Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Why CMA Doesn't Win the UFC

Quote Originally Posted by hung-le
    Do you live out east or on the west coast with the dog brothers?
    West coast.
    Looks interesting, though. I'm interested in checking it out. Where are they doing this in CA?
    What kind of training do you do? Do you train in group tactics?

I'm also interest to find out why the "lmao....sca..." from PangQuan.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    ou are one of the guys who backed my argument when it blew up a few years ago...
    Another example of kung fu training lowering intellectual abilities (seems to be even worse among those who teach). No one who follows MMA will back that argument. Anyone who follows the sport knows that no event has ever forced people to fight on the ground. This is just a silly rumor made up to make those who train in styles that cannot win in these events feel better about their lack of skills.

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai
    F-ing hypocrite
    I am specificaly talking about trolls like you on this forum not real MMA people.

Anyway your just a kid with one liners go back to your pokemon collection

Once again uncok, why hang on a CMA forum why not troll some where else. Or are ya that pathetic that you belong to other forums too. Dude get a life or a job or something.

Youre just trying to seek validation that's why you hang here.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud
    Mysteri how are you this guy is no Jow Ga brother, Regardless of what styles I did in the Past I would never put my coaches down and I always give credit to all the styles I have learned. It's called respect something these guys no nothing about. St never once gave credit to Sifu Hoi lee for leading him in the right direction.
    who are "these guys"? And he did give him respect. But he gave it where he felt it was due. He said the man's kung fu was good. He also said that he didn't think he was a fighter. No problem with that. you can't really respect a man for something he's not.

These guys are like disgruntal spoil brats that never got there way. If the style doesn't suit them then they think it's crap.
    1. there is nothing wrong with that. If a person wants to train to be a fighter and the school he is attending isn't doing it, it's time to move.

2. His teacher TOLD HIM to go see another guy.

Funny thing is everyone of these complaining brats have studied Kung Fu at one time or the other, unfortunatly they didn't get it.
    or we found something that suited our desire better. After all, we are spoiled brats.

So now they hang out on a CMA forum complaining and dissing Kung Fu.
    actually, we don't. we dis misperception. I've actually learned a lot here - it won't make me go back to any kung fu other than shuai chiao ( I hate they are so far away), but I have learned plenty regardless. I've met several people from this forum and had a great time.

These so called fools that represent them selves as MMA actualy make MMA people look bad. These guys are just the ill manered bullies that made most of us turn to kung fu.
    who have we bullied? And actually, when I first came here, the whole forum was dissing mma. Now, several guys here actually train grappling with their cma.

Forget about the fantastic cultural bridge that brings people from all races together as brothers.
    what bridge would that be? I don't feel a sense of brothership for anyone simply because they train the same art as me. If I don't like you, I don't like you. I may have respect for you for one reason or another, but that is no sense of brothership.

These guys are just neanderthals UUGGG I've got you in the Guilotine UUGG look at my speedos while I mount you. You can't have an open conversation with these guys.
    we are neanderthals and you are the one with the spelling mistakes?

with their extreme prejudice toward kung fu they might as well be racist.
    I have no prejudice against kung fu.

My only question to these guy is, why hang out on a CMA forum and argue?? It's almost like you guys need validation or something.
    LOL, why sit on a CMA forum and bash mma and other things you know nothing about? I've got no need for recognition from a bunch of people that I don't know. I hang out here because I like several of the people here. However, this is a discussion forum, is it not? the point is to discuss, not to sit up here and agree with everything you say just because it's a cma forum and you train cma...

Why not hang on a MMA forum why troll here if you guys don't accept us than Skrew you because the CMA community like to stick to their own no one asked you to join us.
    who says we have to accept you? it's an INTERNET FORUM for goodness sake. Why would you care whether or not we accept you? We don't troll, we discuss. And the CMA community doesn't stick to it's own. look at all the political crap you see in mantis, WC and other arts.

It's all about loyalty and these guy don't have any that's why they are Jack of all trades and masters of none.
    what's all about loyalty? not fighting ability. In any event, the jack of all trades thing kills me. we train stiking and grappling. period. you guys train striking, chin na, weapons, qigong, iron palm, forms, learning history and philosophy, etc.... your training is way more segmented and you won't master it all. But WE are the jack of all trades?

What in pan qing fu known for? his iron palm. Why isn't he known for anything else?

Why isn't chang tung sheng noted for his striking ability?

why is dr yang only known for his chin na and qigong and not general longfist or fighting prowess?

The list goes on. The answer is because you can't master it all. Thus, you guys are a jack of all trades. Possibly a master of one.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I am specificaly talking about trolls like you on this forum not real MMA people.

Hmmmmm...

You ***** and moan about not being respected and not being able to hold a rational discussion, then you vomit up stuff like this:
    These guys are just neanderthals UUGGG I've got you in the Guilotine UUGG look at my speedos while I mount you.
    You are a hypocrite.

And I don't know where you got the idea that I was a MMA person real, fake, or otherwise. I have never claimed to be. More imagination in your desperation to feel offended. Well, if you want to feel offended, be my guest. F.U.

