Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How good is Bob Sapp?!

How good is Bob Sapp?!

A friend just showed me some highlights of Bob Sapp from Japanese K1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaKjk...rch=pride%20k1

All you fans, just how good is he, like could Royce choke him out??

Um....ouch.

He's big, he's a brawler.

Does that make him "good"?

sure, until he get's beaten that is then it's to the back of the line for Bob.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Who cares how good he is....Bob Sapp is some big mofo!

Did you see the biography on how strong he is....it was called Elektra.

Edited for typo.
    Last edited by GreenCloudCLF; 05-05-2006 at 07:19 AM.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

I have never seen him before this video and quite frankly i might not sleep well tonight. He scares me.

Watching this clip i have to say one thing. He reminds me of Adam Sandler's character Bobby Boucher from "The Waterboy." Maybe something is wrong with his medulla oblongata.

brawler or not, he has somehting allot of martial artists dont have - a good offence. the dude sure isnt scared of attacking. he also dont stop, and seem to be pretty tuff.
    more than what allot of other fighters out there can say.
    not the cleanest fighter I've seen, but I would not want to be on the other side of the ring.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

yes bob sapp is a big guy, a monster to be exact

but hes not a skilled fighter, he can beat people down, but when it comes to skilled fighters he has no chance, fighters he has lost to tko or submission cro cop (broken orbital bone), nog (armbar), fujita (stoppage, GnP), hoost (well hoost lost but he was beating and couldnt continue)

bob sapp is just a gimmick fighter nothing else

He seems to be seen as a novelty in Japan (but then, many foreigners are! ), but clearly he's not a great trained fighter. He gases way to quickly. If the ring wasn't there, all his opponents would need to do was run around until he's too tired of chasing them.

Wouldn't want to fight him, but I wouldn't want to study under him either.

Actually seems like he's slowly starting to get a little more skilled. I think he may have turned the corner from "exfootball player who fights" to "fighter who used to play football". I do think he's got an unnatural advantage, which will keep me from ever really rooting for him; but I do give him credit for finally making some progress. It's sad that it's taken this long too, considering he's been able to train with Bas, Oyama, Mo Smith, and all the other greats.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Bob Sapp is huge in japan MMA, what about the arm bar from the big fella?! hahaha thats what im talking about!

I think i read that he is also learning boxing skills too, imagine his hands like a true boxer, FORGETABOUT IT!

Yum Cha,

I dont think your bak mei Ging will effect that man, what do you say?

Maybe place a friggin landmine when he walks out you can take him.

that guy is unstoppable

i saw this guy in an odd movie called Izo. I was scared of him then but I had no idea
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

He's this good.

He's getting better though. Now he can make it into the second round without gassing sometimes. It's academic really, he'll be dead within 10 years.

FT, forget the Pak Mei ging, friggen 45 cal ging wouldn't stop him!

I figured he'd been beaten before, he's obviously not highly technical, I just wanted to know who, how and how many times.

I wonder if he gives Chuck Norris bad dreams? LOL.

Edit:
    Thanks for the vid link Mat, Chuck and I will sleep better at night. Well, maybe Chuck...
    Last edited by Yum Cha; 05-06-2006 at 04:26 AM.

Here is the Cro-cop beating he took. I have never seen a fighter that big that cannot take a body shot. Hoost Dropped him a bunch of times before the "MUNGO SMASH!" Sapp style won out. Hoost was fine and after Sapp couldn't continue due to a broken hand and not really being able to walk after 500 leg kicks Hoost went on to win the K-1 again.

Cro-Cop/Sapp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNMge...arch=cro%20cop

Hoost/Sapp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txkCF...h=hoost%20sapp
    "Information is power"

www.Boston-Kickboxing.com