions as a bullworker. you can also do tricep push downs, rows and several other exercises.

FWIW, I still haave it (it's in storage) and I have a bullworker that my dad gave me.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter