Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sifu Abel - Let's Fight!

I got no horse in this race, other than being curious to see the fight.

ST - If you're so determined to do this, and are worried about Abel's backpeddalling - simple solution, remove the two restrictions he is using.

1. So he wants it in Nov. - fair enough, he initially agreed to Sept/Oct - now he's changed his mind - why not simply accommodate him? Yes I read your post about having other fights... but wait, I have a solution to that one too...

2. Remove the whole "it has to be a pro fight" clause, because blind freddy can see it's not gonna wash.

Very simple - fix a date in November to fly to Cali (like you said you're happy to) and kick his ass behind closed doors, with several people filming it. He said he wants to fight you - just say "OK - I'll be there in November to kick your ass".

This reminds of high school when one kid wants to fight another kid and they tell all their friends to show up at 3:00 behind the swings.

You see need to have lots of people around comes from insecurity. We balance our fear by having a crowd around to boost our ego and provide some hope of someone stoping it.

This is the type of thing real MA people avoid. My generation of CMA just conducted them selves differently. When it came to a duel we took it seriously but still conducted our selves in a respectful honorable fashion.

slightly OT

but

is it true that a fu jow pai guy got DQed during UFC prelims for tearing his oponents flesh?

Quote Originally Posted by Finny
    blind freddy can see it's not gonna wash.
    Who's Blind Freddy? Will he fight me to the death in a cage?

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    Is he the guy that appears in nightmares with long talons and a stripey jumper? If so, there's no way I'd fight *him* in the cage!

Only if you get down to 185.

Very simple - fix a date in November to fly to Cali (like you said you're happy to) and kick his ass behind closed doors, with several people filming it. He said he wants to fight you - just say "OK - I'll be there in November to kick your ass".

Reply]
    Yes, well said. Stop with all the restrictions. Give Abel his time to fully heal, fight in November, and forget about the Pro fight crap. Just do it at the local MMA gym, or where ever it is Abel is teaching right now.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

well,

let's put our money where our mouths are.

You guys declare who your favourite charity is.
    People bet on that and when their guy wins, they make a donation to the charity chosen.

I'm putting my money on Rudy Abel for a couple of reasons.

I've seen his clips and can see that his training would only need a few changes to fit into an mma venue which it will have to be because st doesn't have enough time to bring himself up to the level of fluidity and skill in fighting that abel has already demonstrated for us.

I've never seen anything of ST's and he's been an internet tough guy since the ralek days, so we'll see, but my hunch is Abel will school him mma or not.

as for knifefighter, I think we've seen footrage of him in the ring. But I'm not convinced he'd be up to snuff enough to handle Abel either.

in short, Rudy has shown some clips that display his stuff, the other two haven't and so that's what I gotr to go on.

so, Rudy, 50 bucks on your favourite charity if you win.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

are we there yet?
    are we there yet?
    are we there yet?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    Portuguese is similar enought to Spanish that I'd say with some confidence he is a black belt. The opening credits said ("Cinturon Negro") Black Belt in Brazilian JiuJitsu vs Black Belt in Shotokan Karate)
    Sorry.... wrong again. Centurion Negro is the name of the street on which the school is located.

Black belt in Portuguese is Faxia Preta.

Here is Sifu Abel's last X-Ray after his knee surgery:

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/060522/i...1jBHNlYwNtZXBo
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

i like the idea of donating winning to your favority charity. which leads me to my question. Anyway i could possibly qualify as the winners favorite charity? The sole purpose of the charity is to fulfill my personal dream of never having to work again. any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter
    Sorry.... wrong again. Centurion Negro is the name of the street on which the school is located.

Black belt in Portuguese is Faxia Preta.
    "street name" BJJ vs. "street name" Shotokan karate? doesnt' sound right. Plus, like I said, the place it happens is the BJJ guy's academy...

I'll ask someone who speaks it...
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    Here is Sifu Abel's last X-Ray after his knee surgery:

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/060522/i...1jBHNlYwNtZXBo

That was actually his brain scan.

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai
    That was actually his brain scan.
    Your mom goes to college.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.