Thread: Rate this guys Wing Chun!

Rate this guys Wing Chun!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...18&q=wing+chun

Is he really good at Wing Chun? Is he master or student?

thanks

From what I can see it looks like a Green belt (unless im going Color blind), for most Martial Arts this is usually lower down in the belt rankings, however I dont have a clue about Wing Chun (I dont even know if they have belts in the first place).

But apart from that, he doesnt seem very fluent or precise in his moves, nor does he do anything spectacular, so I would asume he hasnt been doing it for long or he is at least of average experience.

He is definatly a master. His balance is close to perfect and those fingerstrikes looks deadly.
    Can I train with him please..

Quote Originally Posted by jesper
    He is definatly a master. His balance is close to perfect and those fingerstrikes looks deadly.
    Can I train with him please..

Which one of you is right?

Red face Something in the middle

They guy knows his forms, although poorly. He does not have good timing or body mechanics so he is not close to being a "master". He is a student that is in the stages of thinking about all his actions. Needs to train more and think about what he is doing and not on how he is doing it. There are a lot of things to point out about what he is doing, but to stay on subject, he is not a "master" and he is fairly lower level student still in his making shapes stage of training.
    What is the first thing you remember after the last thing you forgot?

This guy must be a GGGGGGgrand master he just rocks !
    dude he has the special secret closed door footwork and can control time and space , he is like the Gandhi of wing Chun !!!

oh thus i have heard

psssst [don't p@ss him off he is writing his manifesto and mailing special packages ! ]
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Quote Originally Posted by Reakt
    From what I can see it looks like a Green belt (unless im going Color blind), .....
    Well, I am color-blind. Seriously. So I can honestly say that the belt color is meaningless.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

UFC's next Contender ?

Seems like this guy is a perfect example of 'Monkey See, monkey do'.

Someone call the casting director of 'Naploeon Dynamight 2' we've found our next star in the making
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

That's Rupert Atkinson

He's an Aikido practicioner primarily. I e-mailed him about his interesting WC and he replied:

-----
    I learned WC for only 4 years in the UK a long time ago (1980s) and do not claim to be an expert (I say as much on my 'Aikido in Korea' website). I have continued to train the forms by myself and know they are a little 'different.' From time to time, in Korea, I met foreigners from overseas who had also done WC - some liked what I did, some hated it. I think my own quirks are that I do it harder, with more power. To be honest, I don't think I can call it Wing Chun.
    -----

I don't think he's too concerned with it...but it IS different. Well...what's different, right?

Best,
    Kenton
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by couch
    He's an Aikido practicioner primarily. I e-mailed him about his interesting WC and he replied:

-----
    I learned WC for only 4 years in the UK a long time ago (1980s) and do not claim to be an expert (I say as much on my 'Aikido in Korea' website). I have continued to train the forms by myself and know they are a little 'different.' From time to time, in Korea, I met foreigners from overseas who had also done WC - some liked what I did, some hated it. I think my own quirks are that I do it harder, with more power. To be honest, I don't think I can call it Wing Chun.
    -----

I don't think he's too concerned with it...but it IS different. Well...what's different, right?

Best,
    Kenton
    Thank you man. Just the info I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel
    Seems like this guy is a perfect example of 'Monkey See, monkey do'.

Someone call the casting director of 'Naploeon Dynamight 2' we've found our next star in the making
    Not that I'm an expert on Wing Chun, but I was about to say that the guy reminds me of Rex Kwon Do (Dietrich Bader) from Nappy D. Good call.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

I think my own quirks are that I do it harder, with more power.
    Ah yes it was all that "power" generated with a complete absence of body alignment, grounding, speed, technique and economy that had me confused...

I hope his Aiki is better..
    Last edited by YungChun; 05-09-2006 at 06:51 PM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

What do I think of him ... NOT MUCH !!!

Oy Vey .....................!