Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Hung Gar

no, never. however, Chan Honjung (Chan Hon Chung) was one of the most famous Hung Kyun masters of Hong Kong.

hsk- yeah, if I saw a photo I can tell you if its Chan Hon. And yeah, Chan Hon Chung is the same as the abridged "Chan Hon"

theres some vids floating around out there of him in his autumn years doing some work on a mook jong.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Cool, hope they float in my direction

Willing to trade stuff for it

PS: here's a link to a photo of him

http://wongkk.com/images-3/answers/ans99b/chc01c.jpg

Blog Entries
    No, this is the photo.

this was from a photo with Lau Bun in it and my sifu said this guy was named chan heung but was a hung ga master and the first sifu of the Late Bing Chan----my sifu's 1st sifu.

nope, not the same guy hsk.

don't recognize the photo.

Chan Hon Chung was diminutive of stature, bald and with a big smile.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

don't recognize him either.

will be in nyc soon so will show the picture to my sifu. He is very familiar with alot of the martial artists of HK (probably because my sigung and sitaigung were pretty well known)

you should post this question & photo on the southern kung fu forum (took the place of the now defunct southern fist forum)

yes, another new video was uploaded, and a lot of new stuff is comming. check out occasionaly http://www.lghk.org/en/videos.htm

Question Basic Patterns for Hung Kuen?

Hello to all, i was wondering could anyone perhaps post some links for the basic forms of Hung Kuen as i am a beginer and want to make sure i have done everything right. Thanks

I think you should focus on your teacher's version. Take alot of notes.

It would be confusing to compare other versions with yours at this time, since you haven't developed a definite foundation yet.

If your from the Lam Sai Wing lineage then a good resource would be his 3 books (gung Ji Fook Fu, Fu Hok Seung Ying and Tit Sing Kuen).

You probably aren't learning the 1st set yet GJFF but good to have them as references and motivation.

good luck in your training

gung ji fuk fu kyun
    http://www.lghk.org/en/gallery/lsw_gjffk.htm

tit sin kyun
    http://www.lghk.org/en/gallery/lsw_tsk.htm

(fu hok seung ying kyun coming soon:-) )

If you have problems remembering the sequences and holes drop in when you get home, just practice the parts that you DO remember. You'll be able to perform the parts you did remember the next class, and then you'll be able to pay close attention to the parts that link them up again.

Ngok fei is correct in you must concentrate on what your Sifu teaches you prior to seeing other sets from your style.

Take notes and video tape yourself doing the set you are learning.

Hung Gar website

Not sure if this is old news, but here is the website to Sifu Wan Chi Ming.

http://www.liondanceny.com/homepage.htm

Started Hung Kuen

Sup people. Due to the lack of practically ANYTHING, as far as I know from searching/googling, I decided to take up some Hung Kuen from Sifu Eddy Lane. The lineage is Lam Sai Wing. Eddy learned from Buk Sam Kong, good friend of my CLF Sifu, Mak Hin Fai.

Anyways since I've been an lazy ass this summer, my legs now feel like crap, but whatever, sei ping ma always does that anyways. Class last night was pretty ****ed intense, lasted around 2 hours. I studied the basics, had to keep everything "tight" cuz I was being too wide (lmao) I guess my CLF habits are hard to break. Eh anyways I did basic punches, like 3 or 4 basic combinations which included Fu Jow, Ping Choy and several redirections/blocks/smashing-the-opponent's-arms sort of moves.

All in all, Hung is pretty tight stuff, everything I learned was pretty practical, I'm gonna start some heavy sparring as soon as my body learns this stuff and I'm able to properly execute techniques with Gum Jing.

Oh yeah and I'm still doing CLF if you're all wondering but this is the best I can find and it's pretty good training.

Peace