Thread: Can meditation be dangerous (demons)?!

Hybrid View

Can meditation be dangerous (demons)?!

Welcome.
    I know I am new on this forum but PLEASE take my post seriously. I have some unpleasant experiences with deep meditation in kung-fu. I don't want to write on public too much but I wonder if any of you have met with demons during meditation? If you do have similar experiences please contact me or give reasonable answer.

Lechu

I dun think it's demons; maybe you kinda fallen asleep and experienced something called "scissors"; which is basically when you're half asleep but you your eyes remember everything you and it saves the image, you'll see around you plus see thing(s) moving, it's common for people who don't get enough sleep - in your case i would believe that you fell asleep brefly. Most logical way I can answer it.

Quote Originally Posted by bel
    If you do have similar experiences please contact me or give reasonable answer.
    I think you should seek advice from a qualified meditation teacher with a good reputation. My answer is just one meditator to another.

In general one thing they emphasize is that there are all kinds of illusions that the mind can create. Even if they are real demons (I won't take a stand on whether demons or real or not) the same advice applies as with all hostile energies or beings you may encounter: develop loving-kindness. Loving kindness and compassion meditation is probably the most safe form there is, and it is found in pretty much all buddist systems of meditation in one form or another. It is the #1 recommended response to demons.

The other thing to emphasize is that sure meditation can be dangerous if it is misused or if you lack guidance or for someone with mental problems (I don't mean you). So think of it somewhat like fighting training or any sports. There is a risk of injury. What do you do? Start out easy, a little bit at a time. See what effect it has on you. Don't be afraid of any experience during meditation as long as it dissipates when you are finished, but if it causes you problems outside of meditation ease up and seek guidance. Just like with sports and injuries.

Good luck
    Last edited by Kapten Klutz; 05-10-2006 at 02:22 AM.

You can ask Sifu Wong Kiew Kit or any of his students, who using his organisation's web site for help.

Hitman

1) Stop meditating.

2) Go and see a qualified medical professional in psychology/psychiatry.

You are meditating wrongly. ChinoXL/Kaptin Klutz may be right. Also, your meditations may be causing/exacerbating mental problems you may have. Don't take the chance.

I agree with Mat. People with healthy minds do not see demons when meditating. You should really see a psychiatric professional before continuing to practice.

Have you ever seen demons when not meditating? Heard or seen things that those around you don't seem to be aware of? Have you been undergoing any new or unusual stresses in your life lately?
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Smile

having some knowledge creates fear

empty your mind properly, be passive and yielding, and natural.

You call yourself Bel...

You complain of demons.

Get a grip.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

he may not have access to an actual teacher so im going to link some books i liked. none of them deal directly with "deamons" but i liked them and think they may help just the same.

365 tao

tao of pooh and te of piglet

shambhala

the places that scare you
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by bel
    Welcome.
    I know I am new on this forum but PLEASE take my post seriously. I have some unpleasant experiences with deep meditation in kung-fu. I don't want to write on public too much but I wonder if any of you have met with demons during meditation? If you do have similar experiences please contact me or give reasonable answer.

Lechu
    You never wan't to leave your mind totaly free from thought. If you do a demon can enter.