Thread: OT - Health Insurance

OT - Health Insurance

Heya,

I'm no longer working, and I don't really want to elect COBRA because it's expensive as hell, so are there any decent health insurance plans out there that I can buy on a month-by-month basis since I don't know how long it will be until I get a job again?

I quit my job in March, and I only have 3 more days to be eligible for COBRA, and if I elect it, I'm going to have to pay for it retroactively from the day I quit (3/15). I really don't want to do that.

Does anyone know of any good catastrophic insurance I could get in the meantime?

Thanks.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

aflac is ok.

when i wasnt working i took up their accidental, incase of any breaks or major sprains. pretty much what ever your training might throw your way.

they key is that its recreational...
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

since i am my own business, i go through my states business asasociation. Massachusetts Business Association (MBA) and i get it through them. my plan is decent and i pay $282.28 a month for it. and 90 dollars once per year for membership. also the year before i paid $264.24. so you can see how much it goes up in one year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    IF, when I was independant for a while I got a policy through my car insurance company (State Farm). It wasn't state farm but they were an agent for them.

I got a health/dental/vision basic 80/20 plan w/ 250 deductible for $109 a month as a 33 year old non-smoker.

That was 5 years ago and rates have gone up but at the time that was 1/2 of what COBRA was offering and just as good a plan. I too was shocked at what COBRA turned out to be.

good luck, the most important thing is don't lapse coverage...ever. especially post 30.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"