Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the curious....

For the curious....

I competed as a brown belt this weekend at the United Gracie tournament in San Francisco, even though I was a purple.

I won my division.

My instructor told me that I could keep the belt

Sooooooo....after 5 years as a purple belt, I'm a brown belt in the gayest sport there is.

Before it sounds like I did more than I did though, there was only one other guy in my weight class.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

hey congrats man. That's what you get for working hard.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster
    I competed as a brown belt this weekend at the United Gracie tournament in San Francisco, even though I was a purple.

I won my division.

My instructor told me that I could keep the belt

Sooooooo....after 5 years as a purple belt, I'm a brown belt in the gayest sport there is.

Before it sounds like I did more than I did though, there was only one other guy in my weight class.
    Hahahaha

Actually somebody this weekend was showing me some original karate stuff, and the technique originally for one of the throws was to grab the guy's nuts and throw them. (Nobody does it like that anymore). Seems like that at least ties for gayness with nutriding.

Congrats MP. Well done.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

nice job

as long as you don't win by forfeit, I know I certainly would feel good about it. Waht style do you study?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Blog Entries

I didn't know Mat Battle expanded to the UK.

good for those guys..and when I say guys, I mean it with an "a"..eh? lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

****ing a dude.
    where's my beer?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Congrats! I used to compete in black belt as a brown belt-but my teacher never let me keep the black belt! I usually got in trouble for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    ****ing a dude.
    No, it just looks like it: it's a martial art really.

Congrats Merry.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    congratulations.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Hey james, congrats bro!!!

Who you trainin with nowadays btw?
    How's San Fran treatin yah?
    Got a real good feeling from Lutter's guys this weekend, seein them at the IFF event here in Fort Worth; I may give the ground-humpin a second shot.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Congratulations, MP!
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Pork Chop,

I'm training at Ralph Gracie's School in Berkeley. The head instructor is Carlos "Sapao" Oyazuma. At least, I think that's his last name. We all just call him Sapao.

Thanks all.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Merryprankster I'm a brown belt in the gayest sport there is.
    Yes, yes you are. If I said your guard was weak would you hold it agaisnt me? Uh wait no, I mean...

I think I must be the only person in the world who doesn't look g@y when I roll, But the other guy Soooo freakin G@Y! FLAMER!

And Because I just can't resist...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzdT-kerHac
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE