Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can meditation be dangerous (demons)?!

Can meditation be dangerous (demons)?!

Welcome.
    I know I am new on this forum but PLEASE take my post seriously. I have some unpleasant experiences with deep meditation in kung-fu. I don't want to write on public too much but I wonder if any of you have met with demons during meditation? If you do have similar experiences please contact me or give reasonable answer.

Lechu

I dun think it's demons; maybe you kinda fallen asleep and experienced something called "scissors"; which is basically when you're half asleep but you your eyes remember everything you and it saves the image, you'll see around you plus see thing(s) moving, it's common for people who don't get enough sleep - in your case i would believe that you fell asleep brefly. Most logical way I can answer it.

Quote Originally Posted by bel
    If you do have similar experiences please contact me or give reasonable answer.
    I think you should seek advice from a qualified meditation teacher with a good reputation. My answer is just one meditator to another.

In general one thing they emphasize is that there are all kinds of illusions that the mind can create. Even if they are real demons (I won't take a stand on whether demons or real or not) the same advice applies as with all hostile energies or beings you may encounter: develop loving-kindness. Loving kindness and compassion meditation is probably the most safe form there is, and it is found in pretty much all buddist systems of meditation in one form or another. It is the #1 recommended response to demons.

The other thing to emphasize is that sure meditation can be dangerous if it is misused or if you lack guidance or for someone with mental problems (I don't mean you). So think of it somewhat like fighting training or any sports. There is a risk of injury. What do you do? Start out easy, a little bit at a time. See what effect it has on you. Don't be afraid of any experience during meditation as long as it dissipates when you are finished, but if it causes you problems outside of meditation ease up and seek guidance. Just like with sports and injuries.

Good luck
    Last edited by Kapten Klutz; 05-10-2006 at 02:22 AM.

You can ask Sifu Wong Kiew Kit or any of his students, who using his organisation's web site for help.

Hitman

1) Stop meditating.

2) Go and see a qualified medical professional in psychology/psychiatry.

You are meditating wrongly. ChinoXL/Kaptin Klutz may be right. Also, your meditations may be causing/exacerbating mental problems you may have. Don't take the chance.

I agree with Mat. People with healthy minds do not see demons when meditating. You should really see a psychiatric professional before continuing to practice.

Have you ever seen demons when not meditating? Heard or seen things that those around you don't seem to be aware of? Have you been undergoing any new or unusual stresses in your life lately?
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

he may not have access to an actual teacher so im going to link some books i liked. none of them deal directly with "deamons" but i liked them and think they may help just the same.

365 tao

tao of pooh and te of piglet

shambhala

the places that scare you
    where's my beer?

Smile

having some knowledge creates fear

empty your mind properly, be passive and yielding, and natural.

You call yourself Bel...

You complain of demons.

Get a grip.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

there are many types of meditation practices.

some general ideas.

1. clear or rest your mind. no memory, no emotions, no worries, no "thoughts" at all. Just quiet everything. so that your mind is clear, rested or unwound, or no pre-occupations.

we may sit, stand, assume a yogic stance or kung fu stance. we may start to "focus" on breathing, wind, birds chipping, etc. eventually no focusing,

2. there are many hurdles, lingering thoughts or emotions, over time, they may become the dominant thoughts or demons, they may become the determinant for you to decide what to and not to do or say or think.

The Buddhist theory is that there are 7 emotions and 6 desires. They are to be avoided. That needs time to practice.

3. cognition or analyzing things in life or whatever topic. listing things one by one and go thru them over and over. until you reach a "conclusion" or tentative summaries.

---

there are more.

Demons are generated from your heart/mind. Thoughts are influenced by one of your strong emotions or "beliefs".

---

if you are really "troubled", yes, you need to see the doctors for help as pointed out by others.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    copied from another forum

"as a side note-practicing hei-gung incorrectly can lead to causing rather than dispersing blockages and imbalances. This can lead to many problems, physically,psychically,spiritually, and mental and emotional as well. It is referred to as "Jow Faw,yup moor" running fire, enter demons (spirtual possession)which does not always mean possession, but the psychosis that may result from this.
    I have seen the results of incorrect practice, and I will tell you this. Some of it scared the pants off of me. I wouldn't had believed it unless I witnessed it with my own eyes.
    There is an unwritten rule regarding the inner teachings. Never give out the whole secrets. That is left only to the initiate, whether it is Gung-Fu, Hei-Gung, Noi-Gung,or Western Occultism, such as High Magick. There will always be specific things either left out, or in incorrect order, misspelled names,backward positions, protection rites,etc. Frankly, I feel this is more irresponsible than putting it out correctly, but either way, it can be dangerous."

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    are you referring to Baal, who I believe is a demonic name? sick

Not A Demon!!

The antiquity of the worship of the god or gods of Baal extends back to the 14th century BCE among the ancient Semitic peoples, the descendants of Shem, the oldest son of Biblical Noah. Semitic is more of a linguistic classification than a racial one. Thus, people speaking the same or similar languages first worshiped Baal in his many forms. The word Baal means "master" or "owner". In ancient religions the name denoted sun, lord or god. Baal was common a name of small Syrian and Persian deities. Baal is still principally thought of as a Canaanite fertility deity. The Great Baal was of Canaan. He was the son of El, the high god of Canaan. The cult of Baal celebrated annually his death and resurrection as a part of the Canaanite fertility rituals. These ceremonies often included human sacrifice and temple prostitution.

Baal, literal meaning is "lord," in the Canaanite pantheon was the local title of fertility gods. Baal never emerged as a rain god until later times when he assumed the special functions of each. Although there is no equivalent in Canaan of the sterile summer drought that occurs in Mesopotamia, the season cycle was marked enough to have caused a concentration on the disappearing fertility god, who took with him the autumn rain clouds into the neither world.

eTC.....

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/b/baal.html

Or Is He????

Baal is also seen as a Christian demon. This is a potential source of confusion.

Until archaeological digs at Ras Shamra and Ebla uncovered texts explaining the Syrian pantheon, the demon Ba‘al Zebûb was frequently confused with various Semitic spirits and deities entitled ba‘al, and in some Christian writings it might refer to a high-ranking devil or to Satan himself. In the ancient world of the Persian Empire, from the Indian Ocean to the Mediterranean Sea, worship of inanimate idols of wood and metal was being rejected in favor of the one living God. In the Levant the idols were called "baals", each of which represented a local spirit-deity or "demon." Worship of all such spirits was rejected as wrong and many were in fact considered malevolent and dangerous.

Early demonologists, unaware of Hadad or that "Baal" in the Bible referred to any number of local spirits, came to regard the term as referring to but one personage. Baal (usually spelt "Bael" in this context; there is a possibility that the two figures aren't connected) was ranked as the first and principal king in Hell, ruling over the East. According to some authors Baal is a duke, with sixty-six legions of demons under his command.

During the English Puritan period Baal was either compared to Satan or considered his main assistant. According to Francis Barrett he has the power to make those who invoke him invisible, and to some other demonologists his power is stronger in October. According to some sources, he can make people wise, and speaks hoarsely.

While the Semitic high god Baal Hadad was depicted as a human, ram or a bull, the demon Bael was in grimoire tradition said to appear in the forms of a man, cat, toad, or combinations thereof. An illustration in Collin de Plancy's 1818 book Dictionnaire Infernal rather curiously placed the heads of the three creatures onto a set of spider legs.

Another version of the demon Ba'al is Beelzebub, or more accurately Ba‘al Zebûb or Ba‘al Zəbûb, Hebrew בעל זבוב), who was originally the name of a deity worshipped in the Philistine city of Ekron. Ba‘al Zebûb might mean 'Lord of Zebûb', referring to an unknown place named Zebûb, a pun with 'Lord of flies', zebûb being a Hebrew collective noun meaning 'fly'. This may mean that the Hebrews were derogating their enemies' god. Later, Christian writings referred to Ba‘al Zebûb as a demon or devil, often interchanged with Beelzebul. Either form may appear as an alternate name for Satan (or the Devil) or may appear to refer to the name of a lesser devil. As with several religions, the names of any earlier foreign or "pagan" deities often became synonymous with the concept of an adversarial entity. The demonization of Ba‘al Zebûb led to much of the modern religious personification of Satan, as the adversary of the Abrahamic god. For more details on the origins of Ba‘al Zebûb, see Beelzebub.

ETc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal#Th...titled_ba.27al

Bel

Enlil or Bel

Mesopotamian god of the atmosphere, in many senses the most important god in the pantheon, if not the highest. His importance must be ascribed to his being the god of nature's cycles and fertility.
    Enlil was the son of the highest god Anu. His main cult centre was at Nippur in today's Iraq. The meaning of "Enlil" is best translated into "Lord of the Wind," or "Lord of the Air."

IN SUMERIAN RELIGION

In Sumerian religion, Enlil was the god of both the atmosphere and the wind. In many respects he is the most active god in the Sumerian pantheon.
    He is called "father of gods," "king of heaven and earth" and "king of all lands." In the myths, Enlil is presented as the one who separated heaven and earth, the one who lets everything grow, who created agricultural tools, who created the day and who decided upon the destiny of the world. But Enlil is also the god of storms and bad weather.
    In one myth we hear about Enlil raping Ninlil, the grain goddess, whereupon he was banished to the underworld, in order to return to the world, reflecting the cycles of agriculture.
    Moreover, Enlil is the god who gave kings their positions, and who gave them progress in war and in peace.

ETc.

http://i-cias.com/e.o/enlil.htm