Thread: Does this sound right?

Does this sound right?

I know a group of Asian women, one Chinese and the rest of the group are Korean. I asked the Chinese woman if she knew of a good Acupuncturist in my area. She did not, but the Korean women did. I asked them if he practiced Traditional Chinese Med and they said he was Korean but practiced TCM. Does that sound right?

TCM is a field of study. Specifically the study of traditional chinese medicine. Race should have nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not a practitioner knows thier stuff. What is important is what college or university they attended, and what organization they are licensed through. Some states have additional requirements. I believe New York has some of the more stringent requirements.
    Last edited by Samurai Jack; 05-08-2006 at 05:29 AM.

Thanks, so many people say they r what they r not!!!

I was hoping that was the case. I really needed a referral and no one responded to an earlier post I had made. Now I know I can try this
    Doc.

TCM is for everyone

I know plenty of talented acupuncturists that aren't even Asian. In fact, one of my best friends is an acupuncturist and he's caucasian, working primarily with caucasian patients. The acupuncturist my wife sees is caucasian too.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I Know

I know, but in my area most are Chinese. It is really overwhelming. I was looking for a good one because there are too many to choose.

RUFNTUFGIRL----The first acupunturist I ever when to was a Korean guy who had studied in China and Korea, but his diploma still said Traditional Chinese Medicine. I went to a Chinese guy after that on a recommendation. I liked the Korean guy better because his technique was more effective. I go to a woman from Beijing now who is awesome. She is kind of the class acupuncturist now,lol. But....just to answer your question.
    "If you practice praying mantis, women will like you."--Shi Zheng-Zhong

Thanks, I found one who I am trying now. Almost every family member I have has been, but I have not. Their doc is Chinese so I assumed that was how it is before you all answered me. I didn't want to use the same doc they all go to.

Yeah, choosing is hard. Chicago has lots too, as you can probably imagine. I would imagine a lot could be found in our Chinatown, but I wouldn't look for one there because I would have no way of knowing if they were good, or just popular due to local politics. Well, I guess the only way to really find someone you were happy with would be to take a treatment from one, and then try the next guy, and keep on until you had tried enough to sense a difference in quality.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man