Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Why CMA Doesn't Win the UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud
    The original question was Why CMA doesn't win in the UFC. I will say it ONE LAST TIME. If this were a court of law this question would have been thrown out due to inconclusive evidence. That means that there isn't enough evidence to support this argument or claim.

Seven* I'm just pointing out the obvious, you guys waste a lot of time trying to prove that CMA is not effective when it comes to fighting. Not true we just don't travel in the same circles. I have guys competing in all different venues, sometimes they win sometimes they loose it's all part of the training.
    you need to read more of my posts, dude. My only qualm with CMA in terms of competing is the training methodology. If you notice, I've never said "CMA loses in MMA because it sucks" I say their training methodology is off base for MMA venues. The same applies most other TMA as well.

St said hoi lee is not a fighter, how does he know that. did he ever fight the guy. The statement is, stupid the man is what in his 50's he is now a coach he doesn't fight any more.
    you don't have to have fought a person to know whether or not they are fighters. He did acknowledge that the man had skill - leave it at that. I don't have to fight my cousin to know that he's no fighter. There's no shame in not being a fighter. whether he was or not should not matter. And if it did, it should only matter to lee himself.

That's like saying my sifu is not a fighter no da the man is dead.
    nah, that's different - unless someone had experience with your sifu (as ST has with lee) and knew of him not to be a fighter. ST said that at the time he wasn't coaching - at least not for san shou - that's why he sent him to barry.

As far as respect goes I don't see any, not when respected sifus are expected to walk into the octagon to support their argument.
    nobody said you HAD to. However, if you are a fighter, you would think that you would be active in some way, be it fighting, coaching or otherwise. He gave respect to him when he said lee's kung fu was good. Did you skip over that comment?

Petty ****e like spelling that these guys always bring up as an argument. Common have you ever seen a Dr, fill out a prescription. Just because I don't take the time to use spell check doesn't mean I'm not smart.
    LMAO... I'm guilty of this and do it to fock with you and your guys. This started way back when you were talking about something (being anal, maybe? I can't recall) yet you made all types of errors in spelling, so I was being anal and pointing them out. Then your wrestler guy started posting and he had worse errors than you , so I was pointing them out. Then today, you talk of us being neanderthals - primitive beings, yet you are the one with primitive spelling... As for doctors, they write sloppy on purpose to prevent various things from happening. I'm sure you don't use typos on purpose.

The fact is if you go back and read some of the threads the MMA guys like KF come off very rude.
    only when discussions go to the point of being stupid, like this one is starting to do, or when people get irate at us first. Look at some of the old threads I've been in on the mantis forum. Shirkers is real quick to get an attitude in posting, so I get one back. just forum fu, I guess.

7* just because I don't collect UFC players cards and know all the stats that doesn't mean I don't know what I am talking about.
    Wow, they have player cards now??? where can I get them? Anyway, in this case, you were wrong. quite wrong. that's fine that you mixed up chuck and randy, but to attribute chuck's success solely to his stand up is dead wrong. Just like attributing cung le's success only to san da is dead wrong.

The bottom line is Kung Fu is a different mind set and you guys don't understand it or care to.
    you'd be surprised what we understand or would care to. we are generally more open minded than TMA are. I've posted several experiences on this forum where I have met TMA in real life that dis everything that is not TMA.

I know what why don't we hold a MMA event for all the guys on this thread and lets see who shows up.
    if I can work my schedule around it, I'll be there. I was actually supposed to be at Ross' seminar in feb (weren't you there?) but work wouldn't permit it.

Show me where Kung Fu guys have competed in UFC and lost to MMA, And Seven please don't repeat your self with the handfull of guys that you mentioned that I never herd of give me a break.
    who you heard of doesn't matter. It's documented evidence. look up UFC results and you will find them. use your web-fu. a search will pull up lists of kung fu guys who have fought and lost. Most you likely will not have heard of. After all, you were the one who said the guys with REAL skill are likely never to compete in such events.

The fact is if any one of you guys stepped on the mat with me I'l wip you like yo Moma should have.
    LOL, and you complain about OUR attitudes??

Kung Fu trains for the street not for MMA Octagon, our national sport is San Da San Shou. That is our venue. We have other persuits and Ideals, not the same as MMA people.
    training for the street is irrelevant. What we do works in the street just as yours does. I use it on my second job every night. judo, MT and bjj have yet to fail me in the club I work at.

We do not give into the flavor of the month not that we don't take it into consideration when it comes to training.
    we don't give into anything. striking and grappling. that's all MMA is. It constantly evolves - it has to, as fighters evolve. that is its nature. Non competition makes you stagnant. No offense, but what you take into consideration is irrelevant. Look at all the schools (I've personally seen several) where that say "this is how you defend against a double leg" and they are doing nothing more than a sloppy tackle, which is worlds different from a double leg, as any grappler will happily show you. look at the knife defenses you see in a lot of schools. Put them against a kalista and they would be castrated. the best way to learn about another style is to interract with them, not try to find defenses against similar attacks within your own style - That's reinventing the wheel. let him attack you. Then you figure our how do deal with it within the context of your style.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    next time an MMA guy challenges a non sport fighter to go sport fight, they should at the same time accept a spear duel too, make it fair.

I would do it. However, there's a small difference there. Your empty hand techniques should be readily transferrable to any empty hand venue. Translating empty hands to a weapons format is quite different.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Hey seven* just like I have said in the past I'm nursing an injury so I have time to spend on line. I realy don't take anything to heart you know that I just have to keep people in check, altough I do get a bit passionate especialy when student's have negative things to say about guy's that have only guided them in the right direction.

