Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Why CMA Doesn't Win the UFC

I now pass the mantle to hung-le. Go get um kid.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro
    what, no gay jokes about the ufc this time. Why are you coming on here talking about judo and crap like that. It is superior to kung fu , but still depends on the practicioner. I will guarantee you that you can use your jujitsu style on me and I will leave you inconscious, and I won't even be usin kung fu on you . So go and give somebody else a history lesson on judo cause it may surprise you, btu people on here actually know what that is

Thanks jethro....

You just proved the point I made in the above thread ..Again....Thanks

If you believe judo is so superior to kung fu ....."what the hell are you posting here for?"

there can be only two reasons

A) are you trolling ...and puffing up your Microsoft muscles....trying to stroke your ego.....?

B) scared to hang with people who know MMA etc....on a news groups actually centered around MMA.....................???

Am I to believe you like posting here with people you have nothing incommon with?

Other than these two reasons, if a person is not into CMA I can't see why somone would post here...

yet you do///and others of your ilk....

I see this time and time again......Captain "joke u Out" lords over CMA news groups and if he doesn't get the internet respect he thinks he got coming

(because he reads the latest Black Belt mag and watches the UFC...) then....then Its challenge time..."He States..."I'll bust you up! where? and when?...etc etc...etc....what a laugh..

what's even more predictable is the next time I read this thread your spedo buddies will come to your rescue...Guys like "pig sticker", "Gun U down" "Purple helmet choke out" etc...etc...will chime in....what hoot....

Who is really trolling?

Me? who digs CMA

Or you and your spedo butt buddies?

(gheeze and you wonder why I make fun of the UFC.......Maybe to get under you skin....Duh.......Duh.....DUH

I love this.."
    I will guarantee you that you can use your jujitsu style on me and I will leave you inconscious, and I won't even be usin kung fu on you ."

Ohhhhh! that's tuff..... I think my typing hand is shivering....I"m scared I guess your one bad mother......Huh....LOL get real

i never understood how someone could post a remark on the internet as to how they would beat someone else from the internet in a fight.

how can you possibly know if you dont even know who you are talking to?

i have always found claims like that validate that the one placing claim does not really know what they are talking about, to speak as fact through what is obviosly ignorance shows unfathomable idiocy.

its reeeediculous

but it never stops, one guy leaves, another takes his place.

ah, to know the true motivation for such things would be a great insight...
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    I posted their results from the first 8 UFCs in another thread - you commented on that thread. There have been other losses since, naturally. On average, it would seem that they lose more than win. someone posted a clip here a few months back of a kung fu guy that was beaten by a wrestler... I think he was a student of huangkaivun - a guy who used to post here.

The guy that fought the wrestler, was that a ufc thing or was it the vid with the guy that looked like a tooth pik dressed in the black bruce lee garb with white frog buttons. In that vid the wrestler broke his arm. Just wondering wich vid it was.

chun-li

thanks for letting me know that you don't actually look through and read the threads on this site, you just post. Stay with your linear system of learnign styles and I will stay here and hope to learn as much as I can. But make sure that you post a challenge on here some time so I can see up close by you of why I should discontinue my interest in this and switch over to the dark side

I would write more but there is some trolling to get done
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

thanks for letting me know that you don't actually look through and read the threads on this site, you just post. Stay with your linear system of learnign styles and I will stay here and hope to learn as much as I can. But make sure that you post a challenge on here some time so I can see up close by you of why I should discontinue my interest in this and switch over to the dark side

I would write more but there is some trolling to get done

What a joke! You just got done slamming kung fu...what do you hope to learn here?

But make sure that you post a challenge on here some time so I can see up close by you of why I should discontinue my interest in this and switch over to the dark side

Still trying to bully me by calling me out on the internet? dude!....Does it look like its working?

Why not go hang somewhere oh...like say like a MMA site...after all, that is be all to end all with you...isn't it? Or do you get a siffy trying to lord over a kung fu news group with that "UFC is so much better crap"

I'll repeat

Other than the two reasons I posted above I can't understand why you and others of your ilk.... post here....

Ps

I'm still waiting for your friends with names like "grappler" "Wrestle U" "pit Fighter" "Cage fighter" "Knife U too" "Gun U down" "Dagger" lets not forget juji Gatame....and other jujitsu handles ......etc...etc...to chime in and pile on........

Seems you UFC/MMA internet "LORDS" run in packs on this site.......................

chun-li

there is no reason we can't be friendly about this. i by no means ripped kung fu, I know that judo is a superior style, but i am looking to train my body and not be competitve. I hope to learn many styles and not just one. I hope that I will get far enough to where judo can be on my list. But you saying that challenging you isn't working, how is that? I have been looking for somebody for over 3 months now that I can have a good argument onthe internet with or just an argument in general. I will be here all night posting. I may even pick up a couple of hours just so I can get in as many resonses as I can. But sersiously, if you are evr around here and me around there, I would seriously like to see your skills. But nice to know I just have to put that on there, so youcan get scared I guess.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

I know that judo is a superior style
    LMAO!

with a statement like that, its obvious your an idiot.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    LMAO!

with a statement like that, its obvious your an idiot.
    Well he does kindof have a point. The original system of judo which is rarely taught anymore consisted of grappling, the basis of BJJ, and striking.

