Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-6-6

I don't want to go to work

Heavenly lord, please bring me zombies to kill today.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    coincidentally (or maybe not?) last night I dreamed that my 7 month old was dead. This morning, when my 7 year old (not the 7 month old) woke up, he told me that he had been dreaming about the color flowers he put on my grave when I died...
    dude!! what the fu(K?!

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    coincidentally (or maybe not?) last night I dreamed that my 7 month old was dead. This morning, when my 7 year old (not the 7 month old) woke up, he told me that he had been dreaming about the color flowers he put on my grave when I died...
    i'd like to be a fly on the wall at breakfast time in that weird ass surreal scenario you call home 7*.

have you taught them how to dispatch with the hamsters using a cinderblock and a paper bag yet?

no? kids love that you know, it's so quick!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

From the San Francisco Chronicle

POP QUIZ: STEVEN SEAGAL
    - Aidin Vaziri
    Sunday, June 4, 2006

Everyone knows Steven Seagal, the awesome action hero who's not afraid to rock ponytails, marry Kelly LeBrock and hug panda bears. But who knew that under that stoic tough-guy exterior there was a wild Delta bluesman clawing his way out? Not us. But it turns out the star of such blockbuster films as "Under Siege" and "Under Siege II: Dark Territory" (he's been doing mostly straight-to-video stuff lately), has just released his second album, "Mojo Priest." That's right, his second. The first one had Stevie Wonder on it. If he saw David Hasselhoff backstage, he would totally kick his butt back to last Thursday. Seagal plays the Fillmore on Tuesday, a.k.a. 06/06/06.

Q: A lot of people don't even know you play music.

A: Okaaay.

Q: What kind of music do you play?

A: Authentic Delta blues, I guess.

Q: Really? Since when?

A: About 40, 50 years.

Q: But people don't like actors who play music. How do you get around that?

A: I play for them. Forgive my rudeness, get Keanu Reeves or Kevin Bacon or any of them to play for you and then tell me what you think. You'll see the difference real quick. OK?

Q: What do you put in the occupation box on your tax return: Actor, musician or professional ass-kicker?

A: Well, my first love is music. I can say that. I make more money in the movies.

Q: What about kicking?

A: You've got to stay in shape, so you train every day as much as you can, play guitar every day so you can keep the chops up, and the rest is what it is.

Q: Do you think some people come see you just because they think you're going to blow stuff up?

A: I would be guessing, just like you are, why people come to see me. Some know about my musicianship and songs. I have albums out in different parts of the world. I've been playing concerts all over the world for a long, long time.

Q: I noticed you wear a kimono when you play. Is that for comfort or is it part of your technique?

A: I was raised in Asia, so I wear a lot of Asian clothes.

Q: Is it difficult to play in those?

A: No, it's much more comfortable. Anyway ...

Q: Do you act out any scenes from your movies between songs?

A: Not really. I just play the songs.

Q: These are original songs?

A: Well, I had to do a couple covers because on the album I had the whole Muddy Waters band and I wanted to show respect to them, so I did a couple of songs by Howlin' Wolf and Muddy.

Q: How did you get those guys to play on your album? Did you use rope?

A: I'm friends with all these guys. I live in Memphis. I've been in the blues for some 30-odd years. I know them all.

Q: Nobody knows all this. It's like breaking news.

A: I hate to tell you this, but a lot of people know it. I'll give an example, OK? If I played with B.B. King a hundred times that many times around the world, do you think anyone might have seen it? And I've played with a lot more cats than B.B. King all over the world. Lots and lots of times. Believe me, there's a lot of people out there that know.

Q: As far as you know, are you the only blues-playing Buddhist?

A: I'm sure that's not true at all. There's probably hundreds of thousands of blues-playing Buddhists.

Q: Does the Buddhist philosophy really work with the blues?

A: I would have to say this is the weirdest interview I've had yet. Um, does the Buddhist philosophy lend itself to blues?

Q: Right.

A: Well, I think Buddhism is about embracing all of life.

Q: In all your movies, you're seen with a Colt M1911 semi-automatic pistol. Are you going to have one onstage?

A: Is this one of those interviews where it's going to be like Mad television or something where you're really just doing this to f -- me as bad as you can?

Q: No. I promise I'll come out of this looking like the stupid one. I just had no idea you played music. Nobody did.

A: OK. I love music. I like to bring people joy. It's really that simple.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

well that seals it for sure!

the world will end tomorrow at the first bar of went down to the crossroads.

in other news, revelations was written long before pope gregory changed the calendar.

so pope greg's 666 isn't the same 666 as what was on the julian calendar and certainly not the same as the jewish calendar...or the chinese one for that matter.

and just so we don't get too far away from the evil that is delta blues aikido movie fu, the evil that men do has always been part and parcel to the good that men do as well.

life is not a gap between righteousness and evil. The greater majority of humanity is subject to both. We do evil without knowing it (polluting, wasting, apathetic response to real disaster and human strife) we do good without knowing it (smiling at someone who is down, finishing your lunch so the next guy doesn't have to stand up to eat his, getting your project done on time to ensure that it is successful, calling your mom on a regular basis, etc etc)

In this new age of fear , alarmism and rampant consumerism to alleviate those other two, why not just go with the flow?!

lube up and let it in, everyone else is!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

bs

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    [URL="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/06/04/PKGDOILQ9F1.DTL&hw=seagal&sn=001&sc=1000"]POP QUIZ: STEVEN SEAGAL
    -Q: What kind of music do you play?

A: Authentic Delta blues, I guess.

Q: Really? Since when?

A: About 40, 50 years.

Q: But people don't like actors who play music. How do you get around that?

A: I play for them. Forgive my rudeness, get Keanu Reeves or Kevin Bacon or any of them to play for you and then tell me what you think. You'll see the difference real quick. OK?

Q: What do you put in the occupation box on your tax return: Actor, musician or professional ass-kicker?

A: Well, my first love is music. I can say that. I make more money in the movies.

Q: What about kicking?

gene, where did you find this, honestly, I could have gave a better interview, and I am really bad at that kind of stuff.

And I know you started this thread, and mentioned 666 in it, but I am lost, did you change your thread topic??? Cause I can't believe I just passed over sevenstar's post, he has a some splainin to do.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Enjoy the wonderful discourse today for tomorrow the 666 of the Beast cometh and who can stand against the tide of evil which will sweep the earth. Settle all issues of which style is best today because after tomorrow there shall be no more debate.
    Last edited by Dim Wit Mak; 06-05-2006 at 07:36 PM.
    Figure Eight

you obviously weren't talking to me specifically

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan

What does it say? Can I leave work and go hand to hand with zombies?

it's about zeus going bi-polar on his own ass.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

that post needs some explaing DJ

but, wait, naw, don't worry about it.

It's 666 in China and the closest thing there has been to the end of the world is a taxi drivers strike that makes it hard to get a cab.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro
    What does it say? Can I leave work and go hand to hand with zombies?
    ive read my zombie survival guide and i got my crow bar ready to go. i jsut hope they dont run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

6-6-06 is national LISTEN TO SLAYER DAY!!

i like that.
    http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.