Once again uncok, why hang on a CMA forum .

Why shouldn't I?

anyone can hang out here.

its up to the readers to sift through what they dont like, and accept what they can.

generally 90% of what you see on here is all opinon anyhow, if you dont like it, dont let it soak in. if you cant help but let it get at you, maybe you should reconsider spending any time on public forums or viewing any mass media...

the "lmao...sca..."

been to a couple events, some good people there, but for the most part its foam padded boffles with crappy practitioners.

if you have the right circle i suppose you could get some valuable experience but i would say over all i would say you can get better practice at a western or eastern fencing school.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    who are "these guys"? And he did give him respect. But he gave it where he felt it was due. He said the man's kung fu was good. He also said that he didn't think he was a fighter. No problem with that. you can't really respect a man for something he's not.
    sevenstar,

i know that ur not trying to cause rifts, but what i was pointing out to ST is the same thing i'll point out to u politely in not it's really not a good idea to make unfounded implications and it's much better to ask around or better find out first hand. i'm going to take into account that u've apparently never met sifu hoy lee and that ur not purposely trying to disrespect him, but it would be the same as me simply stating that all of ur teachers are not fighters when i don't even have a clue who they are.

for the record, yes ST did try to show respect for sifu lee in one regard and sifu mike barry(whom i've jus met for the first time a few weeks ago). i'm jus pointing out that since ST is apparently not aware of sifu lee's reputation, even before jow ga (which is no secret in the community), then he can have an opinion, but ought not necessarily make public assertions with nothing to back it with. i think another fact is that ST met sifu lee in the late 80's to early 90's, when sifu was just beginning to settle down with a family. sifu lee was most "active" lets say more in the 60's-70's. so again, i'll give the benefit of doubt there and say it's quite understandable where the misconception could occur.

green cloud, good to see u over here bro. thanx for the sincere words, i know that ur speaking from first-hand experience. honestly, myself and ST have spoken at length on different matters before and we've been pretty cool over the years(even though i've kinda been avoiding KFO for the last few years like the plague, lol, but someone keyed me in to this particular thread). so i know that ST is pretty secure with what he does and i'm quite secure with what i do (of course ur own reputation precedes u as well), so i've never seen the need to have a d*ck-measuring contest with anyone. what'll happen is u'll jus have people talk and talk about stuff which they probably know nothing about, then after a while they'll jus run out of stuff to talk about and they realize that they probably don't really know what they're talking about, so they jus stop talking eventually(jus my reference to trolls). i've spent enough time out of one day here, but again i do look forward to seeing u and the force at Five Tigers tournament next month. ur group was definitely among the more enjoyable for me to watch for sure.
    "Pride builds walls between people; Humility builds bridges."- R. Warren

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan

its up to the readers to sift through what they dont like, and accept what they can.

generally 90% of what you see on here is all opinon anyhow, if you dont like it, dont let it soak in. if you cant help but let it get at you, maybe you should reconsider spending any time on public forums or viewing any mass media...
    agreed.

the "lmao...sca..."

been to a couple events, some good people there, but for the most part its foam padded boffles with crappy practitioners.

if you have the right circle i suppose you could get some valuable experience but i would say over all i would say you can get better practice at a western or eastern fencing school.
    the branch in my city actually offers fencing classes. an escrima guy I know used to go play with them. I'm not sure what the quality of the instruction is though.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by mysteri
    sevenstar,

i know that ur not trying to cause rifts, but what i was pointing out to ST is the same thing i'll point out to u politely in not it's really not a good idea to make unfounded implications and it's much better to ask around or better find out first hand. i'm going to take into account that u've apparently never met sifu hoy lee and that ur not purposely trying to disrespect him, but it would be the same as me simply stating that all of ur teachers are not fighters when i don't even have a clue who they are.
    no need to point it out to me - I'm not making comments about him, as I don't know him - I am paraphrasing what ST said, who DOES have direct experience with him.

for the record, yes ST did try to show respect for sifu lee in one regard and sifu mike barry(whom i've jus met for the first time a few weeks ago). i'm jus pointing out that since ST is apparently not aware of sifu lee's reputation, even before jow ga (which is no secret in the community), then he can have an opinion, but ought not necessarily make public assertions with nothing to back it with. i think another fact is that ST met sifu lee in the late 80's to early 90's, when sifu was just beginning to settle down with a family. sifu lee was most "active" lets say more in the 60's-70's. so again, i'll give the benefit of doubt there and say it's quite understandable where the misconception could occur.
    I see your point there. ST did point out, however that he was aware of his training before jow ga.

(even though i've kinda been avoiding KFO for the last few years like the plague, lol, but someone keyed me in to this particular thread).
    I was wondering why youy name stopped popping up in threads.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan

the "lmao...sca..."

Lol …

I love this…………… always happens…unfortunately…I posted picks….. Look again……that is the real SCA I posted……. Where are the foam boffer weapons in those pics…?

