Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Monk Ching Cho Woe Serng

Possibilities for why futsan forms different to Chan Heung's family's??

Took this from another post:

Well even within the same branch or lineage, content can easily change and get lost with time and successive generations, as people might learn or remember things wrong, change and/or adapt, or simply forget and make-up missing or forgotten things. There is also possibility that as time goes by, people make up things to fulfill a need not satisfied already by what they have, or to take the place of something they did not inherit or learn from the previous generation.

That is why it is so important to DOCUMENT AND RECORD the contents and information through manuscripts and kuen Po as did Chan Heung and his family. So even if successive generations adapt what they learn, the more original material of the previous generation is still accessible through manuscripts/kuen po for the future generations, keeping the system relatively intact.

Not surprising if futsan did not have (??) kuen pos and written documentation, the further removed they are from Chan Heung's family, the less their material will resemble the Choy Lee Fut as passed on by its founder, Chan Heung.

You can see this even with forms of the same name. For example, sup ji kau da and ping kuen are names of forms found in Chan Heun's Choy Lee Fut, as is Tid jin cheung kuen. But ping kuen of futsan may be different to that of Chan Heung's family....why? Well not hard to understand the possibility given the possible reasons as outlined above, especially if they did not keep kuen pos, and as time goes on and the further they are removed from the family of Chan Heung, the chances are they will look even more different and unrecognisable except in name??

By the way, sup ji kau da, ping kuen, tid jin cheung kuen are only primary level forms. There are more advanced secondary level forms such as the bagua sum, and there are advanced tertiary level forms such as the choy lee fut animal forms.

So you don't have any choy lee fut animal forms??

And before you go about MAKING THING UP LIKE JONGS, things to consider??

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=41534

Blog Entries
    clfnole,

i completely agree with you. I am always open minded, I jus won't budge when it comes to the history and sway to the other side.

as for the internal forms, i don't discount them, I'm just not interested in learning internal forms.

See, i what i think is if i started practicing chan family forms others will try and clown and call me a traitor. however, I do see a lot of Chan Family CLF that i like, and there are some things i wouldn't do because to me it doesn't make sense.

again, i will say this, i Love all choy lee fut because it is such a great system and i think we can all benefit from each other like you said. Just each person should absorb what works for them.

still, one day, we will all practice CLF as a whole. not this branch nor that branch. just one big family.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior
    Internal, who really cares about internal CLF. Hell, I got internal in my branch, so i'm not worrying about it.
    No. You do not have internal CLF. Your "um ying kuen" is not a Choy Lee Fut form. It was supposedly a "shaolin" form learnt by Lau bun from Yuen Hai's wife, not from Yuen Hai himself.

And before you go about talking about internal, what makes that form "internal"? Is it because you do it SLOW??

Do you know??

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...t=41429&page=7

Blog Entries
    kenny you better stop it. i'll get you banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by VStanmore
    No. You do not have internal CLF. Your "um ying kuen" is not a Choy Lee Fut form. It was supposedly a "shaolin" form learnt by Lau bun from Yuen Hai's wife, not from Yuen Hai himself.

And before you go about talking about internal, what makes that form "internal"? Is it because you do it SLOW??

Do you know??

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...t=41429&page=7
    Frank,

So you have no answer for the questions?

So you don't know about internal??

"Better go get these guys banned, before they expose more of our lack of knowledge! How could we keep faking it and making things up if they keep exposing us!"??
    Last edited by VStanmore; 05-23-2006 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph
    Frank,

If you are sensitive by any stretch of imagination, you would not try make out Jeong Yim to be a Fan Guek Jag (a traitor) to CLF, that hurts a lot of people in the CLF family when we know he gave his life to the art.

By doing this you are not very Chinese, meaning you have no sense of appreciation of what the Chinese values are.

Kwan Kung was highly admired by the Chinese because he symbolized friendship, loalty and trust which Jeong Yim and Chan Heung gave to each other.

You came along 5 generations later and took them apart. Now to me, that is not being Chinese and I was not referring to you being a Chinaman by race.

Just one look at you and we know you are not one of us.

No one talked to me like the way you do either!

Hi EJ,
    Watch out! Expose more of his lack of knowledge and he might get you banned!??

Hi VT,

Frank may be able to change history but he has no power to ban anyone here. Whether he has knowledge or not it is up to others to decide.

Keep cool, bro.

EJ

Blog Entries
    if this guy stanmore keeps showing himself like kenny poop,

yes i will get him banned. this guy is outrageously posting just like kenpoop.

yes i do have the power.

Hi VT,

Frank may be able to change history but he has no power to ban anyone here. Whether he has knowledge or not it is up to others to decide.

Keep cool, bro.

EJ
    Hi EJ,
    Frank has posted another post about getting someone banned.

His lack of knowledge is quite evident even if he gets those who exposes it banned!

Frank has been f-a-r-t-ing from his mouth.....Maybe he is so accustomed to it that he doesn't smell the stink of his own f-a-r-t when he opens his mouth!?? Is he stuck? Maybe he should try unplugging the other end, and his bad air will go out the correct path!??
    Last edited by VStanmore; 05-23-2006 at 10:01 AM.

Hi VT,

If I were you I wouldn't use too many **** words because they end in four and is considered bad luckk by the Chinese!

EJ

Hi EJ,

it was about Frank f-a-r-ting from his mouth!

Blog Entries
    kenny (vstanmore)

If you don't cease your bullsh1t you are going to get banned again.

i'm warning you.

you really must be retarded to think we don't know its you.

I got your noi lim sau for you right here.

Did someone just f-a-r-t from his mouth?

Try unplugging the other end of the tunnel, and the bad air will go out the correct opening. Not the mouth.

Blog Entries
    keep it up kenny.

Frank,

If you are sensitive by any stretch of imagination, you would not try make out Jeong Yim to be a Fan Guek Jag (a traitor) to CLF, that hurts a lot of people in the CLF family when we know he gave his life to the art.

By doing this you are not very Chinese, meaning you have no sense of appreciation of what the Chinese values are.

Kwan Kung was highly admired by the Chinese because he symbolized friendship, loalty and trust which Jeong Yim and Chan Heung gave to each other.

You came along 5 generations later and took them apart. Now to me, that is not being Chinese and I was not referring to you being a Chinaman by race.

Just one look at you and we know you are not one of us.

No one talked to me like the way you do either!

i hope ur clf is better than ur cantonese
    coz ur cantonese sucks

i hope uve been reading an english version of clf history otherwise id want to get a second opinion on ur translations