Thread: zhaobao pushng hands competition vid

zhaobao pushng hands competition vid

Interesting. I play a tiny bit of Zhao Bao push hands with a friend of mine from time to time.

The first video started out as Zhao Bao push hands, but ended up more like Shui Qiao (sp?) The second vieo is most like what I do. I would be the guy in white, and my freind Troy would be the one tossing me around like popcorn in the living room during the big game.

Zhao Bao guys seek maximum skelital alignment for maximum leverage, and tend to throw through the arm by locking the joints in such a way as it's impossible to resist without gettng MORE thrown. There have been times where I have literaly been thrown as soon as my hands touch his, over, and over again. It's frusterateing, as I cannot figure out how he's doing it. All I see is our hands cross FOR A SPLIT SECOND, and then I am flying across the room.

The Zhao Bao vs Shui Qiao was also very good example as Zhao Bao guys develop a very strong root, and it is darn hard to throw them. They seem exceptionally good at contantly repositioning themselves useing tiney circles to neutralise and incomming power.

Basically they take your attemps offline by circiling your power *just* out of range so they appear unthrowable.
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 05-20-2006 at 06:30 AM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Interesting but Not official tui sao compeitiion. But nice to see none the less
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."