Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tekken the film

tekken the film

let's talk about tekken, i heard jet is going to be in it(he's also going to be in rogue with jason statham), but what i'm upset with is the director now the guy did a great job with Paid In Full. but all his other stuff pretty much sucked, i'm totally not impressed with the guy they should've used one of those music video directors they always do well with action(hype williams notwithstanding) maybe phillip G. Atwell or someone anyone except for charles stone. i think this is going to blow, i mean van dam street fighter blow, i mean mortal kombat 2 blow. but then again i could be wrong might have some grat fights if they get a good action director......... donnie yen anyone maybe sammo hung (i know they don't have yuen woo ping money but with jet attached who knows maybe) just please no corey yuen. he already screwed up DOA...

any more info? And when I saw the cast for DOA, I knew what you are talking about.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

This isn't much more info...

...but I'm sure there's more to come...
    Video game Tekken big screen bound

The hit video game 'Tekken' is being made into a film.

Variety reports that the futuristic martial arts movie will begin shooting on 4 February in Louisiana.

Commenting on the film, director Dwight Little said: "The film plays out as a science fiction story set in the near future, about a rebel who rises up against the Tekken Corp to seize freedom for his people."
    Advertisement

He continued: "It's a gladiator story, but the videogame has a complicated enough storyline that it provides the template for a martial arts spectacular."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i'm just glad the kicked charles stone off the project.

i thought hong kong made a bootleg tekken film a couple years ago. it was pretty bad... well not totally bad it was decent. it was called.......the avenging fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

yeah that film was garbage. this film has a better idea there actually going to try and step away from the enter the dragon format on this one. i'm hereing that an early draft of the film is complete and looks promising. we'll see

Why is it most fighting games don't step away from the Enter the Dragon format?

The only one I can think of is Tao Feng. That one was the bomb.

well thats because most fighting video games like street fighter, mortal kombat and tekken are all based on guess what enter the dragon. but from what i'm hearing about this script its totally defferent(albeit it still has the tournament thing) and it combines some aspects from fantasy/matrixy type films. hopefully its good but who knows right now not one person is casted the script is till being worked out they just got a new director on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    Why is it most fighting games don't step away from the Enter the Dragon format?

The only one I can think of is Tao Feng. That one was the bomb.
    Tao Feng is da bomb.

that dragon style chick is the bomb diggity for puttin the whoop down on fools
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Tao Feng is da bomb.

??????????????????????????????????? yeah i'm gonna leave this one alone

.....that dragon style chick is the bomb diggity for puttin the whoop down on fools
    Okay............

Tao Feng is da bomb.

step ....slowly away from the keyboard........

Tao Feng was from one of hte co-creators of Mortal Kombat. I think it was the first fighting game on the Xbox/PS2 generation, one of the first anyways. Only on Xbox. Good stuff. As your fights wore on your character would get all jacked up. Torn clothing, bruises and blood. You get even get dislocations and broken bones that would disable you. Less magicy, but it was still there. Iron Monk and the little old dude were my favorites.

It seems like Cung Le been casted to play Marshall Law in the movie. Toward the end of the interview, Cung mentions he's going to play Marshall Law

http://punchdrunkgamer.com/index.php...tent&Itemid=72

thats awesome. good choice.