Funny those boffer weapons seem to have broken my sternum, a wrist, numerous fingers and administered a few concussions….boffers?

Why do kendoka flock to our sport? Why do they get pwned by us? Olympic fencers fence rapier in the SCA,,,,, etc...etc......

Gheeze for a bunch of freaks …I guess being the only organization where 3000 guys go head to head (1500 to a side........) every year at the Pennsic war…(the largest non choreographed field battles known……………….…lol………...)

boffers....lol.....that's funny...............

Usually when guys say what you say….It’s for several reason …Sometimes they got involved with some freaks (the SCA is big…every organization as its crack pots…)

Sometimes people show up at a fighter practice expect organized drills…instead a beat fest erupts…..(this usually happens at small fighter practices where there are no belted fighter to organize it….

.Sometimes guys who have experience in other martial arts come to the SCA and way under-estimate our prowess….I.e disrespects us then ends up gettin owned, get mad about it…and quit and give excuses or slag the SCA….bla bla bla

What’s your story PanQuan? its clear you don’t much about the SCA …run into some freaks at a small event….tried to get involved didn’t pan out? I’ve seen that…..

You show up at a fighter practice and tell someone you knew what you were doing.....and someone use you for a pell ( i.e. striking dummy) … and you couldn’t sit down or wear jeans for week cause your azz was black DId your head rang for days…

more times than not this is the actual truthj behind guys who slag the SCA on martial news group like this……..

(On a serious note: although this is funny…this is unacceptable…..and happens a lot in the SCA….. I apologize in advance….if that was the case.. but it wasn't me I way to ****rable to do that (if that actually happened)

How about giving me names of the group you hung with…..So I can have a talk with them…………….
    Last edited by hung-le; 05-16-2006 at 12:09 PM.

thanx for clarifying, 7*, i didn't want to put u on the spot. that's correct, ST actually learned from my sifu for several years. that's cool, i can understand and respect his opinion. i was only stating that his opinion is quite the minority of those who have actually been around. kinda like i would jus accept someone's opinion that president bush is doing a good job, even though his poll rating's clearly show otherwise, lol.

anyway, the beauty of forums is that we can all get together and offer out input and points of views. it's one thing to have rational/reasonable discussions even if we're all in disagreeance, we can have a common respect for one another, go have a beer, and at the end of the day we can still crack jokes on TKD,lol(j/k). but that jus seriously is gets screwed up by trolls, who will be there regardless, but when people begin to feed trolls they'll continue to stay resident. the frustration and silliness of it all makes anyone reasonable throw up their hands and allow those people to settle things amongst themselves. but i don't mind comin through occassionally to show my face and set some records straight when need be. thanx for understanding,7*(et al). some conversations are still worthwhile.
    "Pride builds walls between people; Humility builds bridges."- R. Warren

Quote Originally Posted by hung-le
    Lol …

I love this…………… always happens…unfortunately…I posted picks….. Look again……that is the real SCA I posted……. Where are the foam boffer weapons in those pics…?

Funny those boffer weapons seem to have broken my sternum, a wrist, numerous fingers and administered a few concussions….boffers?

Why do kendoka flock to our sport? Why do they get pwned by us? Olympic fencers fence rapier in the SCA,,,,, etc...etc......

Gheeze for a bunch of freaks …I guess being the only organization where 3000 guys go head to head (1500 to a side........) every year at the Pennsic war…(the largest non choreographed field battles known……………….…lol………...)

boffers....lol.....that's funny...............

Usually when guys say what you say….It’s for several reason …Sometimes they got involved with some freaks (the SCA is big…every organization as its crack pots…)

Sometimes people show up at a fighter practice expect organized drills…instead a beat fest erupts…..(this usually happens at small fighter practices where there are no belted fighter to organize it….

.Sometimes guys who have experience in other martial arts come to the SCA and way under-estimate our prowess….I.e disrespects us then ends up gettin owned, get mad about it…and quit and give excuses or slag the SCA….bla bla bla

What’s your story PanQuan? its clear you don’t much about the SCA …run into some freaks at a small event….tried to get involved didn’t pan out? I’ve seen that…..

You show up at a fighter practice and tell someone you knew what you were doing.....and someone use you for a pell ( i.e. striking dummy) … and you couldn’t sit down or wear jeans for week cause your azz was black DId your head rang for days…

more times than not this is the actual truthj behind guys who slag the SCA on martial news group like this……..

(On a serious note: although this is funny…this is unacceptable…..and happens a lot in the SCA….. I apologize in advance….if that was the case.. but it wasn't me I way to ****rable to do that (if that actually happened)

How about giving me names of the group you hung with…..So I can have a talk with them…………….

lol, i didnt hang with a group. i just went to watch to see what it was about.

checked out the rules and regulations and wanted to see what it was.

no i didnt get "used for a pell"

i do, however, find it humerous i say something about padded weapons, and you take it pretty personally, resorting to assumptions about how i got "owned" at an sca event.

never participated...

i became interested just now so i checked out the "rules of the list"

interesting material, concerning weapon fabrication and combat regulations.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!