Basically modern MMA which appears to be necessary in the ring.

sorry

I hope i am not offending anyone, but I know that there are plenty out there saying yeah huh sure, yaeh right... I have heard it from many martial arts master(movie ones) that judo cannot be countered effectively enough by kung fu. I am going at this with an open mind and will certainly be giving comments on what I learn, but I still no way in hell am saying that just judo is better. Unless you find out quick enough that it is the style for you and literally devoted your life to it. You could become tougher than anybody I guess. But learning many styles is the way to go, though now it just seems like I am just repeating things that were already said here. But I have believed this my whole life and will change my mind when it has been proven to me that if you just study judo or jujitsu, you will be unstoppable. No freaking way I will ever believe that. Train bob sapp in mantis for 10 years or so and give him a teacher that knows how to poke him, he will cry and become better for it, and then mantis will be known as the best style I guess. Too much to say about this so I will wait till I get ripped on more.

But seriosly when a dude comes at you and is gonna grab you and throw you the eff around, what are you gonna do, you will still fight him, right? Well you are gonna at least need to get him off of you before you will have a chance. If you both know judo that is great, it could be a good fight. But say the other person knows kung fu and also knows a lot of grappling, the just judo guy like chun-li is screwed. Fights come down to survival more than styles, but the training you have received and your inner qi will most likely decide who wins. When you get hit unexpectadley, the more you have trained, the faster you will be likely to recover.

I know, I said I would stop, alright
    Last edited by jethro; 05-11-2006 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hung-le
    Thanks jethro....

what's even more predictable is the next time I read this thread your spedo buddies will come to your rescue...Guys like "pig sticker"....

I'll have you know that I have not worn speedos since i left swimteam... well okay, i did wear it a couple times on laundary day, but only as an underwear replacement!

Thai shorts are much cooler than mma shorts, but San Da shorts are teh r0xx0rz.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

The Ultimate Style:

The ultimate "styles" are now lost to humanity. Raw instinct combined with experience is in my opinion is the best "style"

Picture this.

A woodsman, late twenties, early thirties. Spent his entire life, hunting, tracking, trapping and surviving.

The woodsman has developed a superior physical body, due to his harsh life. Now the woodsman has been drafted into a war. The woodsman uses sword, axe, hand, tooth and claw, to defend himself and defeat his enemy on the battle field.

through hard years of many military campaigns the woodsman has been trained on the field of battle. he has killed counless men, whilst in the midst of locked melee combat. he has survived numerous wounds, some near fatal.

now this man is a hardened warrior, with near unmatched skills through years of actual experience.

His natural primal instinct is still in tact through his years as a woodsman, being as near to animal as man gets. with this instinct combined with his years of martial training, and combat has forged him into a true warrior.

Now, today, we have martial artists, who play at such things, and practice with sparring and forms. and get into the occasional real fight. But chances are rare anyone will every gain 1/10 of the skill the woodsman/warrior has gained.

There is no superior style. All combat effectiveness is wholey dependent on actual life experience.

So, you can take a man who has never studied martial arts but has 100+ actual fights under his belt. He will likey defeat most who have studied martial arts for years.

to simply say karate, judo, kung fu, etc. is superior is silly. it depends ONCE AGAIN, on the persons with whom are involved.

there are no superior styles, just superior training methods and experiences.

granted there are styles that are deluted and weak, im not taking those into consideration, the only styles need be considered in such debate will be those proven effective in past or modern times through trial and error. Life and death.

Today the closest men get to life and death is KO/submission, or not KO/submission. unless you live in a harsh invironment and actually DO defend your life regularly.

All the training in the world amounts to very little compared to actual deadly combat experience.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

great point, you have to be defeated and stomped on before you can become good .

Hey Pang, I was just wondering did the woodsman live happily ever after. I think what all you guys need to ask your selves is, Do you guys have the desire to spend your life to become the Ultimate fighting champion. Or do you have a real job or real goals like colledge or being succesful making money and what not.

I would venture to say that most of you just like obssesing over these issues. The thing is CMA offers a person a way to develop and enhance ordinary skills like your intelect, balance, speed, power and grace.

For most of you kung fu guys if you train hard you will have the edge if you are ever attacked in the street.

Now if you decide to become ultimate fighter than you have to train and cross train and practice for that specific venue. We have seen that there is not one specific style that works in these venues. I have also seen guys that stick to there game plan win. If you are a stand up fighter train to knock people out, if you are a grapler train to choke guys out and you will win.

greencloud.net