Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: joe sayah

joe sayah

hi phil sifu , i hear joe sayah , has moved back to melbroune do you know what days he is teaching at chinatown thanks phill peace russellsherry
    russellsherry

Quote Originally Posted by russellsherry
    hi phil sifu , i hear joe sayah , has moved back to melbroune do you know what days he is teaching at chinatown thanks phill peace russellsherry
    Joe Sayah is no longer a part of our association. I have no clue as to his whereabouts. I won't go into details but if you'll look at the WC family tree on my website you'll see that his name has been taken off. http://www.wingchunkwoon.com/history.asp#tree
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond
    Joe Sayah is no longer a part of our association. I have no clue as to his whereabouts. I won't go into details but if you'll look at the WC family tree on my website you'll see that his name has been taken off. http://www.wingchunkwoon.com/history.asp#tree
    Phil
    Mr Redmond I understand that Mr Sayah is no longer part of your association . . . to be part of association is by agreement of association and individual . . . but why is he no longer part of family tree . . . family tree is history . . . who a person learned wc from . . . this does not go away . . . even if person is persona non grata . . . your teacher is your teacher . . . history can not be rewritten . . . though I know some try . . . lol . . . taking person off family tree is trying to rewrite history I am thinking.

Thanks,

Ghost

Joe has decided to leave the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association and go out on his own. He's a grown man....does he not have the right to do that?

Ghost,

Your point of view brings up idea of relationships and Kung Fu family and how those involved value it. In this case, it is GM Cheung and Joe. Some, like yourself, look at it as being part of a family and some look at it as part of an organization. A family is a type of organization but an organization does not have to be a family.

Your post suggests that you believe the kung fu relationship should be like a parent to children, where the children never really lose the relationship to their parents, except by death. And having a difference of opinion does not lose the relationship base. However, sometimes the Kung Fu relationship is more like a marriage whereby when someone "divorces" themself they break all ties, as in the woman's case in our society, by changing back to their maiden name.

Sifu Victor is correct in that Joe can make his own choices. It is Joe's own Kung Fu if he made the right choice or not.
    Moy Yat Kung Fu - Martial Intelligence

I am just saying that organization is one thing . . . lineage and family tree is another . . . they are not the same . . . people come and go in organizations . . . even organizations come and go . . . lol . . . but who person learns from and who they have taught remains . . . this is what family tree or lineage is about . . . if I have big disagreement with my teacher he can not say you are no longer in my lineage . . . lol . . . he can stop teaching me or stop associating with me and so on but the fact remains that he taught me wc . . . this does not go away . . . and to rewrite family tree to excommunicate those no longer in good graces I do not understand . . . this is all I am saying.

Thanks,

Ghost

I am just saying that organization is one thing . . . lineage and family tree is another
    Yeah, and as is pretty obvious to anyone not trying to stir up controversy or argue for the sake of it, the web page used "Family Tree" when they probably should have used "Organisation Structure".

It's poor use of terms, not some vast conspiracy to cast unbelievers into outer darkness.

If they ever give a Nobel Prize for making mountains out of molehills, consider yourself nominated.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich
    Yeah, and as is pretty obvious to anyone not trying to stir up controversy or argue for the sake of it, the web page used "Family Tree" when they probably should have used "Organisation Structure".

It's poor use of terms, not some vast conspiracy to cast unbelievers into outer darkness.

If they ever give a Nobel Prize for making mountains out of molehills, consider yourself nominated.
    You're correct Andrew.
    His name was taken off to show disassociation (sp)? with him. I doesn't affect WC history at large. It's like taking a person's name off of a membership list if he is no longer a member. If I told everyone here why you'd agree wholeheartedly. (But I won't).
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

joe sayah

hi sifu phill i am very suprised and somewhat shocked joe has been at williams as long as i can rememember it is sad when these things happen peace russellsherry
    russellsherry

Quote Originally Posted by russellsherry
    hi sifu phill i am very suprised and somewhat shocked joe has been at williams as long as i can rememember it is sad when these things happen peace russellsherry
    I agree Russell. When I met him we got along fine.
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich

I am sorry Mr Anerlich . . . but I am not mind reader . . . I only read what people write . . . if they are inaccurate in what they write . . . if they mean one thing but say another . . . how can I help this? This is why I ask questions. I am sorry that I do not understand some thing so obvious as you put it . . . I am just not as experienced in these sorts of things as you apparently . . . if you think I make mountain our of molehill . . . this could probably be said by some one about just about every thing talked about on this forum! . . . lol . . . same with what is obvious or not . . . sorry if I bother you or others . . . I will let you go back to talking about not so obvious important things now . . . lol.

Thanks,

Ghost

if you think I make mountain our of molehill . . . this could probably be said by some one about just about every thing talked about on this forum!
    Perhaps so, but you have control over whether you add signal or noise, no one else.

And yes, in this case my opinion regarding your eariler post has not changed.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond
    Phil
    Any idea on why he left? Your association keeps getting smaller and smaller every year with so many people "No Longer With the WWCKFA".

Not a slam against anyone. Just curious about why he left California and the Cheung system.

Politics...

What is to be gained by saying anything more?

Joe had a good run within the WWCKFA.

Let it go at that.

Just to follow up on that, Master Parlati, you have consistently shown yourself to be a forthright, stand-up guy in a field where there are so many charlatans.

Other than a love of what you do, to what do you attribute your longevity?