Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tekken the film

Cung Le will play MArshall Law in Tekken

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I spoke to Cung about this.

We spoke soon after the Shamrock fight. He was pretty excited about the role, but he was also talking up his role on Fighting. Cung is on the march. We'll be hearing a lot more from him soon.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

spoke to him on myspace

he is super excited about it he's posting like ten bulletins a day about it. and his role in fighting as well. would love to see him and donnie yen in a flick togather

First image of Cung Le as Marshall Law
    http://kotaku.com/5010111/first-look...-movie-costume

Ttt

im looking forward to this one. Looks like a pretty good cast

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Wink Doug's Wet dream

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    he is super excited about it he's posting like ten bulletins a day about it. and his role in fighting as well. would love to see him and donnie yen in a flick togather
    Donnie's MMA is pretty good and probably will get better. They would be good training partners.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Tekken Trailer

Here's a look at the Tekken trailer.

Fighting looks good but the story seems to be a little thin.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Quote Originally Posted by 冠木侍 View Post
    Fighting looks good but the story seems to be a little thin.
    And you find this surprising?
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Reminds me of Best of the Best 2 (minus Vegas and Wayne Newton)

Trailer actually doesn't look too bad. I mean, it's not going to be a masterpiece, but as MA Video game movies go it looks like it will be good.

And Hey......they have Cung Le and that'll be a plus right there.

But, considering Tekken was always my favorite fighting game, I'll have to see it.

I looked up the cast online, and it looks like they are omitting virtually every Chinese stylist from the Video game when they make the movie. No Lei, Wang, or Feng. It looks like the only one is the Chinese Girl. (and Law if you count JKD).

Also no King or Paul, WTF??? I always thought they were two of the most popular characters.

Blog Entries

Cung Le in Tekken--is this OLD?

http://ninjashoes.net/forum/showthre...w-Tekken-movie

i'm watching it now on fastpasstv.com.......didn't know cung le was in it
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

U.S. Theatrical release in 2011?

Anchor Bay Picks Up Tekken for a Wide Theatrical 2011 Release
    Posted on Tuesday, September 14th, 2010 by Adam Quigley

We’ve seen a poster and a trailer for Tekken, but does anybody want to see Tekken itself?

Anchor Bay Films seems to think so, and that’s why they’re granting the film a wide theatrical release in 2011. Screwy business decision, or calculated risk? Check the box office breakdown after the break.

Coming Soon reports the news, saying that Anchor Bay acquired the U.S., Australia and New Zealand distribution rights to the film from Crystal Sky Pictures. They announce that the film “will be released widely in the United States in 2011″—the “widely” being the part that immediately caught my eye.

A wide release? Seriously?

When I saw Tekken’s trailer (the video from the original post has been taken down, but I’ve embedded a mirror below), I thought for sure the film would end up being dumped straight-to-DVD, copies of it building dust on the bottom of a rental store shelf. Then I spotted the tagline on the poster—”The Battle Begins Aug 5″—and was struck with a combination of fear, hate and sadness. That date passed though, and I had all but forgotten about the film. Balance had been restored to the universe.

And then this happened.

Anchor Bay must not have checked the box office tallies for video game adaptations, or else they’d know that, unless you have Angelina Jolie sporting a tight, tiny shirt, they don’t really perform too well. It also doesn’t bode well that three of the lowest ranking titles on that list are adaptations of fighting games, a subgenre that isn’t too highly populated. Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li tops it with under $9 million in its coffers, and a dismal $12 million worldwide; Double Dragon took in an even sadder $2 million; and DOA: Dead or Alive gets the honor of being the lowest earning video game adaptation of all time, making less than half a million dollars overall.

Anchor Bay will be lucky to even make back their marketing costs with this one. It’s a shame, too, since they’ve only recently started to expand to the theatrical market, and many of their recent releases (Solitary Man, City Island) have been quite good. One has to wonder why they thought Tekken was the pony to back when jumping from limited to wide releases.
    I have this and I've been meaning to watch it for the last week or two, but just haven't had the opportunity.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i watched ten minutes of it...and then got rid of it..trash.