Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cinco de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo

hey hey hey
    It's tequila day
    cut the lime and pop!

w007!!!

happy happy all you folks who groove on this day of pahty.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

tenga una vacaciones maravillosas
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

was at my wife's cousin's high school fastpitch playoff game, and my mom-in-law snuck margaritas in with her camelbak. the fact that the cousin's team was losing didn't seem to matter as much any more.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

I went to my favorite bar and when I ordered a margarita, instead of my usual vodka gimlet, the bartender called me gay.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    dat's cause you drink vodka gimlets, ya pansy!

try'em with gin.

my dad was a real gimlet kinda guy-when he retired and moved to Fla. the first thing he did was grow limes, so he can sit outside and drink gimlets.

speaking of drinks for pansies. if any of you out there want a refreshing drink for the summer months i have discovered it. if it was a plot of land i would have stuck a flag in it and claimed it in the name of steve. as it is a liquid i settle for little umbrellas or drink straws. go get some arizona green tea and some capt morgan mango rum and mix them together it tastes like a lychee. mm mm good.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers
    dat's cause you drink vodka gimlets, ya pansy!

try'em with gin.
    You know, I've heard that before, and I just don't get it. How is vodka with a little lime juice in it a pansy drink? I mean, we're not talking about something that's mostly fruit juice here. I just don't see how gin is any manlier than vodka. Maybe bourbon, but not gin.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

...is not the biggest national holiday in Mexico. In fact, they asked the question during an episode of "Cien Mexicanos Dijeron, " the Mexican version of "Family Fued" and 5 of may was no higher than 3rd. I guess it is more people in the US assuming that the Mexican version of the 4th of July would be the most important National holiday. Sorry if any of you got a hangover from cheap tequila, next time try Patrón.

US culture question...

What's the holiday?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    dwid,
    I dunno. Maybe 'cause gin just has that rep from prohibition, like when they speak of gin mills, and bathtub gin, it seems that it was the drink of choice. Maybe because if you distill cheap neutral spirits, you can cover up the rawness with aromatics such as juniper?
    Anyone ever have absinthe? There are sites where you can order it online, and I've heard there are absinthe bars in NYC. Ive never tried it, but I am curious, and seeing that I still have a few brain cells left....although there was that one Pink Floyd concert ...Dark Side of the Moon tour, blue microdot....yet I digress.....

I had absinthe. The real stuff from Europe. It depends on your perspective how good or worthwhile it is. I had a pretty roudy youth. In other words, I've been around the block when it comes to illegal substances, and if you're like me, absinthe probably won't impress you too much. It's a pretty mild, vaguely psychoactive buzz. It's hard to drink much of the stuff even when you mix it like it's supposed to be mixed (sugar cubes and cold water), because the taste of black licorice is so ridiculously strong. Anyway, I guess as something to try once, it's okay, but ultimately it's really not worth the expense. As far as brain cells go, I think it's relatively benign.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    What's the holiday?
    The day Mexican troops defeated and pushed out the French.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

what?????????????

they have a holiday for beating the french. Is this serious?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

si. the battle of la puebla in 1862 ( i think).

didnt do anything for cinco.

as for absinth. i hear the stuff on the internet you roder is missing the "key ingredient" what that is, I forget. but a buddy of mine ordered some off the itnernet. i asked him how he got it and he explained it was mising that thing.

oh well
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.