Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sifu Gary Lam seminar in the UK Sept 9 & 10th/ 06.

Sifu Gary Lam seminar in the UK Sept 9 & 10th/ 06.

Hey guys and gals ,
    just got sent the details so here you go

---Ernie:

The seminar is to be conducted on the 9th and 10th of September (I will leave it up to sifu Lam to decide on the start time and duration of the daily seminar)

The event will be held in a town (MALVERN) close to the 2nd largest city in the UK, which is Birmingham. This place was chosen for it low price and its ease of commuting (central of England) for people all over the UK, and its beauty. Also, that's the only place where I could organise the restaurant that would provide a mini banquet to the participants at such a low price.

The price is 140euros as requested by Andy.
    The topic of the seminar is entirely up to sifu Lam, but I was hoping he could cover chisau applications and maybe cham kil or\and the wooden dummy
    At the end of the day, Ernie, it's sifu Lam's show. How he chooses to run it is entirely up to him; I'm just the frontman.

I can be contacted on the following numbers: 01684 891918 or 07836 600832

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any further info big guy
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

ok everyone listen up!

go to this seminar. trust me, do it.

I dunno how to say this without sounding like a cult member but gary lams wing chun and more importantly his students wing chun is very very good. i had a little experience with some of them and their ability even for students with only a year or two training was amazing. Ive bumped into a few different wing chun types from time to time and never been impressed until meeting them and getting fed humble pie...

also one other thing ive learned is theres nothing like getting a hands on feel to understand different approaches. you can talk on here till your blue in the face about anything, tan sao this, body structure that, power, footwork etc etc but until you actually feel it theres no real way to understand. so if your not from WSL wing chun or never seen it before or if your stuck in a rut never been outside before this is the big one.

paulH will know big time what i mean by this i remember him "turning intent on" or off like a switch, also "lat sau energy". sure talk about it yeah i know what that is.... nope you dont till you feel it

anyway even 5 minutes with these guys and youll come away with a better understanding of even the basics to put straight to work in your own wing chun.

you never know you might leave thinking yeah im better than those guys,, and thats all good but i doubt it

also, sifu lam has the syllabus clearly laid out and a simple progression through chi sao etc, REAL fighting experience, very very few people ever fight thais, and one hell of a funny sense of humor.

see yall there

Hey Jon,

Just browsing this forum for any unusual subversive activities, and there I saw my name popping up again.

Just want to say that I enjoyed tremendously you and James taking your time to visit us the last time. Your WC enthusiasm cheered everyone up here. You guys are just the right perfect kind of crazy English gentlemen that my Dad always warmed me about! It's really too bad that I'm not rich and free like Sigung Ernie so I can tag along with Sifu to meet other fun, eccentric and interesting folks across the ocean, but I'm sure Kevin Bell and you will give the latest scoop in this exciting event in September.

Your crazy American Cousin,

Paul

What??? Paul you mean your not gonna be there? D@mn, i was gonna break out my book of Gilbrand.
    It's time to turn it on! This is what i train for, this is where i want to be. Fear is not an option it's time to release the rage!

yo paul,

james is canadian

you were the first dude i worked with there first impressions last forever

funny before E showed up you saying maaan e and his boys theyre killers

so theres more than a few people in the uk who post here... whos coming?

Quote Originally Posted by stricker
    yo paul,

james is canadian

you were the first dude i worked with there first impressions last forever

so theres more than a few people in the uk who post here... whos coming?
    Hey Jon,

Well we were a British Colony awhile back, so close enough ah...

[QUOTE=stricker]

[QUOTE]

By no means I am gentleman and a vegetarian pacifist

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

alright i just got of the phone with choi the guy organising it and its gonna be a sort of wing chun paradise weekend. drinks and a big chinese banquet in his pub and tons of training what more can you ask for

hes just really down for a big get together everyone welcome whatever background ...

very respectful guy and sound as a pound to boot.

also if any ones thinking about it they should get in touch with him as hes gone to a big risk and lot of effort to put it together so dont be shy get in touch with him and dont hold back sending the deposit in...

veggie pacifists welcome too

Quote Originally Posted by stricker
    alright i just got of the phone with choi the guy organising it and its gonna be a sort of wing chun paradise weekend. drinks and a big chinese banquet in his pub and tons of training what more can you ask for

hes just really down for a big get together everyone welcome whatever background ...

very respectful guy and sound as a pound to boot.

also if any ones thinking about it they should get in touch with him as hes gone to a big risk and lot of effort to put it together so dont be shy get in touch with him and dont hold back sending the deposit in...

veggie pacifists welcome too

I'll have to arrange for some Ninja's to go to that pub and start up some trouble, and get some action on tape, lol

I jealous guys, really....I just have to win the lottery now to get over there.

Like Jon said, I also recommend anyone and everyone to make the effort to experience Sifu Lam. Besides his high level skills in fighting and Wing Chun, he's a fun guy to be around...there's a ton of laughs and ton's of information he will share if you ask the right questions...

James

Ill be there as Im sure will many from the WSL U.K. Assoc. Hopefully Clive and Anthony will come too.
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Forrer
    Ill be there as Im sure will many from the WSL U.K. Assoc. Hopefully Clive and Anthony will come too.

Nick if i do make it out there save some time to go over some ground stuff with me and we can toss a few Kali drills back and forth !

that's ''IF'' i make it

That'd be cool if you could make it over...would be nice to finally meet you.....more than happy to show you the little bits and pieces ive picked up re: the ground. Hopefully we might get to do some wing chun too!
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Grrr... I can't make that one which is too bad because I haven't been beat in a good while. Someone say hello to Gary for me.

would love to say hi to gary for you
    ummmm but who are you
    ;-)

I am not sure I understand your question but will answer in this way. I don't personally know Gary but have always wanted to get to his seminars, though they always seem to pop up at the most inconvenient time for me. I have worked with students of Wong Shun Leung and Kenneth Chung out of San Francisco and have yet to meet Gary. I met Ken's guys at a seminar hosted by my Sifu, Eddie Chong, in Sacramento and they said nothing but good things about him so I wanted someone to send my regards that's all. I hope I cleared up some confusion for your benefit.

-Aaron