Thread: Mas Oyama bullfighting vid

What a showman.

And the guy had the goods to back it up from what I've heard. My dad trained with him for a couple of years before he shipped out from Japan to Vietnam, and the way he describes it, Mas Oyama ran his school more like the modern martial arts gym than you would expect if you walked into a karate studio here in the states. They did plyometric exercises and lifted weights in addition to training forms and techniques and free fighting. Oyama didn't really put much emphasis on belts either. It was only a concern if you wanted to compete.

Anyway, cool vid.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Would have been better if the bull actually fought back. Rather than looking like a tame animal who was shocked and confused at being attacked by a master.

The mechanics of his strike were nearly perfect ... legs, waist, torso .... I only saw a slight disconnect in his arm, but what do you expect from a karate guy , or someone hitting something as solid as a bull horn.

I am disapointed to see the bull was tied up and looking quite helpless after hearing the myth of this story for so long. I always pictured a charging bull, not one that was dragged out (drugged or starved?) to be man handled. Also, would have been nice if the video wasn't edited, cut away, at the moment the blow lands.... does he run to put ice on it after failing, or does the bull drop? Seems to me like they would have kept that part in if it was spectacular. Why the edit?

is that what they meant when they said "grab the bull by the horns?" i just want to say that is the most work i have ever seen someone do just to get a cheeseburger.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    A single tied up bull is nothing...you should try fighting off a dozen hiefers trying to mug you for the bale of hay you're carrying.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"