I'd like to pick your argument apart but I don't know how to high lite your comments the way you do mine. Anyway I know that youre only trying to help the argument so I don't take anything personaly. Personaly I like Mixed Martial Arts and never judge a book by it's cover. It seems that the guys I was arguing with tend to stereotype a lot.

All I can say If someone met me and decided that they would easily defeat me because I'm a Kung Fu guy, well that would be a mistake. In the world of CMA there are very few real Mackoys out there but the ones that are for real are a force to recon with.

Hey seven* just like I have said in the past I'm nursing an injury so I have time to spend on line. I realy don't take anything to heart you know that I just have to keep people in check, altough I do get a bit passionate especialy when student's have negative things to say about guy's that have only guided them in the right direction.

I'd like to pick your argument apart but I don't know how to high lite your comments the way you do mine. Anyway I know that youre only trying to help the argument so I don't take anything personaly. Personaly I like Mixed Martial Arts and never judge a book by it's cover. It seems that the guys I was arguing with tend to stereotype a lot.

All I can say If someone met me and decided that they would easily defeat me because I'm a Kung Fu guy, well that would be a mistake. In the world of CMA there are very few real Mackoys out there but the ones that are for real are a force to recon with.

use the quote button. That will highlight everything a person says. Then, if you want to specify certain sections, you have to end the quote tag. Notice that when you use quote, you will see two items:

[ quote ]

and

[ / quote ]

these are what star and end a quote. you can put those around whichever text you choose in order to geet it to highlight.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Thanks bro, I'l give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai
    Hmmmmm...

You ***** and moan about not being respected and not being able to hold a rational discussion, then you vomit up stuff like this:

You are a hypocrite.

And I don't know where you got the idea that I was a MMA person real, fake, or otherwise. I have never claimed to be. More imagination in your desperation to feel offended. Well, if you want to feel offended, be my guest. F.U.
    angry boy like I care about anything you have to say blow me

It's kinda wierd when people talk around you..

Let me refine my statement regarding Sifu Hoy Lee. Within the community of kf, sifu indeed has a reputation as a tough guy and a former fighter. My reference stems from the fact that as mentioned by mysteri that in my time with him, he simply wasn't fighting! there was sparring at the school on occasion but there was no san shou, no core of fighters, no motivation to compete full contact etc. He was geared towards forms. He wasn't a fighter. And furthermore having a reputation in one martial arts community doesn't neccessarily make you a great fighter the world over right? The martial arts "champions" in the phone book are a dime a dozen.

I'll say it again, I learned alot of good kung fu from him but when i made the decision that I wanted to pursue san shou, he steered me in the right direction.

I like and respect all my Jow Ga family.

Sifu Abel - As to my fight record? Are you asking for all the San Shou events? The Judo events? Wrestling? Bjj? MMA? be more specific. as I'm an active guy.

byw: Sorry I can't make it to FL on the 30th But I'll be fighting in the cage on June 3rd for a title fight. What are you doing maricon de la playa?

*READ THIS LOUD AND CLEAR*

I would love to fight you in a pro MMA event. Let's set up something for this summer or early fall. I can fight at 205 or 185. I know dozens of promoters who can make this happen.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

Just because I don't take the time to use spell check doesn't mean I'm not smart.
    Proper spelling is taught in second through fifth grades. If you had half a brain you would have learned how to spell in elementary school.
    So, yes, this is pretty good indicator that you are not smart... as are most of your posts and the fact that you can't even figure out how to use the quote tags on your own.

The fact is if any one of you guys stepped on the mat with me I'l wip you like yo Moma should have.
    ...as is that statement.

7* just because I don't collect UFC players cards and know all the stats that doesn't mean I don't know what I am talking about.
    The fact that you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to MMA means that you don’t know what you are talking about when you reference the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinTiger00
    It's kinda wierd when people talk around you..

Let me refine my statement regarding Sifu Hoy Lee. Within the community of kf, sifu indeed has a reputation as a tough guy and a former fighter. My reference stems from the fact that as mentioned by mysteri that in my time with him, he simply wasn't fighting! there was sparring at the school on occasion but there was no san shou, no core of fighters, no motivation to compete full contact etc. He was geared towards forms. He wasn't a fighter.
    I like and respect all my Jow Ga family.

You are a complete yahoo retard. So him being a former fighter means he never was? Retarded.

You neither like or respect Jow gar. And I'm going to make sure your ex sifu knows you have such a low opinion of him.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinTiger00
    I would love to fight you...
    Sifu Abel & Green Clown & fighting = oxymoron
    (Green Clown... type "define oxymoron" into Google to find out what it means. You know what Google is, right?)
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 05-16-2006 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel
    And I'm going to make sure your ex sifu knows you have such a low opinion of him.
    What's he gonna do beat me up?

In typical boniato fashion, You failed to see that while I said he had respect in the community, I'm not certain that really qualifies someone as being a "great" fighter.
    Case in point - Look at that video clip of those 2 great "masters" windmilling like 2 school girls.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

alot of stuff in the ufc as ken shamrock said, is just luck.

no offense to the UFC people or amatuer UFCs here.

Here are my two cents though.

I think UFC has too many restrictions. The focus on CMA is to end fights, not to prolong them. UFC is a business. It has to sell. So 15 second fights really has no marketability value.

The UFC are good at what they do. That is awsome.

CMA is good also.

They just do different things.

Just because I don't take the time to use spell check doesn't mean I'm not smart.

Every little bit of evidence helps.

Just as I suspected

angry boy like I care about anything you have to say blow me

Beg all you want, it ain't happenin'